NBC Sports Edge Forums

Troymaine Pope 2020 Outlook

It seemed like a legit 50/50 split last week with Ballage and Kelley. Ballage ended up with a few more carries but I bet the snap counts were very similar. So I would guess it'll be another split this week between Ballage and Pope, but even worse because Kelley will still carve out a small role. I really want to use one of these guys but just hate the situation. Lynn seems to want to dole out touches to every RB on his roster for some reason. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IN NOMINE PATRIS, ET FILII, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN                        -- Pope Troymaine for XI PPR Sunday...he is risen from the protocol and is back to save us all thru the byes.

Pope is the 2020 Mostert   All aboard!!

This guy has bounced around the league since 2016 and has one good game to show for it. They're both trash.

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It seemed like a legit 50/50 split last week with Ballage and Kelley. Ballage ended up with a few more carries but I bet the snap counts were very similar. So I would guess it'll be another split this week between Ballage and Pope, but even worse because Kelley will still carve out a small role. I really want to use one of these guys but just hate the situation. Lynn seems to want to dole out touches to every RB on his roster for some reason. 

well, Lynn is a fantastic coach.  Likely coach of the year tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
1 minute ago, sillylung said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/kalen-ballage-demoted-after-busy-week-9/

Ballage gets sent back to the practice squad because of Pope being healthy?

I think if Ballage gets pulled up again from the practice squad then it will be hard to trust anyone in this backfield as a viable option. The best case scenario would be if they kept Ballage on the practice squad and rode with Pope...but I don't see that happening if that only leaves them with two active RBs on their roster with JJ out.

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Jackson reportedly won't practice this week, seems iffy for game. Pope needs to get cleared but could be a bigtime opportunity this week, if he is able.

He’s now cleared and practicing...

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

50 Pope, 40 Ballage, 10 Kelley?

Wouldn’t shock anyone, as Lynn appears to prefer others over Kelley for whatever reason.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

50 Pope, 40 Ballage, 10 Kelley?  Just hoping he isn't get Wally Pipped by Ballage.

Ideally, Ballage is kept on the squad or, if brought back up, is inactive on game day.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, mjb said:

Wouldn’t shock anyone, as Lynn appears to prefer others over Kelley for whatever reason.

Lynn said publicly he’s been “running timid.”  Time to pivot to a different option here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, owenmills said:

It goes back to Lynn's days as Terrell Davis's backup.  During his entire Broncos career, he kept thinking "put me in coach, I'm ready to play".  Sadly, the most he ever received was 2 carries in 1999.  Now, it's his life mission to make sure that all backup running backs get a fair shot.  Truly a wonderful human being.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
5 minutes ago, dfstout said:

IN NOMINE PATRIS, ET FILII, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN

-- Pope Troymaine for XI

PPR Sunday...he is risen from the protocol and is back to save us all thru the byes.

Even if he just does it “In nomine phantasiae vensicae,” I’ll take it.

Edited by BMcP
  • Haha 1

Just based on the eye test watching all their highlights this year, Pope is clearly looking the best to me. Fastest runner of the three, best receiver, I'm betting he's winning this week's spin of the wheel on Chargers backs. Nobody would know who Ballage is if Pope didn't take that concussion hit

• Like 1
4 hours ago, zorndogs said:

Just based on the eye test watching all their highlights this year, Pope is clearly looking the best to me. Fastest runner of the three, best receiver, I'm betting he's winning this week's spin of the wheel on Chargers backs. Nobody would know who Ballage is if Pope didn't take that concussion hit

Can not argue with any of this...I watched too (his only game, but still) and he blew the other guys outta the water. He isn't big, but at 205 lbs he has some power to his game...sticks a foot in the turf and gets up-field in a hurry...plus has plenty of wiggle and receiving chops. I don't think that Lynn and this staff holds his concussion against him and he gets a legit shot to establish himself as the back that they want to replicate what Ekeler was doing in this scheme. If anything, it is a cheap gamble.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Can not argue with any of this...I watched too (his only game, but still) and he blew the other guys outta the water. He isn't big, but at 205 lbs he has some power to his game...sticks a foot in the turf and gets up-field in a hurry...plus has plenty of wiggle and receiving chops. I don't think that Lynn and this staff holds his concussion against him and he gets a legit shot to establish himself as the back that they want to replicate what Ekeler was doing in this scheme. If anything, it is a cheap gamble.

I concur. He strives to have Kamara-like game. Not even close, but still. He could be Kamara Lite in a best case scenario

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic