NBC Sports Edge Forums

Blockbuster. WHIR CMC Julio Davante

Ok guys here is my conundrum. I'm trying to formulate an offer. My league is 10 team, 1 ppr, dynasty keep everyone forever. I'm sitting 5th and have a deep team. Wanting to change it up a little. Please help me put together an offer, either to get Adams or CMC or both. Will help in return as much as possible. I'll list the teams below, the number designates starting roster slots:

His team:

QB (1) - Ben Roethlisberger

RB (1) - CMC

WR (1) - Davante Adams

TE (1) - Jimmy Graham

FLEX (4) - Melvin Gordon III, John Brown, Robert Woods, Curtis Samuel

D/ST - Buccaneers

Bench - Malcolm Brown, Jamison Crowder, Kyler Murray, Matt Ryan, Mike Davis, Broncos, Chiefs

My Team:

QB (1) - Deshaun Watson

RB (1) - Kamara

WR (1) - Julio Jones

TE (1) - Mark Andrews

FLEX (4) - Keenan Allen, James Conner, James Robinson, Miles Gaskin

D/ST - Patriots

Bench - Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Latavius Murray, Dallas Goedert, Tua Tagavailoa, Bills

Ok so what would you do? Sit tight? Go after Adams? Go after CMC? Go after both? WHIR as much as possible

My initial thought was to offer a blockbuster:

Julio, McLaurin, AJ Brown, Conner for CMC and Adams

Is that enough or too much? Any other ideas? He clearly has a thin team and since its dynasty would like to move on from Julio while I can.

37 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

J.Jones / Taylor / McLaurin FOR McCaffrey / Adams

He might not accept, but that would be a pretty solid offer. In fact, I'd give him his choice of Taylor, Conner or Robinson. 

Help with mine? 

I doubt the other guy will accept that.  I would say he would need to offer Julio, Conner or Robinson and McLaurin to even have a chance.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I doubt the other guy will accept that.  I would say he would need to offer Julio, Conner or Robinson and McLaurin to even have a chance.

If you reread my post, I'm pretty sure I said that exact same thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As an Adams dynasty owner, I would think long and hard about an AJB/JK Dobbins for Adams offer (if I didn't already have all three lol)

With his roster tho, I don't see how he'd move CMC without Kamara+ coming back.

• Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, JJRules said:

As an Adams dynasty owner, I would think long and hard about an AJB/JK Dobbins for Adams offer (if I didn't already have all three lol)

With his roster tho, I don't see how he'd move CMC without Kamara+ coming back.

You don't think Connor or JRob is a decent RB1 if you're upgrading a bunch of other positions?

@JJRules @sjm76 @jmcampbe11

So are you guys saying the McLaurin, AJ Brown, Conner, and Julio is a bit of an overpay? Not sure what I'm trying to accomplish here. I've never won this league and wanting to mix it up a little bit again. I've turned over my roster already this season adding Watson, Robinson, Gaskin, Taylor, Dobbins, and Tua. 

I figured offering Julio would be good value towards Adams (with his injuries), Adams winning there of course but not by a ton. Then CMC for McLaurin, Conner, ABJ seems like a lot, but makes up the slight difference between Julio and Adams. Am I just way off here? The other owner will be difficult to deal with, so I'm wanting to start things off right here.

1 minute ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

You don't think Connor or JRob is a decent RB1 if you're upgrading a bunch of other positions?

Oh I love me some RB1son, and have him on both my dynasty and redraft rosters. That said, CMC is a top-two or -three dynasty asset, and at 27-years-old Adams is probably just outside the top five. Moving them both for an aging Julio, an injury-plagued Conner, a current RB1 with an unknown future in Robinson, and an excellent McLaurin on a poor offense isn't good business. If you can get the guy to bite then more power to you, but I wouldn't move my Adams and, say, Dalvin Cook for that package.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

@JJRules @sjm76 @jmcampbe11

So are you guys saying the McLaurin, AJ Brown, Conner, and Julio is a bit of an overpay? No, I think it's an underpay if you're trying to get both CMC and Adams

I've turned over my roster already this season adding Watson, Robinson, Gaskin, Taylor, Dobbins, and Tua. These are great additions for the future. Maybe play for next year as these younger guys get more run? 

I figured offering Julio would be good value towards Adams (with his injuries), Adams winning there of course but not by a ton. Then CMC for McLaurin, Conner, ABJ seems like a lot, but makes up the slight difference between Julio and Adams. Am I just way off here? Yes, I think you're way off. Julio isn't particularly close to Adams in dynasty value or in current production. And Conner shouldn't be the only RB return on a deal where the other guy ships off CMC.

