NBC Sports Edge Forums

FLEX help needed ((WHIR))

I swung my first trade of the season, and moved out DJMoore and DHenderson for KAllen.  Also added some decent waivers.

Looking for a little insight on my flex starter this week.  I know some of the RB options (DuJohnson/GBernard) are only options if their other RB is out... so I'm just planning as if all of them are startable options.  Who would you start?

0.5 PPR
Starting: QB,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,W/R/T

Current starters:
QB - KMurray
WR - KAllen, Metcalf
RB - JJacobs, JRobinson 
FLEX - ???
TE - DGoedert

Bench:
WR - Claypool, ACooper, JMeyers
RB - DukeJohnson, McKissic, GBernard, Fournette
IR - Kittle

Thanks!

Mixon will likely be out, trending in the wrong direction there. Gio plays PIT tho, nightmare matchup. 

David Johnson will probably be out as well, more likely to play than Mixon though. Duke plays CLE... but some experts don’t know if he will get all of the touches like David Johnson would. 

I really like McKissic this week, so its probably between him and Duke. If David Johnson is out, go for Duke. If he is in, I like McKissic. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Mixon will likely be out, trending in the wrong direction there. Gio plays PIT tho, nightmare matchup. 

David Johnson will probably be out as well, more likely to play than Mixon though. Duke plays CLE... but some experts don’t know if he will get all of the touches like David Johnson would. 

I really like McKissic this week, so its probably between him and Duke. If David Johnson is out, go for Duke. If he is in, I like McKissic. 

I think we are on the same page.  If Gio starts, he does have a tough matchup.  I like McKissic also, but I feel I'd like to see another week with ASmith at QB, and also a game vs Det, that may favor AGibson.  But definitely worth holding McKissic.  I will monitor the injuries... but I feel Duke might have the best path to touches this week.

Edited by UMFLADFWM

Duke Johnson. But I actually would sub him for Jacobs. Den has been real good against the run and awful against the pass. I could see Jacobs having a bad game.

If you choose to that, I would then play JD Mckissic. Det is last against the run. And although they have gotten better.  They are real bad against pass catching backs.

If you are not sold play Claypool as Houston Defense is terrible all over.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Duke Johnson. But I actually would sub him for Jacobs. Den has been real good against the run and awful against the pass. I could see Jacobs having a bad game.

If you choose to that, I would then play JD Mckissic. Det is last against the run. And although they have gotten better.  They are real bad against pass catching backs.

If you are not sold play Claypool as Houston Defense is terrible all over.

Sorry, I meant Cindy instead of Houston when mentioning Claypool 

5 hours ago, UMFLADFWM said:

I swung my first trade of the season, and moved out DJMoore and DHenderson for KAllen.  Also added some decent waivers.

Looking for a little insight on my flex starter this week.  I know some of the RB options (DuJohnson/GBernard) are only options if their other RB is out... so I'm just planning as if all of them are startable options.  Who would you start?

0.5 PPR
Starting: QB,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,W/R/T

Current starters:
QB - KMurray
WR - KAllen, Metcalf
RB - JJacobs, JRobinson 
FLEX - ???
TE - DGoedert

Bench:
WR - Claypool, ACooper, JMeyers
RB - DukeJohnson, McKissic, GBernard, Fournette
IR - Kittle

Thanks!

I think Gio is a good start, because I can see Burrow possibly checking down a lot vs PIT Def. But if concerned about the match up, Duke would be my next choice. With David probably out, even though he may not get 15 carries, he should see an increase in targets. GL!

• Thanks 1