NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 9

tonycpsu

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 9

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 9 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

1 hour ago, Brh1219 said:

Just picked up jordan howard with breida possibly out. Im assuming he would headline the miami backfield?

Purely a desperation dart throw. But yes, you'd assume he'll get the bulk of the carries. In full PPR I might give Laird the nod however. 

I'm not sure how they grade out in pass pro, but Laird generally seemed to be the passing down back, and needless to say protecting Tua is priority number one. 

4 minutes ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

Anyone jumping back on the Gage bandwagon?

opportunity will be there... question is... will he do anything with them?

I'd say no but he absolutely burned me this year the week I started him so admittedly I'm biased. I think that little stretch where it seemed he was trending up was a complete fluke. 

8 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

San Francisco has no WR, no RB, a backup TE, a backup QB

Therefore Green Bay doesn't have to be that good....

I understood his post to be in reference more to the remaining schedule rather than just the SF game, since the owner he quoted listed out the Pack’s upcoming schedule. 

2 hours ago, collucho said:

Need an RB for Week 10. Just traded James Robinson for Deandre Hopkins leaving me with Antonio Gibson as my only running back with a game. Also got Mike Davis but I'm probably gonna drop him for a spot starter. Leaning McKinnon or Breida.

This sucks why'd I trade him.

Missed the ability to start Mckinnon he was probably the play.

I suggest Duke Johsnon, the Texans offense has been cooking since they fired BOB. BOB is the fool that traded for David Johnson (also the fool that traded for Duke Johnson) but I heard that after the bye they planned to use Duke Johnson more for two reasons. 1- He is a solid football player and 2- They can walk away from David Johnson's contract and only pay him 2.1 million. 2.1 million and 6.9 million to spend on something else is likely a better investment then 9 million on David Johnson so they want to see if Duke is the guy, a guy or if they tell him to kick rocks, they can walk away from Duke for free (likely a given now that I checked his contract) or pay him 5.15 million next year.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Missed the ability to start Mckinnon he was probably the play.

I suggest Duke Johsnon, the Texans offense has been cooking since they fired BOB. BOB is the fool that traded for David Johnson (also the fool that traded for Duke Johnson) but I heard that after the bye they planned to use Duke Johnson more for two reasons. 1- He is a solid football player and 2- They can walk away from David Johnson's contract and only pay him 2.1 million. 2.1 million and 6.9 million to spend on something else is likely a better investment then 9 million on David Johnson so they want to see if Duke is the guy, a guy or if they tell him to kick rocks, they can walk away from Duke for free (likely a given now that I checked his contract) or pay him 5.15 million next year.

This is Duke Johnson's 6th season in the league... I'm pretty sure everybody know's who he is at this point...

Also, Romeo Crennel isn't concerning himself with the team's payroll next season. He's going to coach to win the game.

These kind of mental gymnastics are just foolish. David Johnson is the play in HOU.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This is Duke Johnson's 6th season in the league... I'm pretty sure everybody know's who he is at this point...

Also, Romeo Crennel isn't concerning himself with the team's payroll next season. He's going to coach to win the game.

These kind of mental gymnastics are just foolish. David Johnson is the play in HOU.

Yes obviously but Duke Johnson isn't the worst suggestion for a one week plug and play. 

Edit: Think I'm gonna pair Antonio Gibson with JD Mckissic against the Giants. Both should be able to produce 20+ points combined.

Edited by collucho
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, collucho said:

Yes obviously but Duke Johnson isn't the worst suggestion for a one week plug and play. 

Edit: Think I'm gonna pair Antonio Gibson with JD Mckissic against the Giants. Both should be able to produce 20+ points combined.

I think that's a definite. Mckissic has been hovering around 6-8 points average I believe. If I'm remembering correctly. I like Gibson a lot. Wish I had shares

30 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Jakobi Meyers and/or Damiere Byrd with Edlemen and Harry out, and newly acquired Ford not eligible to play.  

Someone's gotta catch passes, and well...it's the Jests.

I liked Meyers better before they acquired Isaiah Ford.  With Harry likely coming back soon as well, this could be the last week that Meyers is startable even in superflex leagues.

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic