NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. 2021 Outlook

9 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

In Points leagues there will be a case made for it. 

Yes and leagues who count OBP, and slugging ratios. He’s 1 now in those 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two months ago you wrote "he’s just a fat exciting name who hits the ball on the ground" which is exactly the type of insinuation of which you speak.  

Yeah I think he will be part of the spoiled kids in baseball that don’t amount to much like Cal Ripken Jr, Ken Griffey Jr, Tony Gwynn, Barry Bonds...

Posted Images

6 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Well he's the #1 player right now, let alone just sniffing it. So this is already wrong. 

Wrong again, brock.

The discussion was about where he would be picked, not where he's ranked right now. 

Edited by absknicks
  • Haha 2
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Wrong again, brock.

The discussion was about where he would be picked, not where he's ranked right now. 

Not wrong often sadly. The Vlad detractors from the milb thread don’t even post here anymore. I’m still alive and well.

Already acknowled that I misunderstood the comment, either way doesn’t really matter where someone is drafted, it matters where the finish. If nobody wants to draft him at #1 next year and he does what he did this year , not my problem. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Thanks 1

Toronto has been talking about George Springer for months. Imagine if they could add him, what kind of runs they’ll score. More protection for Vlad

1 minute ago, mevins31 said:

Toronto has been talking about George Springer for months. Imagine if they could add him, what kind of runs they’ll score. More protection for Vlad

It's pretty crazy how good of a lineup they have. Also Alejandro Kirk has been hurt and he projects to be one of the top hitting catchers in baseball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think he is on pace for 53 HR, 140 RBI. Would guess the actual lands below it but in a season where offense is down and pitchers are messing with baseballs, sweet Jesus 

5 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Yes and leagues who count OBP, and slugging ratios. He’s 1 now in those 

Ya but what number was he for the first week of May???

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, gregp said:

another home run...

giphy.gif

"Fine, you take him."

Those words will always be etched in my brain.

---

Calling it now, he's hitting 50! (OK, realistically I see him landing on 43-45. But how fun would it be if he chased 50?!)

Edited by nlm
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Checking on on the guys who elected not to keep him this year in their keeper leagues:

800-273-8255 

Help is available. Call anytime, 24/7. You are not alone. Talk to someone now.

• Haha 4

Barely missed a HR yesterday, followed it up with a HR in his last AB. Today he hit a screaming line drive double to spark the key 5-run rally. He hustled down the line on a grounder in the 1st inning, and hustled home to score on the bases loaded grounder that was the key play in the game. Its not simply the results he's putting up, he has fun out there. Like Miggy used to, or Adrian Beltre-he's keeping things light. Whenever they would attempt a pickoff play, Vlad would try to tag the runner in 8 different spots, or fake a hidden ball trick move, just to make the mundane seem interesting.  I'm in total man crush territory at this point🥰

How can you not love this guy (and yes, I did this dance every time he stepped up in the box):

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 6/15/2021 at 9:54 AM, nlm said:

"Fine, you take him."

Those words will always be etched in my brain.

---

Calling it now, he's hitting 50! (OK, realistically I see him landing on 43-45. But how fun would it be if he chased 50?!)

He’s on pace for 50 or so

• 2 weeks later...