NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade Andrews for Fuller?

In my 12 team ppr league I have a huge dilemma. For week 9 Boyd, Woods, Higgins are all on bye. On top of that, Godwin and Carson may not play. After this week I am 4-4. Week 9 is definitely a must win for me. I need some productive bodies for week 9. Anyway the guy in my league with Kittle needs a TE. Would you trade Andrews for Fuller?

qb justin herbert

wr tyler boyd

wr tee higgins

wr robert woods

rb kareen hunt

rb chris carson

te mark andrews

flex dallas goedert

bn nelson agholor

bn chris godwin

bn james robinson

bn nick chubb

bn antonio brown

k younghoe koo

def new england

It's close. Both players are similar-ish value to me. I'm good with it but you're probably gonna have to move a WR soon after. No reason to waste some of those guys on your bench. From a positional scarcity perspective I don't love it. From a player perspective it's fine.

A factor you have to consider is that it's very possible Fuller gets dealt before the deadline. Let's say he goes to Green Bay since they're apparently pushing hard to acquire him. I think from a fantasy perspective he becomes slightly less valuable in that scenario. If he stays put or goes somewhere where he is the unquestioned WR1 in that offense, I think the deal is fine, but you won't know that until after you make the trade. So that makes it tough. Because you need a WR this week and have Goedert, I think you probably do it, but it could definitely be a deal you regret by season's end, especially if Lamar figures it out and Andrews starts producing like the top 3 TE he is on a consistent basis.

9 minutes ago, SMP1993 said:

A factor you have to consider is that it's very possible Fuller gets dealt before the deadline. Let's say he goes to Green Bay since they're apparently pushing hard to acquire him. I think from a fantasy perspective he becomes slightly less valuable in that scenario. If he stays put or goes somewhere where he is the unquestioned WR1 in that offense, I think the deal is fine, but you won't know that until after you make the trade. So that makes it tough. Because you need a WR this week and have Goedert, I think you probably do it, but it could definitely be a deal you regret by season's end, especially if Lamar figures it out and Andrews starts producing like the top 3 TE he is on a consistent basis.

Should I just take the L for week 9? After this week, I think my team should be able to win the next 4 weeks. My ROS schedule after week 9 gets easier. 

37 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Should I just take the L for week 9? After this week, I think my team should be able to win the next 4 weeks. My ROS schedule after week 9 gets easier. 

It would depend on your league's playoff structure and where everyone else is the standings. I think Will Fuller will produce wherever he goes, so I'm not in any way anti-Fuller. I just think you'd have to go in with the mindset you're most likely getting a WR2 for a guy I'd consider a top 3 TE as opposed to a low-end WR1. Everything I'm reading indicates that Houston is going to move Fuller since they can't re-sign him, so I'd personally be surprised if he stays put. I do think if you can stream a solid TE this week you can get TE1 production form Goedert until Ertz returns, and TE2 production after Ertz is healthy, so what you're really weighing is do you think Fuller + Goedert are requisite value for Andrews