NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. 2021 Outlook

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two months ago you wrote "he’s just a fat exciting name who hits the ball on the ground" which is exactly the type of insinuation of which you speak.  

Yeah I think he will be part of the spoiled kids in baseball that don’t amount to much like Cal Ripken Jr, Ken Griffey Jr, Tony Gwynn, Barry Bonds...

Posted Images

2 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

kind of an arbitrary stat, cutting off at 23 years old, but still.. point is, he’s very good. 

It's honestly more impressive to say he's 5th overall with an OPS+ of 185 (before tonight). 

image.png.0a4bbe1c269faed7d5f48470b9f365bf.png

• Like 2

I am sure the people who were dead wrong about him will show up to admit that.

Im.  So sure...just gotta keep waiting...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Prime Prince Fielder with a higher BA

On 3/18/2021 at 6:44 PM, Gryfter said:

Wow, you guys are really selling him short. When I grabbed Vladito in my keeper league years ago, I said to myself: Miguel Cabrera 2.0 Yes, he will be my Cabrera replacement.

.348 / .442 / .636 / 1.078 with 44 HRs, arguably Cabrera's better MVP season in 2013.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Anybody taking the over on 40+ jacks this season?

If it weren’t for worrying about you endurance and many players tiring in the second half because of not playing much last year then I would have taken it.

On 5/16/2021 at 5:15 PM, jfazz23 said:

ya i was wrong about him.  easy 1st rounder....mid 1st round next year?

6 hours ago, BMcP said:

Im.  So sure...just gotta keep waiting...

already did :)

6 hours ago, BMcP said:

Gotta wait for that 0-4 to pop in and remind you of his pace 2 years ago as a 20 year old in half a season in the majors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Gotta wait for that 0-4 to pop in and remind you of his pace 2 years ago as a 20 year old in half a season in the majors.

imagine if vlad and adolis somehow got pregnant like in that arnold schwarzenegger / danny devito movie????

I think most of us never questioned the talent. Just the work ethic. Which we had every right to do. He had one of the sloppier bodies on a young man. Hopefully he sticks with the new found transformation. I say this a a heavily invested owner.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Fielder1831 said:

I think most of us never questioned the talent. Just the work ethic. Which we had every right to do. He had one of the sloppier bodies on a young man. Hopefully he sticks with the new found transformation. I say this a a heavily invested owner.

I see what you did there....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Fielder1831 said:

Username checks out. 

• Haha 2