Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kalen Ballage 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Dude still looks like a JAG to me, very slow, true definition of a plodder. But he is still putting up decent #’s which is all that matters and he’s catching the ball which is very intriguing. If and when Ekeler gets back it would be tough to even consider him, but for now I may make a move for him. 

 

Kinda getting stale to be called a plodder...dude has some draft capital and was stuck to Adam Gase. Just erase the history and say he has the same draft capital as Josh Kelley, but years of experience on him, and humbled by getting cut by teams. He's hungry to prove he doesn't suck, and is capitalizing on his opportunity.

Ballage is going to be a nice piece to have ROS, with RB1 upside if touchdowns break his way and Ekeler isn't back / rushed in.

This is the truth and people should stop denying themselves of it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kalen Ballage back on the fantasy map. So we're doing this huh?

This is 2020. Watch the worst RB in the league become a beast down the stretch.

lol

16 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Kinda getting stale to be called a plodder...dude has some draft capital and was stuck to Adam Gase. Just erase the history and say he has the same draft capital as Josh Kelley, but years of experience on him, and humbled by getting cut by teams. He's hungry to prove he doesn't suck, and is capitalizing on his opportunity.

Ballage is going to be a nice piece to have ROS, with RB1 upside if touchdowns break his way and Ekeler isn't back / rushed in.

This is the truth and people should stop denying themselves of it. 

I didn't call him a plodder ?

He's a big boy and I said he moved fairly well for his size, and looked relatively smooth. He went down very easily though and didn't look like anything special(e.g. my JAG-like comment)

Touches are half the battle or more with fantasy RBs so I noted he could have value but it seems like you think every RB getting double digit carries has RB1 upside(ex Gallman thread-league winner!). I'm more judicious with who I label 'league winners'. It's not denial

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, owenmills said:

I didn't call him a plodder ?

He's a big boy and I said he moved fairly well for his size, and looked relatively smooth. He went down very easily though and didn't look like anything special(e.g. my JAG-like comment)

Touches are half the battle or more with fantasy RBs so I noted he could have value but it seems like you think every RB getting double digit carries has RB1 upside(ex Gallman thread-league winner!). I'm more judicious with who I label 'league winners'. It's not denial

 

Did I quote you at all? Lol- what's with the hostility? 

Gallman is RB3 past 4 weeks - yes, that is a league winner in this landscape.

Ballage has 20+ touches two weeks in a row - sprinkle in a TD and yes, that's a league winner in this landscape.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Did I quote you at all? Lol- what's with the hostility? 

Gallman is RB3 past 4 weeks - yes, that is a league winner in this landscape.

Ballage has 20+ touches two weeks in a row - sprinkle in a TD and yes, that's a league winner in this landscape.

You're right, my bad. I thought your reply had my post quoted but it doesn't. I haven't had enough coffee yet. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Kinda getting stale to be called a plodder...dude has some draft capital and was stuck to Adam Gase. Just erase the history and say he has the same draft capital as Josh Kelley, but years of experience on him, and humbled by getting cut by teams. He's hungry to prove he doesn't suck, and is capitalizing on his opportunity.

Ballage is going to be a nice piece to have ROS, with RB1 upside if touchdowns break his way and Ekeler isn't back / rushed in.

This is the truth and people should stop denying themselves of it. 

Plodder: a person who walks doggedly and slowly with heavy steps.
Ballage being a plodder doesn’t mean he doesn’t have some sorta value, it’s not a stale judgement, it’s fact. His history with Gase or him being hungry doesn’t excuse him of the fact that he’s a plodder. He’s a Jordan Howard replica if u ask my opinion, just on a better offense with more opportunity.  He’s getting the opportunity on a pretty gd offense so the value is always going to be there. He has better vision than Kelley so that’s why I believe the opportunity is greater for him. Watch his film he has plodder written all over him, I wouldn’t be surprised if Pope got some run and outplayed him this week. 

Edited by Tomei7
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Plodder: a person who walks doggedly and slowly with heavy steps.
Ballage being a plodder doesn’t mean he doesn’t have some sorta value, it’s not a stale judgement, it’s fact. His history with Gase or him being hungry doesn’t excuse him of the fact that he’s a plodder. He’s a Jordan Howard replica if u ask my opinion, just on a better offense with more opportunity.  He’s getting the opportunity on a pretty gd offense so the value is always going to be there. He has better vision than Kelley so that’s why I believe the opportunity is greater for him. Watch his film he has plodder written all over him, I wouldn’t be surprised if Pope got some run and outplayed him this week. 

Jordan Howard is a terrible comparison. Ballage ran a 4.4 forty which is above average especially for his size. I think Ballage just needed a change of scenery. He went to college at Arizona state so maybe LA with coach Lynn will help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Doesn’t look slow to me. Made a couple of questionable reads but overall played well. 

 

At about the 1:40 mark there is a large hole on the right side.. he hits it but shows his lack of acceleration and burst and is wrapped up for a minimal gain. Guess you can tip your cap to the LB for coming up and making a play but that's one where you want your back to make someone miss and pick up more than what was blocked. Other than that, he looks pretty average. He picked up what was needed for his team and converted some 3rd downs which at this point is all Lynn is probably asking for. Seems like an easy start with that much volume against the Jets. I didn't see anything that would cause him to lose touches and I don't see Pope as much of a threat. Ballage has his role. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

 

At about the 1:40 mark there is a large hole on the right side.. he hits it but shows his lack of acceleration and burst and is wrapped up for a minimal gain. Guess you can tip your cap to the LB for coming up and making a play but that's one where you want your back to make someone miss and pick up more than what was blocked. Other than that, he looks pretty average. He picked up what was needed for his team and converted some 3rd downs which at this point is all Lynn is probably asking for. Seems like an easy start with that much volume against the Jets. I didn't see anything that would cause him to lose touches and I don't see Pope as much of a threat. Ballage has his role. 

The run your talking about looked like he had a lot of room in front of him if he makes it through  but the linebacker was there in the hole. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Take this with a grain of salt because this is the same reporter that said Pope would be heavily involved (lol) last week and didn't play a single snap.

But I think there is more truth to this than not...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I don't get it, is Ballage Anthony Lynn's long lost son or something.  Whats with the love for this guy.

I wouldnt call it love. What other options do they have? Kelley who has looked horrible all season? Pope who has two 10 carry games in a 5 year career? Or Ballage who has looked solid rushing and receiving in the two games he played?

Edited by yanksman
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Take this with a grain of salt because this is the same reporter that said Pope would be heavily involved (lol) last week and didn't play a single snap.

But I think there is more truth to this than not...

 

Yeah, that guy's credibility is destroyed after last week

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I don't get it, is Ballage Anthony Lynn's long lost son or something.  Whats with the love for this guy.

The commentators were talking about Ballage and Lynn's relationship. They mentioned that Lynn said there aren't a lot of guys out there with his size and speed. He also said Lynn was giving him tough love and was asking him what is wrong with him(why he's bounced around the League) so he can fix him. I really think this is just a case of a change of scenery turning a career around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alexander1231 said:

multiple chargers reporters reporting the same thing. enjoy the ride while it lasts. But it seems the chargers miss melvin gordon or at least a player of his build.

 

Lol... I can promise you as a Charger fan, that no one misses Melvin and his fumbling a**. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...