Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Pollard 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Why would it not be an optimal time? Philly is going to score all game against the cowboys. Pollard will have more than enough opportunity for a TD. Philly D pretty good? There ok. Nothing to be afraid of especially for a pass catching RB. Once again if Zeke is out he’s a must start just like last week. 

 

6 receptions for 63 yards while leading Dallas in targets shows he's at least game script proof. Even if Philly continually scored Pollard will have an impact. Plus some draws mixed in for more running room.. guy showed how quick and shifty he is. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling Zeke will play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d start Matt Asiada coming in off the street if he was a lock for 20 touches. Fire up Pollard.

How sad that ever since he's entered the league, he's been touted as one of the "league winning handcuffs" should Zeke ever go down.  I'm sure many of us here have owned him once, twice, or too many t

ALL ABOARD TAKE US HOME POLLARD!

14 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Why would it not be an optimal time? Philly is going to score all game against the cowboys. Pollard will have more than enough opportunity for a TD. Philly D pretty good? There ok. Nothing to be afraid of especially for a pass catching RB. Once again if Zeke is out he’s a must start just like last week. 

How do you classify a must start? Yes you must start him if your other options are handcuffs. If you have a legit startable RBs as I would think most teams still playing at this point have then he is not a must start. Without Zeke he is going to be ranked around the 15-20 mark this week. Eagles are ranked 15 in the league against RBs. And this was with Wentz when the D has been on the field way too much and often playing with a negative game script. I would just temper expectations this week, last week was not as dominate as the box score showed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

How do you classify a must start? Yes you must start him if your other options are handcuffs. If you have a legit startable RBs as I would think most teams still playing at this point have then he is not a must start. Without Zeke he is going to be ranked around the 15-20 mark this week. Eagles are ranked 15 in the league against RBs. And this was with Wentz when the D has been on the field way too much and often playing with a negative game script. I would just temper expectations this week, last week was not as dominate as the box score showed. 

He'll be higher than that if Zeke is ruled out, probably fringe top 10. Is that a must start? I have no clue who anyone has on their team so I can't say that but he'll be started by lots of people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

How do you classify a must start? Yes you must start him if your other options are handcuffs. If you have a legit startable RBs as I would think most teams still playing at this point have then he is not a must start. Without Zeke he is going to be ranked around the 15-20 mark this week. Eagles are ranked 15 in the league against RBs. And this was with Wentz when the D has been on the field way too much and often playing with a negative game script. I would just temper expectations this week, last week was not as dominate as the box score showed. 

Well fantasy pros already has him at 15 assuming Zeke is out. So let’s see here. If you have two top 10 RBs and a flex position like most then leagues he’s a must start in your flex. And not everyone has two top 10 RBs. I’m in the championship game and I have one top ten RB on the back end. If you don’t think that pollard is a solid start without Zeke out then don’t start him lol. Not sure what else to say but in my opinion it doesn’t matter who he plays. The cowboys will be down. He’s a very good pass catching RB. He’s going to get his whether it’s on the ground or through the air. And he will have chances at the goal line without any other RBs vulturing him. If that doesn’t classify as a must start then I don’t know what does. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Well fantasy pros already has him at 15 assuming Zeke is out. So let’s see here. If you have two top 10 RBs and a flex position like most then leagues he’s a must start in your flex. And not everyone has two top 10 RBs. I’m in the championship game and I have one top ten RB on the back end. If you don’t think that pollard is a solid start without Zeke out then don’t start him lol. Not sure what else to say but in my opinion it doesn’t matter who he plays. The cowboys will be down. He’s a very good pass catching RB. He’s going to get his whether it’s on the ground or through the air. And he will have chances at the goal line without any other RBs vulturing him. If that doesn’t classify as a must start then I don’t know what does. 

