NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jakobi Meyers 2020 Outlook

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like you, new guy. You better be right btw.

I remember everyone saying the same thing about Fulgham after week 5. You're also being disingenuous, his first productive game was week 7--the first game he was given the opportunity to be a full tim

55 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

My waivers run tonight and I'm probably gonna bid about 20%. Basically everything I've got left.

Feels a touch high but I need WR help after making some quantity for quality trades and I don't want to miss out on this guy.

this is the year of playing wr at flex. good move

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, YK35 said:

No concern about Harry and Ford? Thinking of scooping this dude up, afraid of fools gold though.

Not to mention the schedule is not favorable at all. 

Just now, wahl35 said:

Schedule doesn't look too bad .... @HOU / ARI / @LAC / @LAR / @MIA

It looks pretty great after this week, to be honest. Houston especially is a great spot.

He might be fool's gold, obviously. But then again Fulghum seemed like a mirage as well and he's proven to be a legit WR2.

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Was this good news weeks 1 through 6 when this guy didnt even play?

a guy who has sucked all year (harry) who plays a completely different role in wide out deployment is going to hinder a slot receiver who didn't get a shot to play until the starting slot receiver got hurt?

28 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Was this good news weeks 1 through 6 when this guy didnt even play?

Well, it's week 10 now and Meyers has performed better for 3 straight weeks than Harry has in his entire career. Doubtful they put the genie back in the bottle in favor of a bust.

Edited by paulwall29
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

My waivers run tonight and I'm probably gonna bid about 20%. Basically everything I've got left.

Feels a touch high but I need WR help after making some quantity for quality trades and I don't want to miss out on this guy.

Yeah I was kind of wondering if this was the empty the FAAB play or not?  I am higher on Jakobi than most though.  Plus it's starting to get late into the fantasy season.  A big pet peeve of mine is missing the playoffs with a bunch of FAAB left over.  That being said I would recommend always save yourself a few bucks.  I miss FAAB so much.

13 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Have you ever heard the terms "game flow" and "garbage time"?

I have. I also know it's not wise to hitch my wagon to an undrafted poor athlete wideout who plays with QBs averaging less than 200 yards per game with a 3:11 touchdown to interception ratio, especially when that wideout is yet to receive a redzone target or score an NFL touchdown himself and has to face (1) the Ravens this week and (2) the Rams and Bills in the fantasy playoffs. This guy is fools gold.

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, MrCantaloupe said:

I have. I also know it's not wise to hitch my wagon to an undrafted poor athlete wideout who plays with QBs averaging less than 200 yards per game with a 3:11 touchdown to interception ratio, especially when that wideout is yet to receive a redzone target or score an NFL touchdown himself and has to face (1) the Ravens this week and (2) the Rams and Bills in the fantasy playoffs. This guy is fools gold.

Lol ok, I guess I'm crazy for picking up a guy for free off waivers who has no competition for targets and dropped an 11/169 line. I guess I should have grabbed Zach Pascal instead. Who are you picking up over him in competitive leagues where guys like Curtis Samuel and Jalen Reagor don't hit the waiver wire? Let me guess, your team is soooooooo good that you don't need to pick anyone up.

Edited by paulwall29