NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. 2021 Outlook

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two months ago you wrote "he’s just a fat exciting name who hits the ball on the ground" which is exactly the type of insinuation of which you speak.  

Yeah I think he will be part of the spoiled kids in baseball that don’t amount to much like Cal Ripken Jr, Ken Griffey Jr, Tony Gwynn, Barry Bonds...

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bradwatson said:

He hits a lot of groundball home runs.

What does this even mean? Something about exit velo? It's an oxymoron so I don't think you're conveying the joke well enough.

Edited by Richard Kimble
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

What does this even mean? Something about exit velo? It's an oxymoron so I don't think you're conveying the joke well enough.

Just referencing the people who said he wouldn't be good because he hit too many ground balls.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

We exist in this thread for two reasons. We love Vladdy and we like to make sure @mevins31 knows he's wrong. 

On 3/17/2021 at 2:02 AM, mevins31 said:

He is actually easily one of my favorite players for multiple reasons. My friend works for the blue jays and said he really likes him but he has a sense of entitlement if you want to know the truth and that’s as far as I’ll go. 

I probably own about $10,000 worth of his cards which is a secondary reason I hope he goes off. But objectively I won’t lie, he’s not a kid who played his way off an island, he is the son of a big leaguer and I don’t know if the hunger is there or not. But he’s got my support because he can popularize the game in three countries and be great for the sport. 

You sure treat your favorite players like ****. Oh, and those aren't reasons to like a player. 🤣 

On 5/13/2021 at 3:25 PM, mevins31 said:

Look at May though. He’s collapsing. 

On 5/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, mevins31 said:

He could easily still go .275/25 .850 OPS or .810

I don’t think at 22 anyone will say he isn’t “good” as it’s clear he is a good hitter, good not being proven great or generational yet. I think some prematurely acting like he is one of the best in the game are taking a victory lap too early. His May numbers and under the hood are going the wrong direction 

image.png.c490eb9190164460d8e1bcce1aae40e7.png

Did someone say...."one of the best in the game"? You were a tad off.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, collucho said:

We exist in this thread for two reasons. We love Vladdy and we like to make sure @mevins31 knows he's wrong. 

That much I was able to ascertain, so apologies if some of the context of dunking on him all the time was a bit lost on me. I do despise oxymorons and the phrase "groundball homeruns" makes me want to 🤢. Anyway, I have tickets for an upcoming game here in Buffalo against the 'Stros. Decided against my initial plan to go as a big silver metal garbage can b/c I'm not gonna paint myself silver in the middle of summer, so I was planning instead on wearing a big dreadlock wig in support of Vlad and Dolis. I'll be sure to post the pic on here when I do. 

• Like 1
On 5/22/2021 at 12:08 AM, EmbargoLifted said:

another multi homerun game...

.330 / 120 / 40 / 120 / 5 in the 4th+ round could be a league winner.

It’s crazy that so many people were down on him and allowed him to fall to that point in drafts.

Because he wasn’t an MVP candidate as a 20 and 21 year old, people jumped off the train. Crazy.

6 minutes ago, 20Duval904 said:

It’s crazy that so many people were down on him and allowed him to fall to that point in drafts.

Because he wasn’t an MVP candidate as a 20 and 21 year old, people jumped off the train. Crazy.

I don’t blame people for not taking him that high in redrafts still. Kudos to those that did, it was a risk that paid off seemingly. Lots of ways to win a league than taking someone unproven in round 4. It’s the people who wrote him off entirely that I question. But yeah his ADP looks silly at the moment. 

Posted (edited)

yea everyone new this was a possible outcome as soon as this year but still risky in the 4th.

the vets like castellanos and jd martinez are the real steals a couple rds after vlad that looked more appealing or atleast better shot to return value on adp. but you could of got both.

Edited by colepenhagen

I think we need to temper expectations for when the Jays move their home games to buffalo. The park they are playing in now is a crazy hitters park, and his home/road splits are pretty drastic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Theschill38 said:

I think we need to temper expectations for when the Jays move their home games to buffalo. The park they are playing in now is a crazy hitters park, and his home/road splits are pretty drastic.

Not so fast. Look at his splits for Buffalo last year. He crushed it there too - all while still being the fat ground ball guy. 

• Haha 1

I can now go to my rest happy that I’ve seen it all.

I’m even excited about Vlad, Junior, this season.

• Like 3