NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mookie Betts 2021 Outlook

There’s 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰 reasons why they baby the players nowadays. They’d rather rest the players a couple days than run them out ever day risking injury.

I mean, look at Aaron Judge. He’s already sore because of his “workload” of seven games.😂

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not bad for a guy with a slight frame and a horrible contract and on the precipice of falling off a cliff!

true irony

This is a fantasy forum but when people start complaining about real life contract $$$ (in a non salary cap league), real life performance becomes relevant. Mookie is definitely disappointing in

2 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

There’s 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰 reasons why they baby the players nowadays. They’d rather rest the players a couple days than run them out ever day risking injury.

I mean, look at Aaron Judge. He’s already sore because of his “workload” of seven games.😂

It's a long run out to right field and back.

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, billofwash said:

It's a long run out to right field and back.

Could chip a toenail on that run.

Mookie will miss his 4th game in a row tomarrow. Then all us owners in weekly lgs Get to deciede to bench him or play him next week . They don't play monday so we don't get to see a line up before the deadline yeppie!!!

I am starting in my weekly....u figure if he's out Tuesday they put him on the IL....I guess depends on your league rules....mine allows me to bench players midweek due to IL

Edited by TheJuggernautBTCH
18 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

It sucks, especially for weeklies, but you always start your studs until otherwise noted.

They are not studs if they ain't playin. 

56 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

mks, you can multi-quote in a single post.  Just click on the "+" instead of the "Quote."

Back stiffness this long is worrisome.  Don't want to hear any back stuff for a player.

I got a bad back too  I know you can;t move if it acts up. BUT the thing that erks me about this is how they calmly said Thursday that he be back in the Lineup Friday and then he misses all 3 weekend games and counting.  He has sat a few games already this year and those earlier REST days just may have acctually been this back issue but we don't know whats the true seriousness of this is.

is it possible that Mookie can play 3 games in a row considering it's against their main divisional opponent?

or will he continue to play 2, take a day off ... play 2 and take a day off ... quite a gig

Yup hit in the wrist yesterday.  He's been a killer in weekly leagues.  With the routine days off and now the few injuries, he's producing very little (certainly not top 5 overall pick).  Still early but not enjoying this trend at all.  

11 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Yup hit in the wrist yesterday.  He's been a killer in weekly leagues.  With the routine days off and now the few injuries, he's producing very little (certainly not top 5 overall pick).  Still early but not enjoying this trend at all.  

he had a back issue early on, it wasn't a routine day off. But yes, if you drafted Mookie in round 1, you're having a rough first 3 weeks of the season from your first pick. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

he had a back issue early on, it wasn't a routine day off. But yes, if you drafted Mookie in round 1, you're having a rough first 3 weeks of the season from your first pick. 

Acuna Betts Yelich Tatis Soto Turner all 1st round bats have missed time already due to injuries or the Covid. If you got Trout at 5th or 6th pick you are happy 

34 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Trout missed a bit of time too, due to covid. Cancelled games.

Yes totally forgot he missed a few too

Took one off the elbow last night against Darvish, but stayed in and stole second immediately after. This comes the day after Mike Trout took one in the same spot against Javier, but Trout has missed two straight days now. With the Dodgers losing McKinstry to the DL and Taylor having back spasms, they are somewhat banged up, and it will be telling if they finally let Mookie loose in the next few weeks. No one is concerned over the slow start, just the limited usage is alarming. Even with a few injuries the Dodgers are insanely deep and it's hard to say "they need him to take off" because they clearly don't. I'll be watching him closely in the days ahead. 

• Like 1

My loyalty to Mookie is probably going to cost me dearly. Taking him #1 while Tatis and Acuña are playing like the studs they are hurts a bit. I’m not worried about Mookie but it does feel like he’s not getting the freedom to let loose 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Deke said:

My loyalty to Mookie is probably going to cost me dearly. Taking him #1 while Tatis and Acuña are playing like the studs they are hurts a bit. I’m not worried about Mookie but it does feel like he’s not getting the freedom to let loose 

Betts CF

Verdugo LF

JD Martinez Dh

Bogaerts ss

Devers 3b

Vazquez C

Cordero/ Renfroe RF

Hernadez 2b

Dalbac 1b

Can you image the runs they would score if Boston re-signed Betts

Edited by mks
6 hours ago, mks said:

Betts CF

Verdugo LF

JD Martinez Dh

Bogaerts ss

Devers 3b

Vazquez C

Cordero/ Renfroe RF

Hernadez 2b

Dalbac 1b

Can you image the runs they would score if Boston re-signed Betts

Without trading both Betts and Price how did they get Verdugo?

• Like 1