NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mookie Betts 2021 Outlook

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not bad for a guy with a slight frame and a horrible contract and on the precipice of falling off a cliff!

true irony

He seems good 

3 hours ago, En Votto Veritas said:

Mookie's BB% fell in 2020 from 13.7% to 9.8% (and his OBP from .391 to .366); if he can get that back up he has a legitimate chance at 130 runs atop the LAD lineup.

He was pacing 138 runs with this year with the lower OBP, has a great shot to hit it. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2020 at 8:04 PM, itslarry said:

At least the Rsox got beneath the luxury tax, right?

Trading him was 100% the right move. He wasn’t interested in signing an extension and Boston weren’t going to contend in 2020 with him. It really surprises me how many people think that they’re smarter than GM’s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

Already sitting for rest?  This is getting ridiculous, he played two freaking days. MLB is going to baby their players like the NBA does now.  People are just going to stop playing fantasy if this continues. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Already sitting for rest?  This is getting ridiculous, he played two freaking days. MLB is going to baby their players like the NBA does now.  People are just going to stop playing fantasy if this continues. 

When you start a new job, don't you usually take a day off/PTO day on your third day too?

22 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Say what?

Mookie will be in the top 10 in PA.

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, rrrich46 said:

Say what?

Mookie will be in the top 10 in PA.

[...]

[...] This was no indictment on Mookie, but his coaches who baby him.  Take off the training wheels and send him out there.  He played two games in a row.  He's not injured.  PLAY HIM.

Edited by tonycpsu

The coaches/manager decide when he sits. If you're complaining about him sitting, then you're implying it impacts his fantasy value (otherwise why bother mentioning it).

If you have Mookie on your team then don't worry, be happy. 

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1

Really surprised to see him sitting again already. This will be the second game off and we are only on the 7th game of the season. I'm hoping they don't keep up this pattern of sitting every 3rd or 4th game all season. if they do, it will essentially be like he was on the 15-day DL a few times this season.

Such a joke. I'm not sure if Mookie has a say or not, but this league is soft. Guy is a superstar. Should only be resting when needed. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Deke said:

Such a joke. I'm not sure if Mookie has a say or not, but this league is soft. Guy is a superstar. Should only be resting when needed. 

I mean it is LA.  Maybe they change their names to the LA Snowflakes next year.  The word Dodgers may be offensive to someone by next season.

Edited by knifeparty
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, knifeparty said:

I mean it is LA.  Maybe they change their names to the LA Snowflakes next year.  The word Dodgers may be offensive to someone by next season.

Defining World Champion Los Angeles Snowflakes to you 

• Like 1
On 4/7/2021 at 9:10 PM, summersoff7 said:

Welcome to the NBA...I mean MLB where players sit to get pedicures in the clubhouse by the medical staff when they should be out in the field.

Mookie has the best-looking toe-nails in the majors.

• Like 1