NBC Sports Edge Forums

TNF 10-29-2020 Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weird usage with Gurley. Didn’t appear to be hurt. Actually came in a few times on that last drive to finish the half. Could just be managing his reps on a short week. 

Even if Gurley goes down, don’t see any Atlanta RB having value. Hill would be the best choice, but at best he’d probably be a flex play.

Just now, LionKid90 said:

Weird usage with Gurley. Didn’t appear to be hurt. Actually came in a few times on that last drive to finish the half. Could just be managing his reps on a short week. 

Even if Gurley goes down, don’t see any Atlanta RB having value. Hill would be the best choice, but at best he’d probably be a flex play.

Bolded only viable explanation. 

This is still a game - I expect to see more Gurley based on the info (lack thereof) to date.

Maybe they wanted him walk it off and head to lockeroom early. Might X-ray, tape it, and have him play second half. It didn’t seem bad on replay. I’m surprised if it is bad enough knock him out of game. Unless this is a aggression of previous injury?

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... too bad they didn't sign a vet RB with a nose for the end zone this off-season 🤷‍♂️

oh, wait - they did!  guy's tied with King Hendry for most rushing TDs this season.

seems legit. 

It is the one thing Todd Gurley still has going for him. He converts from in close still. I just noticed he was still 25 years old the other day and I spit my coffee out of my mouth. Runs like he's 35. Frank Gore is more explosive.

Edited by Benjamin1984
Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

Maybe they wanted him walk it off and head to lockeroom early. Might X-ray, tape it, and have him play second half. It didn’t seem bad on replay. I’m surprised if it is bad enough knock him out of game. Unless this is a aggression of previous injury?

The way he was walking on it, they could inject him with PCP and it still wouldn't work right.

Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

He's been featured in the Injury Thread off and on the last few weeks. An aggravation does concern me.