If Kamara is off the table, I would want AJB, McLaurin, Robinson, and Dobbins as a starting point for negotiations if you were after my Adams AND CMC. Asking for Julio or Keenan to be included somewhere wouldn't be off-base. He would probably want Goedert coming back as well with Graham being his only TE.

CMC and Adams are huge dynasty assets, and rightfully command high prices.

Edited by JJRules
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, JJRules said:

If Kamara is off the table, I would want AJB, McLaurin, Robinson, and Dobbins as a starting point for negotiations if you were after my Adams AND CMC. Asking for Julio or Keenan to be included somewhere wouldn't be off-base. He would probably want Goedert coming back as well with Graham being his only TE.

Agreed, which is why I'm wanting to get it right and make a good offer.

13 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Agreed, which is why I'm wanting to get it right and make a good offer.

The other guy's roster doesn't have a lot to be excited about and you want his two best players, and I'm not sure it'll be worth giving up what it would take to get them from him.

I would go after one or the other. See if he'd be interested in Julio/Conner, or Julio/JT for Adams. Those are reasonable starting offers and if nothing else should open negotiations.

This would improve your starting lineup to:

Watson
Kamara
Adams
Andrews
Keenan, Robinson, AJB, Conner/Dobbins

You're not starting JT anyway, and he's looked kinda lost out there when he plays. Adams is a huge upgrade to Julio and would raise your weekly floor and ceiling.

And I would flex AJB over Gaskin regardless.

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, JJRules said:

I agree with this. In a up to 3 keeper league I did Julio and cook for cmc right after he got hurt and people still were like wah that’s it? 

So ya for those two I would pretty much tell the guy he can have a blank check of 3/4 guys not named kamara. Since Kamara/CMC/Adams is an absolute nasty trio and whoever you have left over from the trade will fill out the team nicely.

• Thanks 1

@JJRules @jgardner12 @jmcampbe11 @Bandito @DarinB300 so here's what I'm thinking:

Julio, Conner, Robinson, Taylor for CMC and Adams

leaving my team:

QB (1) - Deshaun Watson

RB (1) - Kamara

WR (1) - Adams

TE (1) - Mark Andrews

FLEX (4) - Keenan Allen, CMC, AJ Brown, McLaurin

D/ST - Patriots

Bench - Miles Gaskin, JK Dobbins, Latavius Murray, Dallas Goedert, Tua Tagavailoa, Bills, Zack Moss

Am I thinking correctly here? Too much? Not enough? Am I killing my depth? Increasing my winning chances? 

3 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

@JJRules @jgardner12 @jmcampbe11 @Bandito @DarinB300 so here's what I'm thinking:

Am I thinking correctly here? Too much? Not enough? Am I killing my depth? Increasing my winning chances? 

Any three of those players you're offering are reasonable for ONE of CMC/Adams plus something smallish - maybe a 2021 second or comparable value. I don't think those four are enough for both players tho. Not in dynasty.

It's not insulting tho so I suppose it's worth offering, but I would be surprised if the other guy accepted. Could be a nice opener for negotiations at least.

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

leaving my team:

QB (1) - Deshaun Watson

RB (1) - Kamara

WR (1) - Adams

TE (1) - Mark Andrews

FLEX (4) - Keenan Allen, CMC, AJ Brown, McLaurin

D/ST - Patriots

Bench - Miles Gaskin, JK Dobbins, Latavius Murray, Dallas Goedert, Tua Tagavailoa, Bills, Zack Moss

I would offer it. You do lose some depth, but see about picking up Breida, with Gaskins out. Dobbins & Moss value may be going up, which also helps you. GL!

• Thanks 1

@JJRules @jgardner12 @jmcampbe11 @Bandito @DarinB300

Update:

He has countered with: my Julio, Conner, Robinson, AJ Brown for CMC, Adams, and the Cheifs or TB D/ST

I don't like the chiefs add since their schedule is brutal the rest of the way. Would leave me scrambling for a 4th Flex option if Dobbins, Taylor, Moss, or Gaskin don't workout/come back. The other issue I dislike is CMC's 13 week bye, that's the start of our 2 week playoff rounds. Essentially I'm really hurting the playoff chances in the first round with this move. 

Do you guys just accept this and hope everything works out with a stacked top 4 options?

Do any of you counter with a lesser option than AJ Brown? (I freakin love AJ, possibly could offer McLaurin?)

Do any of you counter and as for Mike Davis and Crowder? Crowder could be that bye week fillin, and Davis as insurance incase CMC goes down again.

Lots of thoughts here, sorry for the rambling. Really need to talk this through with other to make sure I'm not messing it up.

