NBC Sports Edge Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 9

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 9 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 9 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

💪Stout Scoops 🍨   WRs: Show me the Mooney! 💰🤑💸💲 Foles supported multiple WRs finally..it was Miller time too... make bank with stashin some Mooneyyyyyy...gimme da Mooney... Sn

Yeah, the guy in your avatar.

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Alshon

I'm not sure why anybody would be recommending Alshon at this point.  I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play again this year.

Zack Moss if he is available.  Looks like a 50-50 committee.  He got the goal line touches.

Jordan Wilkins looked good.  

Kendrick Bourne

Darnell Mooney

11 hours ago, dfstout said:

💪Stout Scoops 🍨

Ayoooo Benny Anthony DiNucci wants a word witchu 🤌ova here...🥫🍜the Italian Stallion might run and throw wild in Big D 🌟

Bigggg might...can he be worse than what we've already seen?

🥞🦬 should be fantasy stats...happy 🏈 2 all and 2 all footbaaaaaalllllllllllllllll 💥🎇🎆🎆🔥📛👨‍🚒🚒🧯

WOOF!!!! My question was answered.....do NOT GET Ben DiNUCCI, I REPEAT DO NOT GET DINUCCI...

Edited by dfstout
  • Haha 1

This is more of a stash going forwards but Jeremy McNichols, or D'Onta Freeman, could churn out some solid numbers if Derrick Henry were to get injured. I personally would give the edge to McNichols, but regardless, Tennessee has a very favorable schedule weeks 13-17 and you could get some really solid flex production if anything happens to Henry.

if you need a week 9 RB play i think gus gus is the best bet at RB. too much unknown with the seattle situation.... only if hyde and carson are still out will dj be worth a play.

if gaskin misses practice on wednesday fire up your breidas as a speculative hold.... tv caught gaskin kinda limping off the field under his own power after his last carry of the game yesterday. hope it's nothing but haven't heard any talk about it

1 hour ago, Kantheman4 said:

This is more of a stash going forwards but Jeremy McNichols, or D'Onta Freeman, could churn out some solid numbers if Derrick Henry were to get injured. I personally would give the edge to McNichols, but regardless, Tennessee has a very favorable schedule weeks 13-17 and you could get some really solid flex production if anything happens to Henry.

Wasn't Darrynton Evans the backup before he got hurt? I was thinking of stashing him in my IR slot because the Henry backup does have value in the event of injury. I wonder if McNichols passed him on the depth chart though

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Wasn't Darrynton Evans the backup before he got hurt? I was thinking of stashing him in my IR slot because the Henry backup does have value in the event of injury. I wonder if McNichols passed him on the depth chart though

Evans had a terrible camp and who knows if the coaches trust him.  They seem to have some trust in McNichols so that's where I'd place my bet for this season if you're looking to hold Henry's cuff.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Evans had a terrible camp and who knows if the coaches trust him.  They seem to have some trust in McNichols so that's where I'd place my bet for this season if you're looking to hold Henry's cuff.

Despite camp Evans was getting snaps over McNichols before he got hurt. Obviously he's only an option for people with IR slots. I wouldn't roster him over McNichols today if I had to park him in a regular bench spot but I am curious what will happen if/when Evans gets back on the field. 

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic