NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kalen Ballage 2020 Outlook

Have to see if he plays. If Ekeler is active, he's a bench. I'd start him if Ekeler was out and Pope/Kelley were only others active given recent weeks. I think cross-country travel west to east coast has historically been a thing but I do expect this game to be relatively high scoring, so as long as he can avoid an in-game setback he should do OK.

• Like 1
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kalen Ballage back on the fantasy map. So we're doing this huh?

This is 2020. Watch the worst RB in the league become a beast down the stretch.

lol

Drop for the next stash if Ekeler is back. Ballage isn’t good and is a volume play, so you’re basically waiting on the next injury to make him relevant. I’ll probably find someone better to stash than him

Change my mind

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Drop for the next stash if Ekeler is back. Ballage isn’t good and is a volume play. 

Change my mind

Right, if Ekeler sits, I think this guy has another viable week left in him as a starter, but I'm not so sure that value is that good even if Ekeler is held out. Like you say, he's a volume-guy, but I could easily see the volume not being there. The circumstances seem indicate that the Chargers will be forced to pass, and it wouln't be surprising if there's more of a RB rotation in this game if Ballage is managing an injury.

In PPR, though, I could see him grinding out a solid RB2 game. Does he figure hold down that role this week?

37 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

If you have room I’d suggest keeping through this week just to see make sure Ekeler doesn’t re-injur and see what Ballages role is. With Ingram the Charges kept two RBs startable.  

Ingram? Nah...u mean Gordon

• Haha 1

LAC is such a high-value backfield that I’m wondering if Ballage is still one of the better playoff stashes. He could potentially return to the role Joshua Kelley had early in the year even when Ekeler was healthy, which was valuable. And then if Ekeler were to get banged up again obviously his potential value rockets. The issues are that he’s in competition with Kelley and maybe Justin Jackson if/when he comes back for any of those roles. Ballage was getting work clearly ahead of Kelley recently, but not sure if that sticks.