Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jakobi Meyers 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like you, new guy. You better be right btw.

I remember everyone saying the same thing about Fulgham after week 5. You're also being disingenuous, his first productive game was week 7--the first game he was given the opportunity to be a full tim

5 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

what his is ROS outlook?  I'm hesitant to burn a bunch of FAAB on him if Harry and Edelman are due back soon..  

Id say solid WR3. The targets are nice. The offense and QB are not. Edelman barely produced in this offense. Keep in mind he played the Jets. I expect games closer to the last two weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, itiswhatitis2 said:

Edelman is banged up and hoodie is playing for next year.  Harry doesn't effect him and he looks dynamic.  Cam is known for locking onto 1 wr and forcing it.  In ppr you have a borderline WR 1.  In non PPR you are looking at a wr 2 

 

I like you, new guy. You better be right btw.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Going hard after this kid, possibly against my better judgement. Getting Crowder vibes with the crazy high targets on a crappy offense.

Not sure if I have the balls to start him against Baltimore but Houston next week sure does sound nice.

Is Jakobi the new Steve Smith for Cam? I am not saying that Jakobi is anywhere near Steve Smith's level at this time, but just the fact that when he finds a WR he trusts, he targets him a lot. And I agree on the Crowder vibe as well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Going hard after this kid, possibly against my better judgement. Getting Crowder vibes with the crazy high targets on a crappy offense.

Not sure if I have the balls to start him against Baltimore but Houston next week sure does sound nice.

 

Jakobi has been The Pats most effective offensive weapon over the last 3 games (and there isn't a close 2nd).  Sure his huge game was against The Jets but all of his production was desperately needed to beat them.  San Fran is smack dab in the middle in terms of giving up fantasy points to WRs at 15th.  The Bills give up the 8th fewest points to WRs.

 

For 3 straight weeks his targets have grown:

6 targets against San Fran

10 targets @ BUF

14 targets @ NYJ

 

Sure 14 targets may be his ceiling game of targets for the season.  But of those last 3 games he's averaging 10 targets a week.  If he's 7 - 9 targets a week on a run first team he's going to have a solid top 25 WR floor with ceiling for more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FouLLine said:

 

Jakobi has been The Pats most effective offensive weapon over the last 3 games (and there isn't a close 2nd).  Sure his huge game was against The Jets but all of his production was desperately needed to beat them.  San Fran is smack dab in the middle in terms of giving up fantasy points to WRs at 15th.  The Bills give up the 8th fewest points to WRs.

 

For 3 straight weeks his targets have grown:

6 targets against San Fran

10 targets @ BUF

14 targets @ NYJ

 

Sure 14 targets may be his ceiling game of targets for the season.  But of those last 3 games he's averaging 10 targets a week.  If he's 7 - 9 targets a week on a run first team he's going to have a solid top 25 WR floor with ceiling for more.

 

Here is how the rankings shake out for the last 4 weeks of receiving yards per game:

 

1.  Devante Adams 120.8

2.  Julio Jones 106.3

3.  Keenan Allen 98.3

4.  DK Metcalf 97.3

5.  Jakobi Meyers 95.7

6.  Terry McLaurin 93.0

 

Only DK on this list is younger.  McLaurin is a year older.  Otherwise everyone else is 4-6 years older.  There could really be a lot of upside here to be unlocked.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yanksman said:

meh he played the Jets. Dont get me wrong, he should have WR3 value but I can see some (including me) not dropping higher upside players.

 

Who is the bottom of your roster that has more upside than Jakobi?  This guy should have been the highest sought after FA this week if he was even available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Just curios as to what were some of the winning FAAB bids on Jakobi?

 

Any FAAB players have some insight here on winning bids for Jakobi?  I'm not in a FAAB league this year so I was really curious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

 

Any FAAB players have some insight here on winning bids for Jakobi?  I'm not in a FAAB league this year so I was really curious.

 

My waivers run tonight and I'm probably gonna bid about 20%. Basically everything I've got left.

Feels a touch high but I need WR help after making some quantity for quality trades and I don't want to miss out on this guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...