NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bleday/Liberatore for Olson?

The question is really: "how do you think Olson will perform in 2021?"

If he repeats his 2020 season, definitely not.

If he returns to 2018 or 2019 form, different story.

It seems like he is due for some positive regression (2020 BABIP .227 vs his career BABIP .277). But...his K rate is up (from 25.2% in 2019 to 31.4% in 2020) along with a declining exit velocity (93.3 in 2018, 92.8 in 2019, 92.3 in 2020).

I feel pretty confident in my evaluation of Bleday and Liberatore, but feel free to discuss those too I guess. Let me know what you think!

It would be really nice to see your team and know if you will be a contender next season.

Bleday and Libby are unlikely to be up until sometime in 2022 at the earliest so if you feel like Olsen is a guy that would help you win the league within the next two years than I would say yes, but if you do not then I would say no. 

33 minutes ago, thatguy725 said:

It would be really nice to see your team and know if you will be a contender next season.

Bleday and Libby are unlikely to be up until sometime in 2022 at the earliest so if you feel like Olsen is a guy that would help you win the league within the next two years than I would say yes, but if you do not then I would say no. 

I won the league last year with JRamirez, Story, Machado, Frazier, Verdugo, THernandez, Degrom, Keuchel, and Burnes. It feels more like a roster that got hot at the right time rather than the best team up and down, but hey, first place is first place.

The rising K rate scares me the most so I'm just not sure how to feel about him. He could be a buy-low or he could be a bust. I'm guessing Bleday and Libby will debut in 2021 but either on the bench or in bullpen roles. 2022 is hopefully when they secure starting spots. Another option is Kirby/Liberatore for Olson, but with Degrom and Keuchel both age 32, I can't afford to give up my only two pitching prospects.

• 3 weeks later...

First off, are you getting Olson or are you getting the prospects?  If you are trading FOR Olson, then with the team you have I would absolutely do that trade.  1B is all of a sudden pretty weak, and to get one of the younger ones with good power with a team that just finished 1st is a great move.  Bleday/Liberatore are just prospects, and arent guarantees.  Without the juiced ball of 2019, I think power is gonna be harder to come by.  So IMO, If you are getting Olson, then YES.  If trading away Olson for prospects, NO WAY.

Win Now

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did the deal. Tried to make it happen without giving up Bleday, but the more I read up on Olson, the more I trust him. Was also offered Flaherty for Verdugo Kirby Ramos but I'm super high on Kirby and that trade would leave me with only Beer and India in a league requiring 6 prospects.