NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who Won this Trade? WHIR %100

12 Team PPR

Yesterday a couple owners in my league made a trade: Kyler Murray for Josh Allen and Brandin Cooks

I thought the team that traded away Murray in my words "got ****** cause he could've traded for a running back and instead got Cooks and Josh Allen who goes on bye week 11. 

Here's their current Rosters after the trade. 

Murray Trader: (4-4)

QBs: Josh Allen, Matt Stafford 

WRs: Sterling Shepard, Brandin Cooks, Brandon Aiyuk, Cooper Kupp, Anthony Miller

Rbs: CEH, Aaron Jones, Damien Harris, Joshua Kelley 

TE: Robert Tonyan, Zach Ertz 

Murray Receiver: (2-6)

QB: Kyler Murray 

WRs: Stefon Diggs, Tyler Lockett, Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Christian Kirk, Deebo Samuekl

RBs: Devin Singletary, Chris Carson, Miles Sanders, Jordan Wilkins, DeeJay Dallas

TEs: Noah Fant, Jared Cook

Anyway, was I wrong? Did the team that traded Murray get screwed?

Edited by FrankGoresLeftHand

I don't particularly care for the trade, but I wouldn't necessarily classify it as "screwed".

Although Murray is superior, Josh Allen is pretty good as well (although his last few games leave a little to be desired...)

I think Cooks is WR3 at best, but the guy who got him has a pretty lousy receiver corps to start with.

Aiyuk has a bye coming up, Kupp is on a bye now (I don't know about the other guys) so he is getting a fill-in for those.

In a vacuum, I don't like the trade, but maybe it worked for him in his situation.  And just because I don't particularly like it does not mean that it is overly lopsided.  Basically the guy got a WR3 for the difference in capabilities between two good QBs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, fbi314159 said:

I don't particularly care for the trade, but I wouldn't necessarily classify it as "screwed".

Although Murray is superior, Josh Allen is pretty good as well (although his last few games leave a little to be desired...)

I think Cooks is WR3 at best, but the guy who got him has a pretty lousy receiver corps to start with.

Aiyuk has a bye coming up, Kupp is on a bye now (I don't know about the other guys) so he is getting a fill-in for those.

In a vacuum, I don't like the trade, but maybe it worked for him in his situation.  And just because I don't particularly like it does not mean that it is overly lopsided.  Basically the guy got a WR3 for the difference in capabilities between two good QBs.

Thanks for taking the time with a nice write up.

So...I cant be too judgmental here because I just got Murray for an absolute steal...Burrow/Hasty for Murray. I know, I know...I struck when he was scrambling for a QB fill-in and Hasty was given the nod. 

With that said...I wouldnt say the guy got screwed.  Just because I dont love the trade, it doesnt mean that guy doesnt see the need/value in what he was receiving. 

5 hours ago, fbi314159 said:

Five paragraphs. Five points. And I agree with all of them.