NBC Sports Edge Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 9

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 9

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 9 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

💪Stout Scoops 🍨   WRs: Show me the Mooney! 💰🤑💸💲 Foles supported multiple WRs finally..it was Miller time too... make bank with stashin some Mooneyyyyyy...gimme da Mooney... Sn

Yeah, the guy in your avatar.

20 hours ago, dfstout said:

💪Stout Scoops 🍨

WRs:

Show me the Mooney! 💰🤑💸💲

Foles supported multiple WRs finally..it was Miller time too... make bank with stashin some Mooneyyyyyy...gimme da Mooney...

Snead I say more? Willie do it again? Idk but he eclipsed a hundo so 🤷

How could you Mecole Hardman? How could you be so heartleesss...Mecole broke hearts 💕💔and ankles all day...Chiefs WR still widely lonely on wires.

Reagor beavers are gettin their due... 🦫🦫🦫Reagor is back and ready to stretch fields and his wings for the Philly Birds.

RBs:

Gus 🚌 honk honk...Gus Edwards brought em to school all afternoon...Sunday school that is...

A pair of 👶🐎🐎... Wild  wild horses couldn't drag Jordan Wilkins and Nyheim Hines away...Taylor might be ridin the pine going forward...Wilkins and Hines handled biz.

🎶🎵 Go DeeJay...thats not my DeeJay...but he could be yours...DeeJay Dallas was on the ones and twos spinnin the pigskin in the endzone for the Seahawks. With the rest of their stable banged up...it might be giddyup for Dallas going forward...

Hasty Decision made pay dirt...JMike was a bright spot in the 9ers offense this week... could be gold in San Francisco 🌉🌁

TEs:

Jared Cookin' again? 🥘🫕🥣Breesy's TE might be on wires and he sizzled versus a pretty good defense...Cooked up TDs a few weeks in a row now. 

MegEbron! 🤖 Ebron was bionic vs the Ravens..it was technology vs nature and technology won. 

Burton is for Certain...Trey B said U cant C Me and rushed for another T-E T-D...ooooweeeeee 💥

🧊ice QBs 🧊 Quarterbacks:

Rivers unfrozen? 💧🚰🚿🚱💦💧🚰🚿🚱

Philly Rivers shook off the shivers and balled out like its 2005...atta old boy!

Ayoooo Benny Anthony DiNucci wants a word witchu 🤌ova here...🥫🍜the Italian Stallion might run and throw wild in Big D 🌟

Bigggg might...can he be worse than what we've already seen?

STOUT DEFENSES:

AZ Desert 🐦🐦 🐍 coming off a bye with a lotta sprite in their future... 🔮🔮🔮

Pats on the back! Week 9 vs. The Planes on the horizon...going to be a crash landing again as Cam gets right and the Pats defense takes flight ✈️✈️

¡Miami, ay Papi! 🌞🌶🐬🐬🐬 Sonic waves comin ur way in the sunset of the fantasy season...sprite on South Beach ⛱😋.

We str8 from Cleveland...pop those opponents they bleee don... 🦴🍖🎶Dog Pound gon' eat. Browns could be the 💩 down the stretch.

Kickiliscous kickers stickin kicks like dey stickers...🍯kickers!!!

Badgeley ballin and done with bye and the 🔩🔩 🌩 offense is hummin...

P.S. Trade for DK Metcalf...I did and it took away the sting veryyy slightly when he blew up vs my 9ers...who am I kidding-- no it didn't, but at least we don't play against him every week...

🥞🦬 should be fantasy stats...happy 🏈 2 all and 2 all footbaaaaaalllllllllllllllll 💥🎇🎆🎆🔥📛👨‍🚒🚒🧯

JK Dobbins looks to be the back to own in that backfield. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

JK Dobbins looks to be the back to own in that backfield. 

I should specify that I choose players that are most likely on the wire rather than drafted or signed...I figured Dobbins was already scooped in most competitive 12 teamers. If he isnt, have at it...

• Like 2

I usually try to grab a defense that I can sorta set and forget around this time of year. Bye week drops, defenses that we know their identity and with easy ROS (or week 13-16) schedules.

Having a hard time finding any defense worth a damn this year. TEN, ARI, NO, DEN, rough.

Does anyone have a resource that shows ROS strength of schedule? Whether as a team or specifically for a defense v offense.

19 minutes ago, leebattle said:

I usually try to grab a defense that I can sorta set and forget around this time of year. Bye week drops, defenses that we know their identity and with easy ROS (or week 13-16) schedules.

Having a hard time finding any defense worth a damn this year. TEN, ARI, NO, DEN, rough.

Does anyone have a resource that shows ROS strength of schedule? Whether as a team or specifically for a defense v offense.

Fantasypros has one. 

DEFs with the best ROS strength of schedule;

1. PIT

2. LAR

3. DAL

4. CAR

5. MIN

6. SEA

7. ARI 

8. HOU

9. NYG

10. CIN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Lotta stream-able team D's this week.

'Zona may be on your WW since they were on a bye last week, and they get Tua who struggled against the Rams on Sunday. He got bailed out by a great D and special teams play, but you can't bank on that every week.

Houston gets to pin their ears back and go after a rook QB (6th rounder Jake Luton). Who? 

WFT going back up against the Giants. Giants D won the first battle a few weeks ago, but WFT playing better D of late. Either or both make fine plays IMO. 

2 hours ago, leebattle said:

Fantasy Pros, as mentioned by activeobserver, is great source of reference because their rankings are based on consensus opinions of many of the industry's fantasy analysts.

FF Today also has this chart that I like: https://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats.php?o=3&PosID=99&Data=Last5&Show1=6&Show2=17&LeagueID=

Yahoo also has fantasy points against that you can use to see which position has done the best/worst to date (it's under the research tab/header).

• Thanks 3

So we now know Jamal williams is out this week and Aaron jones might not be ready for Thursday. Who would be the back to pick up? Aj Dillon out also ? 

i know niners aren’t the best matchup but whoever is the RB for Green Bay could be a great 1 week fill in 

13 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

So we now know Jamal williams is out this week and Aaron jones might not be ready for Thursday. Who would be the back to pick up? Aj Dillon out also ? 

i know niners aren’t the best matchup but whoever is the RB for Green Bay could be a great 1 week fill in 

Dexter Williams is on their practice squad, Tyler Ervin is a very undersized scat back who might catch a couple passes.  

• Like 1
On 11/2/2020 at 8:05 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

If you are hurting at TE (who the heck isn't) don't forget about Logan Thomas.

Yeah he's a sneaky good pickup. Washington is in desperate need of a reliable #2.

Signed: A fellow Kittle owner 

11 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Yeah he's a sneaky good pickup. Washington is in desperate need of a reliable #2.

Signed: A fellow Kittle owner 

As a Kittle owner, my #1 waiver claim right here. Doubt I get him. 

Next would be J. Reed/R. Dwelley.

And don't sleep on A. Hooper who may have been dropped due to appendicitis and the bye week.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic