NBC Sports Edge Forums

Is Nyheim Himes worth the #1 waiver this week?

10 teams, standard league, redraft

With CMC out I've been rolling with Fournette, James Robinson, Melvin Gordon, David Johnson and David Montgomery. So I could use the help but am worried Hines might not be worth the #1 waiver since my league doesn't award points per reception. Thoughts? Thanks. 

Nyheim Hines is the best Running Back on the Colts roster. 

The only thing holding Hines back is the Colts coaching staff's utilization of him.

He is a poor man's Saquon Barkley.

He is a rich man's Austin Ekeler.

Electric player with 4.38 speed at the RB position. Home run speed.

Nasty, filthy Receiver out of the backfield. So dynamic with the ball in space.

His skill-set for a RB is exactly what you look for in a RB in today's Pass-First NFL in 2020. 

If Hines was the Lead Back for KC, he'd be a Top 5 Back. Seriously. 

Move over, Jonathan Taylor. 

Nyheim Hines >>>

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Nope he's the #2 RB on the Colts. Taylor is the #1 starter, they drafted him with a high pick. 

Yet Hines and Wilkins have been outplaying him for the last month. I’d say if your league isn’t a PPR, Hines isn’t quite as valuable. I’d would rank Ahmad or Ballage ahead of him this week. Who else is on the wire?

15 hours ago, TheGhost206 said:

10 teams, standard league, redraft

With CMC out I've been rolling with Fournette, James Robinson, Melvin Gordon, David Johnson and David Montgomery. So I could use the help but am worried Hines might not be worth the #1 waiver since my league doesn't award points per reception. Thoughts? Thanks. 

I don't think he's hands down worth the #1 waiver. He's going to get you 4-5 points some weeks, and 16 some others. It's going to be hit or miss all season long just like it has been. If you need RB though, which you do, then it's a worthwhile claim.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, PisEdiRin said:

Nyheim Hines is the best Running Back on the Colts roster. 

The only thing holding Hines back is the Colts coaching staff's utilization of him.

He is a poor man's Saquon Barkley.

He is a rich man's Austin Ekeler.

Electric player with 4.38 speed at the RB position. Home run speed.

Nasty, filthy Receiver out of the backfield. So dynamic with the ball in space.

His skill-set for a RB is exactly what you look for in a RB in today's Pass-First NFL in 2020. 

If Hines was the Lead Back for KC, he'd be a Top 5 Back. Seriously. 

Move over, Jonathan Taylor. 

Nyheim Hines >>>

4 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

I don't get the point of this.  I mean if he called you out or said your wrong I get it.  I don't own either.  But back when he made this posts.  Taylor was doing nothing as it was a three way split and Hines was the main benificary.  Obviously things have changed  and Taylor finally figured it out.  Easy to come back a month latter and throw shade.