NBC Sports Edge Forums

Is it safe to drop Kittle?

Given that the Niners will be out of playoff contention coupled with the estimated 8 week timeframe for Kittle's injury, is it a safe assumption that he is done for this year and I should feel fine cutting him? Currently have him stashed in my IR slot, however, now that Roethlisberger has been placed on the COVID list and could possibly miss this week (even though reports say he most likely will get activated on Saturday and play), thinking I need to move Roethlisberger to the IR slot to pick up a QB from the WW this week. In doing so I'd have to drop Kittle. It's either that or I drop Goedert, Engram or Crowder to pick up a QB. Thoughts?

Half-PPR ESPN 10 Team Redraft

QB - B.Roethlisberger
RB - D.Cook, J.Jacobs
WR - M.Thomas, T.McLaurin
TE - E.Engram
Flex - A.Gibson
D/ST - KC
K - W.Lutz
Bench - K.Golladay, T.Higgins, J.Dobbins, J.Crowder, A.Mattison, Goedert
IR - G.Kittle

Thanks for the help.  IMO, I'd keep him so somebody won't pick him up in week 15 or 16 and tip the scales for a championship.  I would almost drop Mattison for the week and then pick him up again, rather than drop Kittle.  I could be overly cautious, but I would hate for Kittle to decide the league winner if you drop him.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, GuyIncognito said:

Given that the Niners will be out of playoff contention coupled with the estimated 8 week timeframe for Kittle's injury, is it a safe assumption that he is done for this year and I should feel fine cutting him? Currently have him stashed in my IR slot, however, now that Roethlisberger has been placed on the COVID list and could possibly miss this week (even though reports say he most likely will get activated on Saturday and play), thinking I need to move Roethlisberger to the IR slot to pick up a QB from the WW this week. In doing so I'd have to drop Kittle. It's either that or I drop Goedert, Engram or Crowder to pick up a QB. Thoughts?

Half-PPR ESPN 10 Team Redraft

QB - B.Roethlisberger
RB - D.Cook, J.Jacobs
WR - M.Thomas, T.McLaurin
TE - E.Engram
Flex - A.Gibson
D/ST - KC
K - W.Lutz
Bench - K.Golladay, T.Higgins, J.Dobbins, J.Crowder, A.Mattison, Goedert
IR - G.Kittle

I'd wait until Saturday to worry about it. It's not like all the QBs will be gone off the wire then. I'm guessing Ben plays Sunday....

• Thanks 1