NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Pollard 2020 Outlook

Time for a Pollard thread. Looks like Zeke is out this weekend. Horrible matchup but he should get a massive workload. Have to think in the current RB landscape that puts him at least in the low end RB2 range. Cowboys bye next weekend but I'm equally intrigued with ROS outlooks, if Zeke continues to have issues and Dalton eventually comes back and picks the offense up a bit.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d start Matt Asiada coming in off the street if he was a lock for 20 touches. Fire up Pollard.

How sad that ever since he's entered the league, he's been touted as one of the "league winning handcuffs" should Zeke ever go down.  I'm sure many of us here have owned him once, twice, or too many t

ALL ABOARD TAKE US HOME POLLARD!

Yep, low-end RB2 with Zeke out. Strictly a volume play.

In terms of whether or not he's a hold, I think you'd have to say yes given both Zeke's injury and the very real possibility they shut him down. 

The bigger concern for me is the practice squad RB they promoted. We've seen it time and time again where you hold who is perceived to be the cuff just for some no-names to end up with the job. The practice squad RB's numbers were nothing special at all in college, but he's got size and is an absolute weight room freak. 

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Yep, low-end RB2 with Zeke out. Strictly a volume play.

In terms of whether or not he's a hold, I think you'd have to say yes given both Zeke's injury and the very real possibility they shut him down. 

The bigger concern for me is the practice squad RB they promoted. We've seen it time and time again where you hold who is perceived to be the cuff just for some no-names to end up with the job. The practice squad RB's numbers were nothing special at all in college, but he's got size and is an absolute weight room freak. 

this is a good point, have you seen the SPARQy stuff on the dude they promoted?  Jeez

it is notable in the context of Ezekiel Elliott being a game-time decision for Week 9 with a hamstring injury. Olonilua's promotion is certainly a sign that Zeke might be on the wrong side of questionable. Even if that happens, Olonilua will not be fantasy consideration behind plug-and-play RB2 Tony Pollard. A part-time player in four seasons at TCU, Olonilua (6'3"/232) disappointed at Indy's combine with a 4.66 40 but reportedly clocked a 4.47 during a pro workout in April. That's a terrifying notion given his size and strength combination as the 22-year-old also squats 770 pounds, benches 470, and cleans 475. His career yards per carry dipped in every season (8.1, 5.2, 4.7, 4.0) with the Horned Frogs, but note he was primarily used either from the slot or on short-yardage sub-packages in his last two years.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, brosephd said:

is he a stash going forward or a one week rental. with the bye coming up next week, zeke can be back if this week is minor. they still are in the race with dalton coming back. 

Zeke will play for sure when healthy. Shutting down a healthy star is a myth in fantasy. They are paying him boatloads of money and dallas fans want to see him play. They will not shut him down just because season is lost. Maybe they can bench him last 2 games or so but no way in thr middle of the season

How sad that ever since he's entered the league, he's been touted as one of the "league winning handcuffs" should Zeke ever go down.  I'm sure many of us here have owned him once, twice, or too many times to count over the past years.  Only problem is that Zeke never went down.  And now that he finally goes down?  There's not much of a stampede to get him.  Only 34% rostered in Yahoo.  Dez Bryant is being added more than him.  Sad reflection of how bad Dallas is with their 4th string QB and also unfortunately a bad match-up versus the undefeated Steelers. So ironic that finally his time has come and it's the worst of situations.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I'd be pretty confident he can get 12+ PPR. Don't own any shares but wish I could get him for this week 

I was pretty confident that Zeke could get 12 last week against the Iggles, this is far from a certainty

2 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

I was pretty confident that Zeke could get 12 last week against the Iggles, this is far from a certainty

I understand what you are saying, but Pollard has looked like the better back thos year. Zeke is still a stud, but there is obviously something bothering aside of the O-Line.

With even a below average QB Pollard should be a lock for 10+ in PPR. That said, this QB could be considerably worse than below average. I can understand the gamble of rolling him out there, but it's pretty risky. 

6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

With even a below average QB Pollard should be a lock for 10+ in PPR. That said, this QB could be considerably worse than below average. I can understand the gamble of rolling him out there, but it's pretty risky. 

exactly they are starting and XFL QB...I wouldn't start Zeke if I had options in this situation

4 hours ago, CooL said:

How sad that ever since he's entered the league, he's been touted as one of the "league winning handcuffs" should Zeke ever go down.  I'm sure many of us here have owned him once, twice, or too many times to count over the past years.  Only problem is that Zeke never went down.  And now that he finally goes down?  There's not much of a stampede to get him.  Only 34% rostered in Yahoo.  Dez Bryant is being added more than him.  Sad reflection of how bad Dallas is with their 4th string QB and also unfortunately a bad match-up versus the undefeated Steelers. So ironic that finally his time has come and it's the worst of situations.

^^This^^

7 hours ago, CooL said:

Even better reason to grab him now before it’ll cost later.

Just now, Michael Bluth said:

Can’t start this guy over noon guys without definitive word on zeke. Boo

Probably not, but still a must-hold IMO. If Zeke plays there’s a chance of re-injury (I don’t wish for this, of course).

4 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Probably not, but still a must-hold IMO. If Zeke plays there’s a chance of re-injury (I don’t wish for this, of course).

Just remember though if you hold Pollard, they go on the bye next week so you won’t be able to use him until at least week 11 against Minny. Then they have Washington and Baltimore back to back weeks 12-13.

3 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Just remember though if you hold Pollard, they go on the bye next week so you won’t be able to use him until at least week 11 against Minny. Then they have Washington and Baltimore back to back weeks 12-13.

Yep, the week 11 matchup is nice; the ROS schedule isn’t good, but if Dalton returns and the offense becomes even somewhat functional again, and if Zeke gets hurt (quite a few if’s), Pollard becomes fairly valuable.

If Zeke makes it through today’s game healthy, you can probably drop Pollard.