Fantasypros has him 11 half PPR and 7 in PPR... if zeke is out, hes a must start by the receptions alone. Who cares what he does on the ground if he finds the endzone

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Well fantasy pros already has him at 15 assuming Zeke is out. So let’s see here. If you have two top 10 RBs and a flex position like most then leagues he’s a must start in your flex. And not everyone has two top 10 RBs. I’m in the championship game and I have one top ten RB on the back end. If you don’t think that pollard is a solid start without Zeke out then don’t start him lol. Not sure what else to say but in my opinion it doesn’t matter who he plays. The cowboys will be down. He’s a very good pass catching RB. He’s going to get his whether it’s on the ground or through the air. And he will have chances at the goal line without any other RBs vulturing him. If that doesn’t classify as a must start then I don’t know what does. 

Agree with this...I have two top 1-15 options in JRobinson, who may not be 100% and possible X factor Jax and the #1 pick thing, & Gibson if he starts coming off turf-toe, are they slam dunks over Pollard with no Zeke? These are the decisions that I and many others likely are all wrestling with this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegas has total O/U 50, means a lot of points are going to be scored. Actually looking across the board most if not all games are going to be high scoring this week. Defenses are going to get shredded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Fantasypros has him 11 half PPR and 7 in PPR... if zeke is out, hes a must start by the receptions alone. Who cares what he does on the ground if he finds the endzone

In standard he’s 15. But yeah I mean in PPR and half PPR he should be ranked higher due to his pass catching. And more people play in PPR leagues. Not sure how you don’t start this guy if Zeke sits.

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Well fantasy pros already has him at 15 assuming Zeke is out. So let’s see here. If you have two top 10 RBs and a flex position like most then leagues he’s a must start in your flex. And not everyone has two top 10 RBs. I’m in the championship game and I have one top ten RB on the back end. If you don’t think that pollard is a solid start without Zeke out then don’t start him lol. Not sure what else to say but in my opinion it doesn’t matter who he plays. The cowboys will be down. He’s a very good pass catching RB. He’s going to get his whether it’s on the ground or through the air. And he will have chances at the goal line without any other RBs vulturing him. If that doesn’t classify as a must start then I don’t know what does. 

You make good sense... I have a higher waiver then my comp, he needs an RB. I am going to get Pollard and not play him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

You make good sense... I have a higher waiver then my comp, he needs an RB. I am going to get Pollard and not play him. 

I’m doing the same.  My comp has JRob hurt, and hopefully he’s not playing, so he might be looking for a replacement.  I do have Zeke and owned Pollard this season, but if I get him I don’t need to play him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing to see that bum Zeke at practice, but he seemed good to go all last week and then didn't play so this may come down to a late Sunday decision again.

Edit: He was also limited at practice last Wednesday as well

Edited by ak427
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UMFLADFWM said:

dagger.  maybe he's just practicing so his calf can flare up... then he sits

It is absolutely not a dagger. It's Wednesday and he has the same status that he had at this time last week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ak427 said:

It is absolutely not a dagger. It's Wednesday and he has the same status that he had at this time last week. 


I mean... it registers on the dagger scale, just maybe not high right now.  Would rather he just sat home and fed himself there.

spacer.png

Edited by UMFLADFWM
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Weirdest thing of 2020: it's finals week and the board is full of people hoping Ezekiel Elliott will sit so teams still alive can ride his backup.  And nobody's in the Zeke thread hoping he plays.

zeke stinks...dude has fallen off the map in such a short period. i hope the cowboys trade him to the jets or something lol. it's pollards time to shine

Edited by TroutFister
Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the waiver RBs this week I still think Pollard has the best chance to contribute in light of the Gaskin news. Calf injuries are sensitive. I think there is still a chance Zeke doesn’t play. 
 

The problem is the Cowboys are still on the playoff hunt. If they were out I would think they would want to see what Pollard could do in regards to consistency so they felt better about moving Zeke. I think that logic goes out the window with them still in the hunt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

cowboys offense looked way better with pollard than zeke. if they want to win games, play pollard...if they want to build for the future, play pollard...if they want to trade zeke in the offseason, play pollard. there's no outcomes for the cowboys that nets a positive by starting zeke over pollard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...