NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dennis Schroder 2020-2021 Outlook

• tonycpsu changed the title to Dennis Schroder 2020-2021 Outlook
On 12/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, Code of Hammurabi said:

This guy should be a great back end cog for roto rosters in particular. In games where lebron rests, I could see him post averages in line with his best season in Atlanta. 

Well he has a really high turnover rate which is dropping his value massively for roto. That and his low steal rate are keeping him out of top 100. The percentages next to Bron look great though, but when Lebron misses games I don't see him doing anything to boost his value since his fg% will likely drop I'm assuming.

12 hours ago, jay_00 said:

Well he has a really high turnover rate which is dropping his value massively for roto. That and his low steal rate are keeping him out of top 100. The percentages next to Bron look great though, but when Lebron misses games I don't see him doing anything to boost his value since his fg% will likely drop I'm assuming.

Tos are usless in roto and should be assumed to be punted. I havent won or placed in a roto league where I was higher than a 3 in TOs in nearly 20 years of playing. Typically if you are 10/11/12 in Tos you will be poor in PTS, AST and sometimes even threes. You just wont be competitive more often than not. In punt TO rankings Schroeder is currenlty 7th round value. Thats likley 3/4 rounds better than where he was drafted (typically 10th or 11th round). Thats called value......

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Tos are usless in roto and should be assumed to be punted. I havent won or placed in a roto league where I was higher than a 3 in TOs in nearly 20 years of playing. Typically if you are 10/11/12 in Tos you will be poor in PTS, AST and sometimes even threes. You just wont be competitive more often than not. In punt TO rankings Schroeder is currenlty 7th round value. Thats likley 3/4 rounds better than where he was drafted (typically 10th or 11th round). Thats called value......

That is 100% not true. So you specifically haven't won a roto league with having a low turnover rate you say? Well clearly that shows your strategy must be to NOT care about turnovers. I literally won a roto money league just last year with the 4th lowest to's in the league. Heck I've been playing roto for 20+ years. I'm sure I can look through my yahoo fantasy profile find other leagues I've won through the years to back this claim up as well. Also, even though it is clearly early, one of my roto money leagues I am currently in 1st place with the 2nd highest assists but the 4th lowest turnovers. Don't tell me it can't be done because I've done it more than once. Maybe try avoiding high turnover guys and target guys like Vanvleet, CP3, and players with out of position assists that don't kill your to's.

Edited by jay_00
  • 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Bernard said:

What do you guys expect this season? Will he start playing better? The minutes are there.... 

I just dropped him this morning. Didnt really want to, but kinda had to.

I like him as a player but hes 4th or 5th option on the team, and 3rd or 4th option on 1st unit. If he was in 2nd unit maybe he'd be getting more looks and scoring more, etc.

I'm sure if Lebron ever sits he'll prob have a huge game. Or maybe as the season progresses and the lakers establish themselves more at the top of the west lebron will start taking some games off and then Schroder will shine

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

read something where he turned down massive contract from la. no where near his value but have to say one of my fav late rd picks. dont fail me now.

4 yr $84m extension , basically FVV contract

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 1