NBC Sports Edge Forums

Downgrade QB to get a 3rd reliable RB? 100% WHIR

Hey guys, considering this trade and it's a tough one for me. My league is PPR.

Give: Herbert, Jacobs

Receive: Lamar Jackson, James Robinson, Chris Carson

Now my only two reliable RBs are Kareem Hunt and Josh Jacobs, which is why I'm considering this trade. However, I don't see myself ever playing more than 2 RBs week to week and I'm 6-3 scoring well each week. I'm concerned that giving up Herbert for Lamar makes my starting lineup dip, even though it does give me that RB safety net heading into playoffs. What do you guys think? Do this trade, or stick it out with just 2 good RBs. I have a stable of bench RBs, but they are all unreliable back-ups or rentals.

Edited by harck

I'm a Jacobs owner, and I'd do that deal. Robinson has been fantastic, and a good receiver out of the backfield. Carson is playing well in an elite offense. Lamar is not up to his MVP ability but they have a fantastic schedule going forward and he should benefi.

I'm a Jacobs and Robinson owner and I like that deal considering its a PPR league.  For one reason or another Gruden doesn't like doing screens or Carr doesn't like to check down to his RBs. Thats a steal considering you're also getting Lamjack in return. He has a easier schedule the last 5 weeks of the season. Help with mine please. 

17 hours ago, harck said:

Hey guys, considering this trade and it's a tough one for me. My league is PPR.

Give: Herbert, Jacobs

Receive: Lamar Jackson, James Robinson, Chris Carson

Now my only two reliable RBs are Kareem Hunt and Josh Jacobs, which is why I'm considering this trade. However, I don't see myself ever playing more than 2 RBs week to week and I'm 6-3 scoring well each week. I'm concerned that giving up Herbert for Lamar makes my starting lineup dip, even though it does give me that RB safety net heading into playoffs. What do you guys think? Do this trade, or stick it out with just 2 good RBs. I have a stable of bench RBs, but they are all unreliable back-ups or rentals.

YES you do that... You are valuing someone too highly if you are hesitant. I'd rather have Jackson over Herbert going forward. Robinson and Jacobs are a wash, and you get Carson.