NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. 2021 Outlook

2 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

You should also discount any wind-aided homeruns in your league. 

and have a league wide gentlemen's agreement to not own any rockies hitters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two months ago you wrote "he’s just a fat exciting name who hits the ball on the ground" which is exactly the type of insinuation of which you speak.  

Yeah I think he will be part of the spoiled kids in baseball that don’t amount to much like Cal Ripken Jr, Ken Griffey Jr, Tony Gwynn, Barry Bonds...

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Homer and steal for the combo meal.

awesome stuff today

Welcome - the water is warm here

• Haha 2

Who was the youngest Triple Crown winner.  Googled it and could not find it.

17 minutes ago, B&F said:

Who was the youngest Triple Crown winner.  Googled it and could not find it.

The first hitter to ever win it, Paul Hines. He was 23. Let's hope Vladito wins it and makes history. 

• Like 1

Obviously the kid plays fantasy, and sees himself 3rd on ESPN player rater in spite of it all. This matters more to him than yesteryear’s so-called triple crown.  A bong hit, 1/2 an Enchirito and a little number crunching reveals that six SB to date, matching Jose Ramirez’s total, would have him on top.

Motivation. Late night sprint plyometrics followed by light cardio and a quick purge of whatever was left of that Taco Bell have him sleeping like a baby. Next morning he asks for and gets the permanent green light on the base paths. (Who can say no to the sincerity of those soft eyes that get everything handed to him?) Inevitable result: double figure SB that nobody saw coming from the “rich fat kid.” You heard it here first.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, C_McGillicuddy said:

Obviously the kid plays fantasy, and sees himself 3rd on ESPN player rater in spite of it all. This matters more to him than yesteryear’s so-called triple crown.  A bong hit, 1/2 an Enchirito and a little number crunching reveals that six SB to date, matching Jose Ramirez’s total, would have him on top.

Motivation. Late night sprint plyometrics followed by light cardio and a quick purge of whatever was left of that Taco Bell have him sleeping like a baby. Next morning he asks for and gets the permanent green light on the base paths. (Who can say no to the sincerity of those soft eyes that get everything handed to him?) Inevitable result: double figure SB that nobody saw coming from the “rich fat kid.” You heard it here first.

I would put the over under all year at 3.5 right now. It’s gotta be somewhere that you can get a line on it 

4 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

# 1 overall pick next year (just ahead of Castellanos).  Silly what this kid is doing.

He'll never sniff #1 overall due to the lack of speed.

Prime Pujols/Cabrera was always the ceiling with him and he's making good on those lofty expectations. Fun to see an elite talent finally fully realizing their potential.

1 hour ago, TheForearmShiver said:

In Points leagues there will be a case made for it. 

This is especially true because he has better plate discipline than guys like Acuna and Tatis. I would argue that he is a better pure hitter than both of them. He's certainly more patient at the plate than Tatis and he makes more contact than either of them. Soto isn't as hot right now, but he is another guy that is right up there with Vlad. Overall, I think Vladito is a top 2-3 pick in points leagues and a top 5 pick in standard 5x5 leagues.

7 hours ago, absknicks said:

He'll never sniff #1 overall due to the lack of speed.

Lol relax buddy. You're the kind of person who scoffs at a pitcher who just on the Cy Young because they couldn't also win the MVP. 

I'll gladly take Vlad @ #2, and grab Jonathon Villar at the end of the draft. Lolz

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Well he's the #1 player right now, let alone just sniffing it. So this is already wrong. 

1 minute ago, Fbaseballgod said:

He meant #1 pick in fantasy drafts 

Yes, if you picked him #1 in fantasy drafts this year, you currently have the #1 player. So yes, it's already wrong. He's sniffing it now.  Maybe he doesn't finish here, but unless he has a serious injury, he's probably sniffing it this year.  

3 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Yes, if you picked him #1 in fantasy drafts this year, you currently have the #1 player. So yes, it's already wrong. He's sniffing it now.  Maybe he doesn't finish here, but unless he has a serious injury, he's probably sniffing it this year.  

The fact he’s doing well so far this season does not prove he will sniff being picked #1 in fantasy drafts 7 months from now, as you are alluding.   The guy is not “already wrong” because the only way he would already be wrong is if you could have a time travel machine.   

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

The fact he’s doing well so far this season does not prove he will sniff being picked #1 in fantasy drafts 7 months from now, as you are alluding.   The guy is not “already wrong” because the only way he would already be wrong is if you could have a time travel machine.   

I assumed he meant being the #1 overall player to live up to being #1 in drafts.  Right now he's the #1 player.  Pretty sure he's going in the first round round next year, and probably a high pick.  I guess what you think "sniffing" means is subjective.  But he's as elite as they come right now. Don't know who I'd draft at #1, I don;'t do redraft snake leagues. Soto, Acuna, Tatis, Vlad, Degrom, Trout. Could be a case for all of them by year's end.

Edited by brockpapersizer
4 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I assumed he meant being the #1 overall player to live up to being #1 in drafts.  Right now he's the #1 player.  Pretty sure he's going in the first round round next year, and probably a high pick.  I guess what you think "sniffing" means is subjective.  But he's as elite as they come right now. Don't know who I'd draft at #1, I don;'t do redraft snake leagues. Soto, Acuna, Tatis, Vlad, Degrom, Trout. Could be a case for all of them by year's end.

Ya I agree generally, he’s definitely vaulted himself into the upper echelon if he keeps it up.

When Miguel Cabrera won the triple crown in 2012 with a .330 avg, 44 hrs, 109 runs, and 139 RBIs he was the consensus #1 overall pick in 2013 drafts despite not contributing steals. Both prime Miggy and prime Pujols were usually in the discussion, if not consensus, for the #1 pick. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Vlad ends up with those numbers this year that he goes 1.1 next year and is in that conversation for the next several years.

He will be my #1 player on the board next season taking into account injury risk.