NBC Sports Edge Forums

John Wall 2020-2021 Outlook

Drafted him pretty much for this exact reason - the Harden trade. And it is happening this fast! Im feeling like a genius. His assists are going to shot up like a ROCKET and he will score more... LOVING IT! Dont matter if Simmons comes in, Wall will still eat a whole lot more than he did with Harden.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn’t he tear his Achilles? Seems like forever ago. For a guy who’s game is built on speed and never developed a solid outside shot, it’s gonna be tough to come back and be John Wall we knew pre-Achi

My feeling after I did not draft Wall and witnessed him GO OFF!

Is this forum still active or has it trailed off? Anyways, where are we drafting John Wall after 2 years off. Is he still worth a Top 20 pick or is he DND?

Posted Images

Ah, I'm not so sure.  Simmons really loves that ball, and he can't really play without it, so as a Simmons/Wall owner, I expect both to go down if that trade were to happen. Simmons isn't a SF/PF/C either.  He's strictly a PG, despite what some media guys are saying.  I just can't see how this works out.

Simmons can't shoot and needs the ball. Wall isn't a shooter much, and also needs the ball.  Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

FML Wall is out tomorrow.  I can't believe how crappy my luck is this year.  

Edited by MWon
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's definitely a boost for Wall.  It's him, Dipo and EG who would handle the ball, and Wall's the only pure PG.

Just my luck that the one guy who I drafted randomly as a YOLO might actually be a steal (while everyone else sucks).  Now for him to actually get back on the court ...

3 hours ago, jowell77 said:

If Houston doing badly and missing the playoffs pretty early, this guy gonna get shut down right?

Nope. If he's healthy he plays

lol, Wall out again.

Man, I think we all expected him to break down, but I never imagined it'd be that fast.  Too bad too, this would've been a great time to see what he does without Harden AND Dipo.  If the latter gets moved to Miami or something for whatever reason, Wall's gonna ball (unless he gets run down due to the amount of minutes he plays ... and then we all look at Tate and Brown and cry about what this season's come to).

18 hours ago, MWon said:

lol, Wall out again.

Man, I think we all expected him to break down, but I never imagined it'd be that fast.  Too bad too, this would've been a great time to see what he does without Harden AND Dipo.  If the latter gets moved to Miami or something for whatever reason, Wall's gonna ball (unless he gets run down due to the amount of minutes he plays ... and then we all look at Tate and Brown and cry about what this season's come to).

Yeah this sucks. Lol

I did not even get a chance to entertain trade offers for him or to sell him to other  managers. Now he is in everyones do not trade in list. In retrospective I should have been aggressive after two first games. Had Bertans on the table for him or at least got that vibe when talking to one manager. Well, at least the Harden trade happened so there is potential for good stats when healthy.

Dude complained that Harden gave up on his team, but Harden's actually playing with the Nets (and playing well) while Wall's playing like he did last year.  If I could choose between an out-of-service Wall ROS or the headache that is Kyrie, I'd probably go with the latter too.  No wonder Dipo wants out already. 

2 hours ago, MWon said:

Dude complained that Harden gave up on his team, but Harden's actually playing with the Nets (and playing well) while Wall's playing like he did last year.  If I could choose between an out-of-service Wall ROS or the headache that is Kyrie, I'd probably go with the latter too.  No wonder Dipo wants out already. 

Yes. Being injured and forcing your way out of a team by throwing everyone under the bus is the same thing. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Yes. Being injured and forcing your way out of a team by throwing everyone under the bus is the same thing. 

I know, I know.  Let me vent ... this season's been pretty tough.

6 hours ago, MWon said:

I know, I know.  Let me vent ... this season's been pretty tough.

It’s been pretty rough for 90% of people. COVID is absolutely brutal for fantasy basketball thus far. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/spacecityscoop.com/2021/01/19/houston-rockets-whats-going-on-with-john-wall/amp/

“From what I can tell, Wall has pain around his knee cap. It’s either knee cap pain or tendinitis. This is truly day-to-day and happened, in this case, because he was playing too many minutes.

When you aren’t in shape after a long layoff you put excess strain on tendons and bones

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, affliction said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/spacecityscoop.com/2021/01/19/houston-rockets-whats-going-on-with-john-wall/amp/

“From what I can tell, Wall has pain around his knee cap. It’s either knee cap pain or tendinitis. This is truly day-to-day and happened, in this case, because he was playing too many minutes.

When you aren’t in shape after a long layoff you put excess strain on tendons and bones

He’s been rehabbing for like 2 years and was healthy before the bubble started. He’s had time to build up his musculoskeletal system... 

He can train and rehab all he wants but it's not the same as playing.  The fact is he's got a massive amount of wear and tear on his body and is at an age where he isn't going to bounce back like he used to. 

He's incredibly worn down and has more or less completely busted legs.  There are a few podcasts and interviews with Wall before the season started where he talked about how he was essentially mismanaged throughout his early career (partly his own fault) and the ramifications of not taking his long term health seriously.  He couldn't bend his leg properly to sit down because his knee had become so bad.  Having one bad leg then gave him hip and back issues.  Surgery and rehab can fix you but you're almost never as good as your pre-injured self.  Wall's had something like 6 lower limb surgeries.

He says he's much healthier and in better condition now but he's probably at a point of being incapable of being able to handle the schedule of playing every game.  I'd be surprised if he plays in b2b's again this season.