Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Pollard 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Pollard has definitely had much more zip and burst through the line all season long. Still not many opps or running room, regardless.

It could be beneficial to hold and see what transpires after what should be an interesting game and next few days. Will Zeke show ANY signs of life? Will he quit midgame? Will they 50/50 split to get Pollard more run? Will Pollard outperform Zeke in a real way? If you can afford to hold, I think it's still smart to.

Edited by leebattle
.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d start Matt Asiada coming in off the street if he was a lock for 20 touches. Fire up Pollard.

How sad that ever since he's entered the league, he's been touted as one of the "league winning handcuffs" should Zeke ever go down.  I'm sure many of us here have owned him once, twice, or too many t

ALL ABOARD TAKE US HOME POLLARD!

I'm trying to hold in my deep league where I need RB help, for as long as I can. Something doesn't seem right with Zeke, and it could become a lost season sooner or later for Dallas. Still need an injury or something for Pollard to be startable

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GoBlue41 said:

Any chance that the Cowboys just shut down Zeke for the rest of the season? Might be the only way Pollard becomes a big fantasy asset. 

If I was Jerry Jones I would definitely have a short leash on Zeke and let Pollard get some run. There really is no point at all except for maybe pleasing the fans. But then again the Cowboys could actually still win the division. 

Edited by Tomei7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

If he suffers a major injury sure

Actually it wouldn’t take a major injury to shut down Zeke IMO, it will be all the reason in the world for management to sit him out. I could see a minor ankle or hamstring putting him on ice for ROS, especially if they lose their next 1-2 games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GoBlue41 said:

Any chance that the Cowboys just shut down Zeke for the rest of the season? Might be the only way Pollard becomes a big fantasy asset. 

Definitely a chance, but given Zeke has been terrible without Dak I'm not sure Pollard would fare any better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Definitely a chance, but given Zeke has been terrible without Dak I'm not sure Pollard would fare any better. 

If you didn't draft him and bought cheap he hasn't been super terrible. The game Dak got hurt 23,14,6,8,8 in PPR. If you spent a first rounder then 100% he's been terrible. Really depends what side of that the owner is in. Similar numbers to Damien Harris and some of those owners got him cheap and are pretty happy. Still got some season left too to turn it around some

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked him up just in case...if Zeke is out I think Pollard becomes a solid RB2 with upside against Cincy. It should be one of the few games they actually have a positive gamescript, and Pollard would see the majority of touches. I still would bet on Zeke playing at this point, but it's at least worth thinking about and planning for if you can.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2020/12/09/calf-injury-raises-some-questions-about-ezekiel-elliotts-availability-for-cowboys-bengals/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I picked him up just in case...if Zeke is out I think Pollard becomes a solid RB2 with upside against Cincy. It should be one of the few games they actually have a positive gamescript, and Pollard would see the majority of touches. I still would bet on Zeke playing at this point, but it's at least worth thinking about and planning for if you can.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2020/12/09/calf-injury-raises-some-questions-about-ezekiel-elliotts-availability-for-cowboys-bengals/

 

All depends on how it goes today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pay attention to Zeke this week in practice.  He missed practice yesterday (no big deal, that, for a vet on Wednesday) but he admitted yesterday to the media that the calf is bothering him and Dallas's management may act rationally and just decide to sit their (white elephant) long-term asset one of these days

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I have Pollard stashed because I think there's a decent chance Zeke misses a game down the stretch. I honestly think he could blow up if he got a start and most of the touches. He's looked pretty darn good spelling Elliott. Not sure if it'll be this week but seems like Zeke is inching closer and closer to just finally sitting one out

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 9:00 AM, owenmills said:

Yeah, I have Pollard stashed because I think there's a decent chance Zeke misses a game down the stretch. I honestly think he could blow up if he got a start and most of the touches. He's looked pretty darn good spelling Elliott. Not sure if it'll be this week but seems like Zeke is inching closer and closer to just finally sitting one out

If Zeke misses, I do have a concern that this will be a Mattison situation when Cook got injured. He just did not play well in a bellcow role. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve-O said:

If Zeke misses, I do have a concern that this will be a Mattison situation when Cook got injured. He just did not play well in a bellcow role. 

 

.... and neither did Brian Hill or Booker ...

Pollard can do damage in the pass game, something neither of the above did at all with their opportunities - Pollard is smoover than either of 'em, to boot. 

i get your reservations, especially after being burned (i started both JAGS Matty & Hill the weeks they faltered), but i shan't let that dissuade me here if TP gets the call to wipe up the starters touches ... gotta have a short memory and a thick skin in this magick foosball gig. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

.... and neither did Brian Hill or Booker ...

Pollard can do damage in the pass game, something neither of the above did at all with their opportunities - Pollard is smoover than either of 'em, to boot. 

i get your reservations, especially after being burned (i started both JAGS Matty & Hill the weeks they faltered), but i shan't let that dissuade me here if TP gets the call to wipe up the starters touches ... gotta have a short memory and a thick skin in this magick foosball gig. 

I was on the Hill and Booker train too, so jaded from those plays as well. Didn’t mention them because Matty is as good as it gets from a handcuff perspective. Writing this, I take that back - Mike Davis. Hoping for some of that production, but Pollard’s not built as a bellcow back. A bit scrawny if you ask me, and behind that atrocious o-line...

Edited by Steve-O
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mattison busted as starter and some dude named Salvon Ahmed has done really well. That’s how fantasy football works. As noted Pollard can catch and Dallas D stinks so there’s lots of potential there. I generally just follow the touches and try not to overthink it and if Zeke sits Pollard should get lots of touches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

just checked week 9, which was the last time they called up the ps RB ... was against the Stillers, with my Paisan Dimucci at qb - Zeke 18/58, Pollard 9/57. 

that was right prior to their bye.

Zeke getting 18 carries last time isnt encouraging. What was the injury then?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...