NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade for DK or Keenan and Herbert... or AJB? WHIR

10 team 0.5 ppr, 6-1... playoff prep time - time to upgrade the starting lineup while giving away depth. I currently have an owner looking to trade me his DK or Keenan, and an owner looking to trade me his AJ Brown, all for the same players.

I have made 8 trades so far, and packaged off some very good waiver pick ups and mid round draft picks to get elite guys in my starting lineup.

Because of my position, I am only focused on weeks 14-16, and possibly just 15/16 because of first round bye. 

DK Metcalf/Justin Herbert (NYJ  20th, WAS 32nd, LAR 31st) for Tannehill/Tyler Boyd/ Antonio Gibson/DJ Chark (or Fulgham)

Keenan Allen (ATL 5th, LV 10th, DEN 15th)/Justin Herbert for Tannehill/Boyd/Gibson/Chark

AJ Brown (JAX 14th, DET 8th, GB 21st) for Boyd/Gibson/Chark

My current team looks like this (starters when healthy in bold)

QB Tannehill, Brady

WRs: Tyreek, Godwin, Boyd, Chark, Fulgham, Higgins, AB

RBs: CMC, Henry, Sanders (flex), Chase Edmonds, Antonio Gibson, McNichols (handcuff for the king)

TE: Kelce

Which stud wideout would you pair with Tyreek for the playoff run, and do I include Herbert in the deal for DK/Keenan?

Would love to hear some opinions on this, who ya got rest of season and more importantly in the playoffs? Leave a link, thanks!

I wouldnt do any of those. That seems way too much to give up. But it looks like you have the depth to make the sacrifice, so..

I'd prob go Allen, think hes most reliable. Brown is a boss, but could be risky. DK might have more games where Lockett steals the show.

Also I'd be careful with Herbert vs Tannehil. Think I might trust Tannehil ros. It's close tho.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, joed0 said:

My favorite is DK but the week 15-16 schedule might scare you a little.I think Keenan and AJ are a wash, and I lean to Tanny over Herbert. So I think I'd go for the AJ trade. Thanks for your help on mine.

7 minutes ago, MetsSox said:

I like the Keenan/Herbert connection especially in a ppr format

1 minute ago, gregp said:

I wouldnt do any of those. That seems way too much to give up. But it looks like you have the depth to make the sacrifice, so..

I'd prob go Allen, think hes most reliable. Brown is a boss, but could be risky. DK might have more games where Lockett steals the show.

Also I'd be careful with Herbert vs Tannehil. Think I might trust Tannehil ros. It's close tho.

So in ECR (fantasy pros expert consensus rankings) Keenan is rated as the WR13 rest of season and DK the WR5, that consensus comes from about 18-20 experts. So my thinking is, do I trust the experts here or do I play my lineup? 

Because with my roster, I already have the boom guy in Tyreek, so pairing DK with Tyreek would give me two guys who are among the most exciting players to own in fantasy... but also two guys who can both put up dud games. Keenan could provide the safer floor of my top two guys while having Tyreek provide the ceiling. From a roster construction standpoint, does pairing the lesser ranked Keenan with Tyreek make sense over DK then?

Is this a keeper/dynasty league? If it is then no doubt go with DK. It must be keeper cuz you have like 3 first rounders and 3 second rounders.

Allen seems safest, but DK is def more attractive play, cant blame you for picking him over Allen.

Does your league reward points for WRs making defensive plays? Cuz then DK is the obv guy you want

3 minutes ago, gregp said:

Is this a keeper/dynasty league? If it is then no doubt go with DK. It must be keeper cuz you have like 3 first rounders and 3 second rounders.

Allen seems safest, but DK is def more attractive play, cant blame you for picking him over Allen.

Does your league reward points for WRs making defensive plays? Cuz then DK is the obv guy you want

Redraft league, not a keeper. Made 8 trades so far this season, just traded Ridley/Dalvin/Mattison/Swift for Henry/Tyreek/Fulgham today.

Picked up James Robinson, drafted Kareem Hunt and RoJo, sold all 3 to get me Henry and Sanders. Overall turned my later round draft picks and good waiver pickups into the 1st and 2nd round talent that I currently have. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of aiming for the post season but think you should hold pat right now. Depth will be a big deal with all the injuries/covid and thos seem like significant overpays. Herbert has been great but so has Tanny.

Great other moves though!

Edited by vthokie3