NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mookie Betts 2021 Outlook

16 minutes ago, tonywow said:

If any of you are first time owners he's always been rather streaky. He's not always going to be a big help in weekly leagues, that's just how sporadic his production tends to be. I'll admit I haven't followed him this season, but everything I'm reading in the thread sounds exactly like what has been said in seasons past. In the end he should have fairly respectable numbers, but he will certainly have many weeks of FA level contributions with some hot streaks here and there. 

He’s been a** cheeks all year long. I’ve had mookie before, this is just straight up trash production. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not bad for a guy with a slight frame and a horrible contract and on the precipice of falling off a cliff!

true irony

LMAO!!! I was thinking to myself last night when I seen the box score "I bet they give him a day off this weekend".  Man you can't make this stuff up.  He should be well rested already since he's only

6 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

In their defense, he did help them win a World Series.  That alone makes it worth it, right?

You know... it was a Mickey Mouse ring though in a weird season. I know it counted but it felt kinda weird when it happened. I don’t think he was worth the contract but I hope he and Bellinger get it turned around 

6 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

In their defense, he did help them win a World Series.  That alone makes it worth it, right?

Yes, and forever will. Even if they were the worst team in the league every year for the duration (which they won't). 

They would have won whether or not they gave him the contract though. It wasn't a FA signing but more of a contract extension unless you feel he played better after signing. In which his poor start could be blamed on him signing and getting paid.

All of these mega contracts are regrettable well before they end.  We can probably count on one hand how many of these mega deals haven't become albatrosses.  So many teams end up paying to get rid of the money left on them, or simply cut bait before they end.  With the obvious history surrounding them it's mind boggling why teams keep inking guys to such awful deals.  That said, Betts is in his prime and will be himself before long.  He's too good, and too young, to keep playing mediocre ball.  I'd be looking to buy if you think his owner is at all frustrated and willing to move him. 

16 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

All of these mega contracts are regrettable well before they end.  We can probably count on one hand how many of these mega deals haven't become albatrosses.  So many teams end up paying to get rid of the money left on them, or simply cut bait before they end.  With the obvious history surrounding them it's mind boggling why teams keep inking guys to such awful deals.  That said, Betts is in his prime and will be himself before long.  He's too good, and too young, to keep playing mediocre ball.  I'd be looking to buy if you think his owner is at all frustrated and willing to move him. 

Makes you think why teams have not learned from the past and not given any years past age 37 . Why the hell you want to be on the hook for 30 million a yr on a age 38-42 player? Makes 0 sense to me .

• Like 1
4 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

It's really hard for people to comprehend that you pay for the prime years knowing that you get bad years on the end.  The goal of a baseball team isn't to maximize every player getting what they produce in a given year, it's to win games and ultimately a championship. 

Or some people feel he will never be as good as he was in age 23, 24, 25 year seasons, and to me those are the most valuable year of a players lifespan or prime years. (Age 22-27). He was past his prime years really when they signed him to this deal 

hes 28 now. Do you think they gave him $300+ million for his age 27, 28, and 29 year old seasons, or that those are prime years in baseball? 

Them running into a title isn’t the magical bail out for him not being a $300 M player. 

Edited by mevins31