NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. 2021 Outlook

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mevins31 said:

325 ft down the line to the pole in left in Buffalo. LOL. This s going to be a blood bath in the best kind of way. Vladdy hit .410 with 11  dongs in 21 games this season at the temp park, so imagine what he’s gonna do in Buffalo’s miniature stadium. Man this is gonna be fun. 

And it keeps getting better too. Because up to this point, the Jays have had 28 road dates compared to only 21 temp home dates. So that means 60 games remaining for Vlad and the robust Blue Jays lineup in a ballpark where it’s 325 down the line to Vladdy’s pull side.

With that 325 porch in left and the tendency for Vladdy daddy bang-bang (I dunno, just go with it) to hit them 115 MPH line drive lasers, what ya’ll have the over/under pegged for at as to exactly just how many additional jacks Vlad stands to tack onto his season total once all 162 are in the books?

Personally, I have it at 31.

Which means, when crunching the numbers, when you add on them 31 dead-pull 115 MPH liners that now get to become home runs, to the 49 regular bombs that Vlad’s hitting anyway....carry the 1, drag the 2....ah, there it is. 80. 

Wait, EIGHTY?!  Wait a sec, that can’t be right. Can it? Lemme double check my addition here. Hang on......

DAMN. Yeah, same number again, 80. So I guess that figure is correct after all.

So there ya have it fellas. 80 home runs this season for Vlad Guerrero Jr. in 2021

And while, technically, 80 homers isn’t even a home run every other game, it’s pretty damn close. And even if that figure falls short of a full home run every other ball game, 80 home runs in a single season season...that’s solid AF any way you shake it. Highly rosterable at the very least. He should be owned in all leagues. 

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two months ago you wrote "he’s just a fat exciting name who hits the ball on the ground" which is exactly the type of insinuation of which you speak.  

Yeah I think he will be part of the spoiled kids in baseball that don’t amount to much like Cal Ripken Jr, Ken Griffey Jr, Tony Gwynn, Barry Bonds...

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

So there ya have it fellas. 80 home runs this season for Vlad Guerrero Jr. in 2021

Whatcha been smokin' and where can I get some?? 😉 💨

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

On pace for peak Vlad Sr numbers.

SR would have thrown in 30 steals tho

but barring major injuries to Acuna and Tatis...i think u gotta take vlad jr 3rd overall next year

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

SR would have thrown in 30 steals tho

but barring major injuries to Acuna and Tatis...i think u gotta take vlad jr 3rd overall next year

Soto? Hello? Lol

Just now, Fbaseballgod said:

Soto? Hello? Lol

i mean maybe....but as of right now, Vlad is filet mignon and Soto is Rump Roast

(i own soto)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

i mean maybe....but as of right now, Vlad is filet mignon and Soto is Rump Roast

(i own soto)

This is funny- Soto is not a "Rump Roast" compared to ANY player in MLB right now.  Let's at LEAST see what Vlad's first "breakout" season plays out to be before using a 40 game sample to compare vs a guy who has 1200abs at 950+ OPS. 

• Like 1
On 6/6/2021 at 1:11 PM, Overlord said:

He's got a motor in the back of his Honda.

Seriously couldn't have put it better.

I think if he wanted to he could probably swipe 10 bags. It's just a hard fact that base running in baseball's current state has become such a lost art. (Speaking of, I cringe when most batters try to bunt... ugh.)

• Like 1
On 5/28/2021 at 4:12 PM, Chest-Rockwell said:

325 ft down the line to the pole in left in Buffalo. LOL. This s going to be a blood bath in the best kind of way. Vladdy hit .410 with 11  dongs in 21 games this season at the temp park, so imagine what he’s gonna do in Buffalo’s miniature stadium. Man this is gonna be fun. 

And it keeps getting better too. Because up to this point, the Jays have had 28 road dates compared to only 21 temp home dates. So that means 60 games remaining for Vlad and the robust Blue Jays lineup in a ballpark where it’s 325 down the line to Vladdy’s pull side.

With that 325 porch in left and the tendency for Vladdy daddy bang-bang (I dunno, just go with it) to hit them 115 MPH line drive lasers, what ya’ll have the over/under pegged for at as to exactly just how many additional jacks Vlad stands to tack onto his season total once all 162 are in the books?

Which means, when crunching the numbers, when you add on them 31 dead-pull 115 MPH liners that now get to become home runs, to the 49 regular bombs that Vlad’s hitting anyway....carry the 1, drag the 2....ah, there it is. 80. 

Wait, EIGHTY?!  Wait a sec, that can’t be right. Can it? Lemme double check my addition here. Hang on......

And while, technically, 80 homers isn’t even a home run every other game, it’s pretty damn close. And even if that figure falls short of a full home run every other ball game, 80 home runs in a single season season...that’s solid AF any way you shake it. Highly rosterable at the very least. He should be owned in all leagues. 

I've been so intrigued why he is crushing like never before, and I totally forgot he is playing in a minor league park..now it makes sense. HUGE asterisk if the owner in my league wins, he has Vladdy and is slightly ahead of me

• Haha 3
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Redphan said:

I've been so intrigued why he is crushing like never before, and I totally forgot he is playing in a minor league park..now it makes sense. HUGE asterisk if the owner in my league wins, he has Vladdy and is slightly ahead of me

"Like never before" - he's 22, playing at an elite level & has seen less than 900 ML at-bats (again... at the age of 22).  Yes - the splits show he's been stronger at home.  However, you're delusional to think that a talent like HIM can't keep this up at Buffalo, Toronto or wherever he may play & it only "makes sense" that he's hitting as he is because he's playing at Buffalo.

What kind of pompous statement as well that if the guy in front of you wins he gets a "huge asterisk" because one player - who undoubtedly was drafted high (ADP in the low 50s - which I thought was far too low)  - is having a superb year & helping that owner lead your league?  Newsflash:  That owner won't care if you decide to put an asterisk next to his championship if a generational/elite talent leads him to a championship.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, Redphan said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 4
Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2021 at 3:12 PM, Chest-Rockwell said:

1. Yankee Stadium and its 318 ft down the left field pole & 314 ft down the right field pole 

2. Fenway Park and its 310 ft down the left field pole & 302 ft down the right field pole

3. Minute Maid Park & its 315 ft down the left field pole

4. PNC Park and its 325 ft down the left field pole

5. Citizens Bank Park and its 329 ft down the left field pole

6. Petco Park and its 334 ft down the left field pole

7. Globe Life Field and its 329 ft down the left field pole

8. Chase Field and its 330 ft down the left field pole

.... oh heck you get my point - they all called & said hello.  Note:  Vlad isn't hitting like this directly because of the park he plays in - it's a terrible hill to die on to argue that & people truthfully arguing this on this thread just make it that much harder to get through this kind of drivel to get to something interesting to read.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, Redphan said:

You should also discount any wind-aided homeruns in your league. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1