NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Gleyber Torres 2021 Outlook

Ecofolux

This guy still even in the majors? Forget baseball; quite possibly the most invisible everyday player in the history of sports. Nearly halfway home and pacing for 144 games played -- .245 BA / 6 HR / 48 runs / 51 RBI. But an 8 swipe pace though. So yeah, totally worthwhile. Dude su-su-su-suuuuucks. Official.

1 minute ago, this guy right here said:

Needs to lose the high leg kick. Sanchez has an 1.100 OPS in June since he dropped his.

Yep that would help as well.  But being able to see does help

1 hour ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

This guy still even in the majors? Forget baseball; quite possibly the most invisible everyday player in the history of sports. Nearly halfway home and pacing for 144 games played -- .245 BA / 6 HR / 48 runs / 51 RBI. But an 8 swipe pace though. So yeah, totally worthwhile. Dude su-su-su-suuuuucks. Official.

He's JAG that happened to obliterate the Orioles pitching in 2019.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

"Smile for the camera."

10236.png......"Wait, there's someone in here?"

Exactly!  He is even squinting in his official photo 

I have literally probably lost 3 spots ion the standing thanks to this guy! All the weeks sitting around watching someone do good that can be starting for me but I say, no this is Gleyber's week, he is to talented

Well finally after a month, drop!

• Like 3

I took him in round 6 thinking he would bounce back and give me a huge advantage at 2B. He just flat out sucks and I dont see much hope for him this season. Anyone on waivers is better.

• Like 1

its honestly perplexing to me. i mean, he was 22 years old in 2019, and hit 38 homers with an 870 OPS as a middle infielder

he had perennial all star written all over him....wtf could have happened?

5 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

its honestly perplexing to me. i mean, he was 22 years old in 2019, and hit 38 homers with an 870 OPS as a middle infielder

He, as others have mentioned in this thread, either needs glasses, cause clearly he isn’t recognizing/seeing pitches....and/or his two bouts with COVID have effected him....and/or - and this is my personal best guess speculation - in 2021 in the United States of America he somehow has contracted full blown AIDS. Not HIV mind-you: all the way AIDS. And in spite of having millions of dollars in the bank and access to the best health care in the world, Gleyber is refusing to take his AIDS meds that, if he took them, would otherwise relegate that sh*t to not much more than a common cold nowadays.

Anyhow, Torres disgraceful “production” between the 2020 and 2021 seasons can be attributed to anywhere from one to all three of those things. 

7 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

He, as others have mentioned in this thread, either needs glasses, cause clearly he isn’t recognizing/seeing pitches....and/or his two bouts with COVID have effected him....and/or - and this is my personal best guess speculation - in 2021 in the United States of America he somehow has contracted full blown AIDS. Not HIV mind-you: all the way AIDS. And in spite of having millions of dollars in the bank and access to the best health care in the world, Gleyber is refusing to take his AIDS meds that, if he took them, would otherwise relegate that sh*t to not much more than a common cold nowadays.

Anyhow, Torres disgraceful “production” between the 2020 and 2021 seasons can be attributed to anywhere from one to all three of those things. 

wtf....AIDS???  what makes you say that?  are their certain rumors about him?  private message me if you arent comfortable saying it publicly 

edit: lol

Edited by jfazz23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

Wasn’t that the year he had like half his home runs against the Orioles lol

On 5/30/2021 at 3:06 PM, BMcP said:

He.  Needs.  Glasses.

i wear glasses (contacts) and i have been since like 5th grade.  its uncommon to not need glasses and then need them when youre 24.  he hit 38 homers in 2019 and he was 22.  how could he need eye correction now???

@Fbaseballgod -  lol i dont think it was half....and he still plays the O's 19 times a year so thats not an excuse haha

image.gif

Edited by jfazz23
  • Haha 1

Just now, jfazz23 said:

wtf....AIDS???  what makes you say that?  are their certain rumors about him?  private message me if you arent comfortable saying it publicly 

I mean I was kidding. Figured that was obvious. No, there are no rumors of AIDS. And no, he probably doesn’t have the disease. But If he did, yes, that would be a reasonable explanation. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

i wear glasses (contacts) and i have been since like 5th grade.  its uncommon to not need glasses and then need them when youre 24.  he hit 38 homers in 2019 and he was 22.  how could he need eye correction now???

@Fbaseballgod -  lol i dont think it was half....and he still plays the O's 19 times a year so thats not an excuse haha

image.gif

The prospects of Gleyber, at age 24, suddenly needing corrective eye vision in some capacity, while yes that would be unusual, it would be far from unprecedented. It happens. Not often, but of the roughly 2.7 billion people between the ages of 18 and 30 living on this planet, it has happened more than a time or two.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

The dude is 24 and paid probably living his best life not giving a f--- about baseball lmao good for him. 

Good for him, yes

Good for the folks like me who were able to package him and send him off some 5 odd weeks ago for Marcus Semien in return, you betcha.

Good for the unfortunate souls who have had and/or still have Gleyber Torres on their fantasy roster right now, today, as I type this Rotoworld forum Gleyber Torres 2021 outlook message board post....not so good. 

1 hour ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

The prospects of Gleyber, at age 24, suddenly needing corrective eye vision in some capacity, while yes that would be unusual, it would be far from unprecedented. It happens. Not often, but of the roughly 2.7 billion people between the ages of 18 and 30 living on this planet, it has happened more than a time or two.

the yanks have almost certainly thought of this though and sent him to an eye doctor.  i think its standard procedure in these situations

i dont buy the "bad eyes" narrative.  tbh, the HIV idea is more plausible to me

• Haha 3