NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mookie Betts 2021 Outlook

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Deke said:

Bust if you took him top 3

A little early wouldn't you say?  I mean I took him at 4 over Trout and I am kicking myself a little but I am in no way ready to say "Yup he sucks".  He has been frustrating but I would bet there are better days ahead barring injury.  

Edited by knifeparty
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not bad for a guy with a slight frame and a horrible contract and on the precipice of falling off a cliff!

true irony

This is a fantasy forum but when people start complaining about real life contract $$$ (in a non salary cap league), real life performance becomes relevant. Mookie is definitely disappointing in

1 hour ago, knifeparty said:

A little early wouldn't you say?  I mean I took him at 4 over Trout and I am kicking myself a little but I am in no way ready to say "Yup he sucks".  He has been frustrating but I would bet there are better days ahead barring injury.  

This happens in this thread every year. If you look at his splits, April is one of his slowest months. But fantasy baseball managers get antsy and they come here and call him a bust, then look foolish at the end of the season.

If anyone is willing to trade, when generally he’d be untradeable, go get him now. 

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, knifeparty said:

That's why I specified top 3. I don't think he sucks or will finish with an awful season, but he definitely won't put up top 3 numbers, and probably not even first round numbers. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 9:04 PM, Deke said:

That's why I specified top 3. I don't think he sucks or will finish with an awful season, but he definitely won't put up top 3 numbers, and probably not even first round numbers. 

I'm hoping for like 6th round numbers at this point.

Someone mentioned this is another forum.

His only outstanding season was the year the RS won the WS and there were rumors of sign stealing.  Just saying.

2 minutes ago, B&F said:

His only outstanding season was the year the RS won the WS and there were rumors of sign stealing.  Just saying.

But with Betts, you know the floor is pretty much a guaranteed 20/20 season with good average and prime lineup position for an elite hitting squad.  You're paying for someone who you can set and forget and know that he's guaranteed to perform.  Unfortunately, this is the year where he's just not performing.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2021 at 8:29 AM, B&F said:

i was coming in here to bash mookie and say something similar like this is why we were worried about his adp the last couple years because he has done this before in 2017 but in reality hes only had one "down" year in 2017 and finished 26 overall according to baseballmonster.

last 5 year 5x5 total rank 8, 15, 3, 26, 1.

i didnt get an early rd pick this year in any league so i dont have to kick my self for taking mookie over acuna tatis cole ect.

last 5 year 5x5 total rank 8, 15, 3, 26, 1.

edit- link https://baseballmonster.com/PlayerInfo.aspx?i=9075

Edited by colepenhagen
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Dave Roberts said Mookie Busts will get tomorrow off to “recalibrate.”

LMAO!!! I was thinking to myself last night when I seen the box score "I bet they give him a day off this weekend".  Man you can't make this stuff up.  He should be well rested already since he's only been on base like 5 times all week.

Edited by knifeparty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
29 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Dave Roberts said Mookie Busts will get tomorrow off to “recalibrate.”

amazing.

He’s just a black hole in our lineups right now.  No power, no steals, no hits, lots of Ks.  I say we all collectively bench him next week (assuming he does nothing tomorrow when he returns-  safe assumption there).  That will undoubtedly turn him back into Mookie of old.

• Like 2

Imagine being paid $365 million for your job but needing to take a sick day because some pollen has made your eyes itchy.

yes, I’m bitter.

• Like 1

Ok now this is just getting ridiculous.  I mean my allergies have been brutal today.  Absolutely brutal.  I'm pretty sure I could still hit a fast pitch softball.  Mookie is a professional baseball player.  He should be able to go out there and hit a 95 MPH fastball with some watery eyes.  Take a damn Benadryl - you should be awake long enough to get through the game.    

• Haha 1