5 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

@JJRules @jgardner12 @jmcampbe11 @Bandito @DarinB300

Update:

He has countered with: my Julio, Conner, Robinson, AJ Brown for CMC, Adams, and the Cheifs or TB D/ST

I don't like the chiefs add since their schedule is brutal the rest of the way. Would leave me scrambling for a 4th Flex option if Dobbins, Taylor, Moss, or Gaskin don't workout/come back. The other issue I dislike is CMC's 13 week bye, that's the start of our 2 week playoff rounds. Essentially I'm really hurting the playoff chances in the first round with this move. 

Do you guys just accept this and hope everything works out with a stacked top 4 options?

Do any of you counter with a lesser option than AJ Brown? (I freakin love AJ, possibly could offer McLaurin?)

Do any of you counter and as for Mike Davis and Crowder? Crowder could be that bye week fillin, and Davis as insurance incase CMC goes down again.

Lots of thoughts here, sorry for the rambling. Really need to talk this through with other to make sure I'm not messing it up.

Decline it. You're giving up 4 solid options for two studs basically. The defenses are negligible and do not matter towards this trade. CMC being on a bye in Week 13 is going to screw you longterm, so you are giving up four options when you'll really need them for Adams in Week 13. That's a bad trade. Severe overpay.

• Thanks 1

So it's basically: 

Conner / J-Rob for CMC

Jones / Brown for Adams

You're losing both parts of the trade on value alone. There's no arguing that point. J-Rob and Conner are both top 5ish backs and Jones, when he plays, has the potential to be just as good as Adams. And other than Metcalf, Brown is arguable the next best young WR in the game. I guess it boils down to whether or you think you have the depth to lose the trade. If you do then I'd pull the trigger since the players you are getting are upgrades. 

For what it's worth I also own Conner and J-Rob and I wouldn't even consider packaging them both for a better RB. I think they're both tremendously underrated. Then again, I don't have much depth at RB. 

• Thanks 1

Man this is tough. Since you’re getting two first round talents to pair with kamara. So you gotta factor that into the premium that already comes with those high end talents.

I would try and swap aj brown for Allen(or terry but he’s four year younger so went with KA due to dynasty) and I guess ask for Davis back too. 

Yes you’re overpaying for the two of them. But no sensible owner is going to let the Kamara owner get cmc and Adams to make a killer dynasty trio(plus you got other good players still) without getting back a King’s ransom.*

*fwiw in my aforementioned keeper I turned down Ridley and Aaron Jones for cmc weeks ago, and told him I would have to think about dk and Jones.(he never offer it tfg so I didn’t have to make that tough choice.)

Edited by jgardner12
On 11/3/2020 at 1:12 PM, Dark Kn19ht said:

Ok guys here is my conundrum. I'm trying to formulate an offer. My league is 10 team, 1 ppr, dynasty keep everyone forever. I'm sitting 5th and have a deep team. Wanting to change it up a little. Please help me put together an offer, either to get Adams or CMC or both. Will help in return as much as possible. I'll list the teams below, the number designates starting roster slots:

His team:

QB (1) - Ben Roethlisberger

RB (1) - CMC

WR (1) - Davante Adams

TE (1) - Jimmy Graham

FLEX (4) - Melvin Gordon III, John Brown, Robert Woods, Curtis Samuel

D/ST - Buccaneers

Bench - Malcolm Brown, Jamison Crowder, Kyler Murray, Matt Ryan, Mike Davis, Broncos, Chiefs

My Team:

QB (1) - Deshaun Watson

RB (1) - Kamara

WR (1) - Julio Jones

TE (1) - Mark Andrews

FLEX (4) - Keenan Allen, James Conner, James Robinson, Miles Gaskin

D/ST - Patriots

Bench - Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Latavius Murray, Dallas Goedert, Tua Tagavailoa, Bills

Ok so what would you do? Sit tight? Go after Adams? Go after CMC? Go after both? WHIR as much as possible

My initial thought was to offer a blockbuster:

Julio, McLaurin, AJ Brown, Conner for CMC and Adams

Is that enough or too much? Any other ideas? He clearly has a thin team and since its dynasty would like to move on from Julio while I can.

You have to understand you are after the #1 RB and WR in fantasy, now and going forward. Unless the other owner is out to help you or is a little dense. You'll have to blow up your team to acquire either. Unless Kamara Jones Andrews Allen McLaurin etc. are on the table. It would be tough for me to deal either one of them. 

Edited by keven
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, keven said:

You have to understand you are after the #1 RB and WR in fantasy, now and going forward. Unless the other owner is out to help you or is a little dense. You'll have to blow up your team to acquire either. Unless Kamara Jones Andrews Allen McLaurin etc. are on the table. It would be tough for me to deal either one of them. 

Currently have an offer from the CMC owner of:

CMC and Adams for my Julio, Conner, AJ Brown, and Robinson