Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jakobi Meyers 2020 Outlook


sjm76
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/11/2020 at 4:23 PM, MrCantaloupe said:

 

I have. I also know it's not wise to hitch my wagon to an undrafted poor athlete wideout who plays with QBs averaging less than 200 yards per game with a 3:11 touchdown to interception ratio, especially when that wideout is yet to receive a redzone target or score an NFL touchdown himself and has to face (1) the Ravens this week and (2) the Rams and Bills in the fantasy playoffs. This guy is fools gold.

 

This undrafted poor athlete of a wideout over the last 4 weeks has averaged 16.75 points per week in non fractional full point PPR.

 

Over his last 3 weeks:  19 points per week.  If his TD pass was 1 more yard he would have gained 1 more point in this scoring system as well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FouLLine said:

 

This undrafted poor athlete of a wideout over the last 4 weeks has averaged 16.75 points per week in non fractional full point PPR.

 

Over his last 3 weeks:  19 points per week.  If his TD pass was 1 more yard he would have gained 1 more point in this scoring system as well.

 

To me Jakobi has upped his stock more than just about any other fantasy player over the last 3 weeks.  He is clearly a huge role in this offense just go watch the interviews with Cam Newton and see how he talks about this kid.  The only draw back for Jakobi is that Edelman will be returning at some point, hopefully they take their time with his return after all it was knee surgery.  Even that said I think Jakobi is still going to be a very productive player even after Edelman reenters the lineup.  This kid will at the very least be a flex play if not a very good WR2 here on out.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This guy went from, eh maybe I’ll pick him up 2 weeks ago, to me playing him over Gurley and Antonio (both terrible match ups) this week. I watched the Sunday night game, Cam was locked in on him all night, should have had a receiving TD to go along with the passing TD but Cam threw a terrible pass into he ground. Methinks a legit WR2 moving forward. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

This guy went from, eh maybe I’ll pick him up 2 weeks ago, to me playing him over Gurley and Antonio (both terrible match ups) this week. I watched the Sunday night game, Cam was locked in on him all night, should have had a receiving TD to go along with the passing TD but Cam threw a terrible pass into he ground. Methinks a legit WR2 moving forward. 

 

Jakobi's stock continues to rise quickly.  Right now I have him in my lineup over JuJu & DeVante Parker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

This guy went from, eh maybe I’ll pick him up 2 weeks ago, to me playing him over Gurley and Antonio (both terrible match ups) this week. I watched the Sunday night game, Cam was locked in on him all night, should have had a receiving TD to go along with the passing TD but Cam threw a terrible pass into he ground. Methinks a legit WR2 moving forward. 

 

A WR2 may be ambitious but he's definitely a guy I feel comfortable starting in my Flex. I think he'll be a dependable WR3 from here on out, which is awesome.

Edited by MingusDew
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MingusDew said:

 

A WR2 may be ambitious but he's definitely a guy I feel comfortable starting in my Flex. I think he'll be a dependent WR3 from here on out, which is awesome.

 

Until Edelman comes back he's an easy WR2.  Even when Edelman comes back he may still produce around that fringe WR2 range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

 

I would love for you to be right. I just have very little confidence in Cam.

 

Cam is better than people give him credit for.  The Patriots had a covid outbreak and didn't practice for basically two weeks.  Cam rushed back from it as soon as he could 10 days and clearly had some ill effects still.  This offense is really starting to take strides going forward.  Jakobi has the upside to be a WR1 while Edelman is gone.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2020 at 3:31 PM, FouLLine said:

 

Cam is better than people give him credit for.  The Patriots had a covid outbreak and didn't practice for basically two weeks.  Cam rushed back from it as soon as he could 10 days and clearly had some ill effects still.  This offense is really starting to take strides going forward.  Jakobi has the upside to be a WR1 while Edelman is gone.

How ya feeling now?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, newyork2la said:

For those who watched the game what the heck happened!? Having watched the previous 3 Pats games I thought for sure he was a lock for 10+ targets. 

I have to review the snaps, etc...but I feared Roby would shadow him and I am thinking that might have been the case?

The other HOU corners are drek and think that Cam just kept attacking them instead of forcing stuff into Meyers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I have to review the snaps, etc...but I feared Roby would shadow him and I am thinking that might have been the case?

The other HOU corners are drek and think that Cam just kept attacking them instead of forcing stuff into Meyers.

I hope so... would make sense too since Meyers apparently was the only WR (or was it anyone?!) targeted the week before. Hopefully the pendulum starts swinging back the other way a bit now that Byrd and Harry hopefully showed they’re not complete bums so teams can’t just focus on Meyers.

Edited by Vendetta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

who did you start over him in weeks 9 and 10? don't lie. 

 

My team performed perfectly fine without Jakobi Meyers the last 3 weeks, thanks. IIRC, his start% over the two weeks you mention was below 5%. This jumped to near 30% this past weekend. Some would say this means his dud on Sunday was far more harmful to fantasy owners than anything he did prior was helpful.

People like you were enamored by his Jets game and seemed to think he would be a WR2 with WR1 upside going forward. Ridiculous. This is why I warned people he is fool's gold. One good 80-snap anomaly game does not a good fantasy receiver make.

Check my post history and you'll see I had no issues with owners playing him against the Jets, and my issues with him were and are primarily related to (1) his being in a poor passing offense and (2) the return of Harry and Edelman, who did not play against the Jets. Since I gave my opinion about his being fool's gold (following the Jets game), he has caught only 8 passes for 97 yards, and his target share yesterday dropped below 8%.

All the red flags remain. He's played over 750 snaps in his career and has never caught a TD. He plays in an offense that throws the ball less than 30 times per game, which has scored less than 18 points per game in their last 7. Harry returned and lapped him in targets yesterday, 8 to 3. And Edelman is apparently close to a return as well.

It's time to admit what he is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...