NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kalen Ballage 2020 Outlook

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kalen Ballage back on the fantasy map. So we're doing this huh?

This is 2020. Watch the worst RB in the league become a beast down the stretch.

lol

44 minutes ago, A27K said:

Pope is as close to Ekeler as the real thing. If anything Ballage should just replace Josh Kelly but of course they're going to try to justify that draft pick. 

I think they’re done trying to justify that draft pick. Kelley is bad. They gave him some run and it didn’t pan out. This is a Pope / Ballage backfield until Ekeler is back. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

I think they’re done trying to justify that draft pick. Kelley is bad. They gave him some run and it didn’t pan out. This is a Pope / Ballage backfield until Ekeler is back. 

for fantasy I would much rather have the Kelley role than the ekeler role in the current state given the talent. Goal line is so valuable in this offense.

i think people assuming pope will be the guy...idk man. Ballage looked like a different player last week, ran with power and decisive, the coach really wants that.

there’s value in this backfield tomorrow- just not sure how to go about it 

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Revenge games matter. I think Ballagio gets goaline work and around 16 touches.

I think Pope gets between 10-15 total touches, maybe more if it turns into a shootout.

1 minute ago, LarryDavid said:

So just like everyone else... you have no idea lol. 

True....but we’re definitely compiling enough guesses for a good fantasy average. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Watch Kelley get all the work ... sticky situation do not touch 

I dont know man. I rostered Kelley this year, and its been a while that ive had a player where I couldn't put any positive spin on how he was playing. I guess its possible but Pope and Ballage have at least looked explosive and productive in the very limited action they've seen.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Watch Kelley get all the work ... sticky situation do not touch 

Impossible....Kelley is not very good, watched the guy all year get nowhere. It’s a toss up between Ballage and Pope, both looked very gd when they played. I’ll say Pope is the guy to own until Ekeler gets back simply off their last performance, IMO. But who really knows.

Ballage 16.40 fantasy pts vs Raiders who give up the 4th most to RBs

Pope 14.50 fantasy pts vs the Broncos who give up the 8th fewest to RBs

Pope played against a much tougher run defense in the Broncos and also left early in the 4th quarter, he could of even put up more. 

Only reason I see Ballage getting more work is if the Chargers are lookin to match Ballage with Ekeler when he gets back. Pope seems to be much of a replica of what Ekeler is, where as Ballage seems to be much what Melvin Gordon use to be. When Ekeler returns and looking into the future the Chargers might be looking for a COP type of RB which I think Ballage offers, which IMO a bigger back that can handle the between the tackle runs and goaline runs a lill better then Pope,

Edited by Tomei7