Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kalen Ballage 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kalen Ballage back on the fantasy map. So we're doing this huh?

This is 2020. Watch the worst RB in the league become a beast down the stretch.

lol

This dude is running like a horse and is going to be involved even when Eckler comes back. I think he’s a top 25 play moving forward. He is running super hard in between the tackles, making positive plays out of nothing, and even catching the rock. This is a above average offense that is getting healthier upfront. 

He’s also being used as the main goal line back. He was stopped at the 1 today (blocking was ****). Herbert ended up sneaking it in the next play. I think he would have had an even bigger day had they not been behind the entire time. They rode him on a couple different drives. Pope isn’t a thing and Kelley is a JAG. He will be the big back complement 1B to Ecklers 1A. 

Not a chance in hell he won’t be in my lineup next week vs the Jets. 
 

I honestly thought he was dogshit like everyone else.. but guys leaving Gase to ball out on other teams is the gift that keeps on giving. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

This dude is running like a horse and is going to be involved even when Eckler comes back. I think he’s a top 25 play moving forward. He is running super hard in between the tackles, making positive plays out of nothing, and even catching the rock. This is a above average offense that is getting healthier upfront. 

He’s also being used as the main goal line back. He was stopped at the 1 today (blocking was ****). Herbert ended up sneaking it in the next play. I think he would have had an even bigger day had they not been behind the entire time. They rode him on a couple different drives. Pope isn’t a thing and Kelley is a JAG. He will be the big back complement 1B to Ecklers 1A. 

Not a chance in hell he won’t be in my lineup next week vs the Jets. 
 

I honestly thought he was dogshit like everyone else.. but guys leaving Gase to ball out on other teams is the gift that keeps on giving. 

 

He does look pretty good and think he sticks rest of season as the Gordon role 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Kalen Ballage back on the fantasy map. So we're doing this huh?

spacer.png

 

Thinking we hit a gold mine here boys...the Adam Gase effect is truly something to behold.

Therefore, target Sam Darnold in dynasty for the future and Perine when he's moved to a new coach.

Ballage looks like he has the Gordon role on lock...not really missing a beat without him. We saw both RB's be top-15 options in this offense last year...

Ballage is RB2 with RB1 upside any week- he was close to a TD this week too.

Hard to believe Chargers are a top-5 offense now with Herbert...but continuously lose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Chargers O line was getting a positive push all game and really had a hard time pass protecting. I agree 100% had they not fallen behind early it could have been a 20 carrier 5 YPG type day. Him and Ekeler are going to be a nice combo. This Charger team is on the cusp of being very very good. 

 

I feel like the Chargers have been on the cusp of being very good since 2010 but can never get over the hump or just s*** the bed altogether. But I hear ya... this has a whole different feel with a rookie QB who looks like a stud. This is a good offense to invest in and Lynn (as a former RB) seems to prioritize establishing the run and is desperately looking for a horse to ground and pound with. Ballage seems to be that guy. I dropped Reagor for him last second and I'm looking forward to starting him against the Jets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

This Charger team is on the cusp of being very very good. 

 

4 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Hard to believe Chargers are a top-5 offense now with Herbert...but continuously lose.

 

Defense needs to get healthy and maybe a couple more pieces.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for those that have watched him play before with Miami and the NYJ. 

Does look the same and is just benefiting from volume and perhaps somewhat better blocking/scheme?

Or, does he look like he's running harder because he's bounced around the league a bit and realizes with each stop it could be his last chance?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Question for those that have watched him play before with Miami and the NYJ. 

Does look the same and is just benefiting from volume and perhaps somewhat better blocking/scheme?

Or, does he look like he's running harder because he's bounced around the league a bit and realizes with each stop it could be his last chance?

Looks better than any time I've seen him play elsewhere. Looks motivated

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He is probably best suited to the goal line and complementary back role, similar to Jordan Wilkins with the Colts. He does have decent burst but seems to have difficulty finding running lanes.  Not sure if it is the Chargers run blocking or his field vision.  Right now, it probably doesn't matter.  If he totes the rock 15 times and has a couple of shots at the goal line, he can provide fantasy value.  He also seems to get some pass targets as well so there is that as well.  18 carries and 6 pass targets last week on the heels of 17 touches and a TD the week before is certainly flex worthy with the potential for RB2 or RB3 depending on league size.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude still looks like a JAG to me, very slow, true definition of a plodder. But he is still putting up decent #’s which is all that matters and he’s catching the ball which is very intriguing. If and when Ekeler gets back it would be tough to even consider him, but for now I may make a move for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Dude still looks like a JAG to me, very slow, true definition of a plodder. But he is still putting up decent #’s which is all that matters and he’s catching the ball which is very intriguing. If and when Ekeler gets back it would be tough to even consider him, but for now I may make a move for him. 


All Chargers look slow....I think it might be their uniforms. 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 touches will always be fantasy worthy.  LAC system is very RB friendly so if he is getting 5-6 targets consistently on top of the rushing volume, sign me up.

Good matchup for Sunday as well so think he is an RB2 at worst.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get this whole Chargers backfield.  A few weeks ago we had Jackson and Kelley.  Jackson seemed to be moving really well, of course prior to his knee injury.  But for some reason during the Denver game Pope got massively involved.  Lynn said that he needed a running back to jump start the team.  Jackson had like 80 yards on 12 carries.  What was he talking about.  Then he brings in a guy who has been cut by several teams just this year, from the practice squad, who looks like a jag, but now someone gets all the carries for the team.  No Pope involvement at all.  Doesn't make much sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...