NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hopkins vs Keenan Allen ROS WHIR 100%

2 hours ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

Just curious to hear if anyone believes Keenan Allen might outscore Hopkins ROS in PPR?

Might?  Sure, he might. Wouldn’t shock me at all. That said, I’d rather put my money on Hopkins. 

• Like 1

Yes, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Hopkins: 73 targets, 52 receptions, 12.4 yards per reception, 3 TD

Allen: 74 targets, 53 receptions, 10.3 yards per reception, 3 TD

Very similar.  The yards per reception is the big difference.  Hopkins is scoring 0.21 more points per reception ((12.4 - 10.3) / 10).  They both get around the same receptions per game (7.5) which means that Hopkins averages 0.21 * 7.5 = 1.6 points per game more.  This isn't a huge sample size (7 games), but it is a significant difference, and indicates that Hopkins is the superior player to have.

Edited by fbi314159
14 hours ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

Just curious to hear if anyone believes Keenan Allen might outscore Hopkins ROS in PPR? I think this might happen. 

Thanks

It's extremely close. I've been buying up Allen or at least trying to in every league I'm in due to his easy schedule and the volume he's getting. With that said, Hopkins is more consistent. It's very, very close though.