NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ramon Laureano 2021 Outlook

9 hours ago, dele said:

Hard to steal bags if you never get on. What a bummer this guy has turned out to be after an amazing first week.

Are you aware of how many games there are in an MLB season?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 4/29/2021 at 7:42 AM, dele said:

Hard to steal bags if you never get on. What a bummer this guy has turned out to be after an amazing first week.

This one has aged well over the last week. 

• Like 2

Is he a transformer? A robot in disguise? I feel like he got the red light after he got caught stealing 3 times and just said screw it, I'll hit for power then. He is now tied for first on my team in homeruns with judge and meadows.  Does he have a realistic shot at 30/30?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Daytraders2019 said:

No chatter and he’s having a great year. He’s only 26 — maybe he can be an even better version of starling marte. 

He’s been awesome - afraid to say anything 

• Like 1

He started getting caught, but still, I don't get him not running at all. He is hitting a bit above expectations right now. Remember, he missed some time and slumped for a while after a minor injury early on. When he has been healthy this season, he has hit extremely well. I was hoping for 25-20, but the steals may not be coming back. 

47 minutes ago, Words said:

He started getting caught, but still, I don't get him not running at all. He is hitting a bit above expectations right now. Remember, he missed some time and slumped for a while after a minor injury early on. When he has been healthy this season, he has hit extremely well. I was hoping for 25-20, but the steals may not be coming back. 

some people steal in bunches...  plus, who knows....he may have some sort of minor ache in his lower body and hes taking it easy

34 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

some people steal in bunches...  plus, who knows....he may have some sort of minor ache in his lower body and hes taking it easy

Part of it is the power surge. His last stolen base was April 13. At that point, he had hit only one home run. He has eight so far in May. 

That said, it has been over a month since his last steal. That makes me wonder if he's going to run much at all the rest of the way. 

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Words said:

Part of it is the power surge. His last stolen base was April 13. At that point, he had hit only one home run. He has eight so far in May. 

That said, it has been over a month since his last steal. That makes me wonder if he's going to run much at all the rest of the way. 

He must have tweaked something in his legs or maybe his manager told him to take it easy so as not to risk injury.

Anyway, I doubted he was gonna top 30 sbs even after the fast start, so if he ends up with like 15, that's still pretty good if he chips in 25 homers.

14 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

He must have tweaked something in his legs or maybe his manager told him to take it easy so as not to risk injury.

Anyway, I doubted he was gonna top 30 sbs even after the fast start, so if he ends up with like 15, that's still pretty good if he chips in 25 homers.

i mean, 30/20 is still realistic....even if its like 28/18 with good runs/rbis thats a very solid line for his draft position

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Skye Bolt?

Is that his real name, or did a wizard hiding in a cave bestow it upon him after granting him superpowers?

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So many people in here asking if he will steal... yeesh! I'm guessing he got a red light somewhere along the lines. If he has a hip injury, I don't know how that would make him steal more.

Last I saw, he was stuck on 8 steals for a long time. I stopped paying attention because he stopped running. 

I haven't seen any word yet. I was looking for a report after he worked out prior to yesterday's game, but all I found was a mention that it went well, but they weren't sure either way. I'm guessing they will base a decision on how he feels during pre-game warmups. 

• Thanks 1