NBC Sports Edge Forums

Salvon Ahmed 2020 Outlook

Keep an eye on Salvon Ahmed 

Healthy Ahmed > Breida 

Effective Ahmed > Howard 

Knows the system Ahmed > Washington 

Opportunity = There

Averaged 5.4 yards last week played 28 snaps vs Howards 21

Stay away from this backfield is the best advice but incase desperately inneed of a flyer or bench stash keep an eye on. His cost is currently free

Edited by hard1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Salvon Ahmed 2020 Outlook
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is Miami's obsession with Washington backs? Both him and Gaskin were teammates and they traded for a RB NAMED Washington.

Gaskin had 18 carries for 91 yards, and 5 receptions for 35 yards two weeks ago.

Gaskin performed well and started in front of Ahmed in college, why is it hard to believe he'd take the job back?

Most complete game by a dolphins rb so far this season. He even added a reception. I'm probably looking too far ahead, but do we have anything to worry about if he another decent-good game with Gaskins eligible to return later?

They have the Broncos, but afterword it's clear sailing with NYJ, CIN, KC, NE and LV. That's not a bad schedule for a rb in what looks to be an upstart offense with Tua at the helm. 

Edited by thejamman
15 minutes ago, thejamman said:

Most complete game by a dolphins rb so far this season. He even added a reception. I'm probably looking too far ahead, but do we have anything to worry about if he another decent-good game with Gaskins eligible to return later?

They have the Broncos, but afterword it's clear sailing with NYJ, CIN, KC, NE and LV. That's not a bad schedule for a rb in what looks to be an upstart offense with Tua at the helm. 

Gaskin had 18 carries for 91 yards, and 5 receptions for 35 yards two weeks ago.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Sternes said:

In 1/2 ppr, Ahmed gets the nod in points, but overall effort would go to Gaskins. My leagues settings is what I was going off of. 

Edited by thejamman
23 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Gaskins back in a week or two hard to say what's here...

I think Gaskin is the RB to own but Ahmed has earned snaps.  As you note, Breida and others including Washington and others are not the answer. Smart money says they aren't in the Dolphins long-term plans. They need to surround Tua with playmakers and so far the younger guys are getting the job done.  With Tua at QB, there may be enough work to make Gaskins and Ahmed flex plays until one pulls ahead of the other.  Then one may become a RB2 while the other is a solid flex depending on matchups.

• Like 1

He sure looks like a legit NFL back. I think this MIA coach (outside of the old Howard 1 yard plunge role) prefers to work away from a big committee and more or less ride with one main back. I tend to think that DWash, Breida and obv Howard are not threats to his role, currently.

Ahmed played 44-of-58 snaps, 84% of RB carries, ran route on 56% of Tua's dropbacks and 3 touches inside the 10 yard line:

Salvon Ahmed Week 10 Carry Chart

• Thanks 2

Dolphins fans seem to be really high on him, many seeming to think he's their starter over Gaskin, or that he should be.  Better vision, speed are the traits their claiming.  I just think it's good to get insight from people watching all their team's games, and there is a decent amount of info to gleam in this Dolphins forum thread.

https://finheaven.com/threads/ahmed-vs-gaskins.362948/

• Like 1
1 minute ago, herschel said:

think hes ahead of brieda when he comes back?

Honestly don't think Brieda is a significant part of the equation from what I'm gathering.  I think Brieda would spell this guy only, and it becomes a question of Ahmed vs Gaskin.  Check out the Dolphins forum thread I posted.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, David Aames said:

Do we think they roll w him over gaskins?

To be honest, did Gaskins really do anything all that good? Seems like Ahmed is, at the very least, able to replicate what he was up to--maybe more?

It is a week to week league (esp for our little game) and right now Ahmed stock is sitting pretty.

Also as another poster said, Gaskins still has to get healthy yet. Ahmed could have established an important role in the meantime...they are winning right now, most staffs aren't gonna toy around with what it working. I also don't think Breida is more than a pace changer at this point, and an unreliable one at that.

• Like 1

I genuinely think Ahmed can take Gaskin's job. Depends on how much longer Gaskin is out, but with how hard they lobbied for Le'Veon Bell, I don't think they were ever sold on Gaskin. Gaskin worked great as a checkdown, but outside of that, he hasn't really shown flashes of brilliance akin to Robinson. Granted, we will have to see Ahmed play a team other than the Chargers. Chargers have been dreadful against the run for the last few weeks, and also were missing Bosa.

Not saying it will happen, but I don't think Gaskin has a lock on this backfield by any means, and depending on next week and the week after, Ahmed has a realistic chance to be the lead the rest of the way.

Edited by harck
  • Like 2