NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyler Ervin 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

Anyone rolling him out there? Is he the play over Dexter Williams?

Total crapshoot but Dexter is the far more prototypical back. I understand going Ervin in full PPR but he's essentially never done anything, ever. At least with Dexter there's hope for upside. 

23 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

Ervin is like Chris Thompson, good receiver good open field runner, will be broken just like Chris with lots of touches, however for a 1 week rental I might be in.

True, but an EXTREMELY poor man's version. He's been in the league a few years now, done absolutely nothing, and his yards per reception is atrocious. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MonsterMan said:

Regardless of who it is (Dex Williams or Ervin),it looks like tough sledding against Niner's defense that is stingy to RBs.  Plus Thursday night game in SF, look for Rodgers to throw it a lot.

in this regard, which rb gets the benefit in ppr?

19 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

in this regard, which rb gets the benefit in ppr?

You'd probably have to give it to Ervin but it's a total crapshoot of two below average backs in a bad matchup. I feel like there'd have to be a better option. 

I feel like LaFleur would just run 5 wide and occasionally run their fullbacks and tight ends up the gut. Just because the starters are out doesn't mean we should expect starting RB production. You got Dex who's been sitting on the practice squad and Ervin who's a special teamer taking 1st team reps now. Packers will evolve for a week in a game where they will likely be slinging it anyway.

Very torn on if Ervin or Dexter is worth a start.  I'm leaning towards Dexter.  Looks like Ervin is more of a scat back being that he's a converted WR and being 5-10 192, it's kinda small for a RB.  Dexter does fit the prototype better.

Dexter might be worth a shot being that he's an unknown (meaning that it doesn't mean he can't produce) and he's in one of the best offenses in the league.  He could very well get goal line carries.  Ervin might do decent in full PPR, but he's been in the league for several years, i wouldn't expect a high ceiling.  I would expect around 6-7 points for Ervin in full PPR to be his floor.  He'll need to break a long TD to be relevant.  

Edited by nk2333
8 hours ago, nk2333 said:

Very torn on if Ervin or Dexter is worth a start.  I'm leaning towards Dexter.  Looks like Ervin is more of a scat back being that he's a converted WR and being 5-10 192, it's kinda small for a RB.  Dexter does fit the prototype better.

Dexter might be worth a shot being that he's an unknown (meaning that it doesn't mean he can't produce) and he's in one of the best offenses in the league.  He could very well get goal line carries.  Ervin might do decent in full PPR, but he's been in the league for several years, i wouldn't expect a high ceiling.  I would expect around 6-7 points for Ervin in full PPR to be his floor.  He'll need to break a long TD to be relevant.  

Rodgers throws a lot to his RBs. As an owner of Williams in one league and Aaron jones in multiple leagues I know this to be true. I think no Jones, Williams or Dillon means that Rodgers will be throwing a whole lot, and I expect Ervin to be in there for most of the snaps. I like his chances at 5-6 targets and he could turn that into some production for a desperation play at flex/RB if you are in a deep league and dealing with byes/injuries. I'd lean Ervin. That said, Dexter might get a few carries and might be the one getting a run at the goal line. I think it will be Aaron Rodgers SZN tomorrow.

NFL Network's Peter Schrager said Packers RB Tyler Ervin is expected to get "the bulk" of the team's rushing workload Thursday night. 

Man..... I really don't need info like this cuz then it makes me want to Flex him

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, JohnD said:

NFL Network's Peter Schrager said Packers RB Tyler Ervin is expected to get "the bulk" of the team's rushing workload Thursday night. 

Man..... I really don't need info like this cuz then it makes me want to Flex him

SAME

4 minutes ago, JohnD said:

me overthinking Harris vs Jets or Ervin in crappy Thursday night game sucker play

Just now, Brettg57 said:

Is Dexter Williams activated? I ask because he’s still showing Inactive on yahoo.

My understanding is they can do this up until inactives are announced. Either way he will be activated I mean even with a heathy  Jones, Williams and even Dillion got carries 

I'd love to have the stones to play this scatback, but I think if you're looking for a pass catching back tonight, hopefully McKinnon is available in your league and is the likely better option.  If Jones does come back tonight even in a limited role, it's going to make it even more messy here.

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

I'd love to have the stones to play this scatback, but I think if you're looking for a pass catching back tonight, hopefully McKinnon is available in your league and is the likely better option.  If Jones does come back tonight even in a limited role, it's going to make it even more messy here.

Lol McKinnon is 77% owned in leagues. If your in a competitive league there are no rbs available especially this week.