NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is crazy. It's James Harden. Trade for Zach Lavine? What in the world...

Posted Images

If Harden gets traded AD will become the consensus no.1 pick imo. I think he will still be top 6, but he won't have as many of these insane games like he had in HOU. He'll probably top out at like 26-28 PPG which is still elite. I love Harden so this is kind of a blow to me. If I get a pick between 1-3 I would have to really think about who to get now.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

If Harden gets traded AD will become the consensus no.1 pick imo. I think he will still be top 6, but he won't have as many of these insane games like he had in HOU. He'll probably top out at like 26-28 PPG which is still elite. I love Harden so this is kind of a blow to me. If I get a pick between 1-3 I would have to really think about who to get now.

Yeah everything you said here sounds about like what I am thinking. Even if it somehow isn't Brooklyn (you have to assume they are going to get this done as of now) it's going to be very different if he's moving to a contending team. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

If Harden is traded im looking around 7-10 not 1-3.

Well that's what i'm kinda saying. If I get a pick between 1-3 I would had to draft another player, and since i'm not a big fan of AD it'd be hard for me to choose (maaybe Dame or KAT). If Harden is still on the board at 7-10 its a no brainer.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

If Harden goes to the Nets, are Harden, Durant, and Irving all around 7 to 12 pick players?

Irving and Harden; Yes. Durant; no. Rest days and coming off Achilles injury. I dont even have him Top 12 on my list.

Correction: Right now I have, Harden 1, Durant 13 and Irving 19. If Harden does get traded, Harden goes down to 8ish, Durant to 19 and maybe Irving 16.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers
  • Like 1

I know this isn’t the Nets thread but KD, Kyrie and Harden is gonna be so toxic. Sure it will be fun to watch but this is gonna be hella toxic. Unless all three change their game and buy into a system (mainly Kyrie and Harden), they won’t win anything. Hero ball works in the regular season, it gets exposed in the postseason.

• Like 1
Just now, RedRaider27 said:

I know this isn’t the Nets thread but KD, Kyrie and Harden is gonna be so toxic. Sure it will be fun to watch but this is gonna be hella toxic. Unless all three change their game and buy into a system (mainly Kyrie and Harden), they won’t win anything. Hero ball works in the regular season, it gets exposed in the postseason.

C'mon the coach is Steve Nash with the assistant coach being D'antoni. It will be endless fast breaks and lob city with JA or DJ.

• Like 2

I haven’t checked the cap situation for Brooklyn but by acquiring Harden and still having Kyrie and KD on the books with max contracts, aren’t they gonna have to trade off just about everyone else not making the minimum? I just don’t see it working out, too much bipolar depression on one team.

36 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

I haven’t checked the cap situation for Brooklyn but by acquiring Harden and still having Kyrie and KD on the books with max contracts, aren’t they gonna have to trade off just about everyone else not making the minimum? I just don’t see it working out, too much bipolar depression on one team.

Third team would have to be involved most likely but this trade would literally shuffle the 1st round of drafts lol. 

I would still have Harden top 3-5 in 8 cat and consider him starting at pick 5 in 9 cat if he goes to the Nets...he's not exactly playing with two guys that are the pillars of health and if anything, Harden going to the Nets affects Kyrie's fantasy value the most IMO.  If Harden goes to the Nets, I think he's 27/5/7 with 1.5 steals and 3.5 threes a game while also plus to double plus in value in FTs and those are top 5 numbers still.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

Difference between the two is Harden probably gets traded to a contender, Westbrook probably gets traded to a trash team.

AAAAAahahahhaha so true man. Russ only cares about his stats. 

8 hours ago, Stefan said:

AAAAAahahahhaha so true man. Russ only cares about his stats. 

I feel like this was a shot at my post. I didn’t mean it in a negative way towards Westbrook, just that he’ll get traded to a non-contender IMO. I know Russ cares about winning but if he ever wants to win he’ll have to change his game. 

On 11/16/2020 at 10:57 PM, DezedandConfused said:

Third team would have to be involved most likely but this trade would literally shuffle the 1st round of drafts lol. 

A third team won't need to be involved actually. Trading Dinwiddie, Levert, Allen, and then throwing in Prince in the deal brings their total to 44 mil. Harden's contract is 41.5 mil, so Houston can throw in a bum like Cris Clemons 1.5 mil contract to make it 43 mil for 44 mil. There's other ways to make this deal happen with Deandre's contract too, but this would probably better for Houston.

7 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

I feel like this was a shot at my post. I didn’t mean it in a negative way towards Westbrook, just that he’ll get traded to a non-contender IMO. I know Russ cares about winning but if he ever wants to win he’ll have to change his game. 

IDK man if Russ cares about winning. There was a report saying it's most important to him to go on a team where he'll be "the main guy". Thus Charlotte and Knicks.

Edited by Stefan
6 hours ago, Stefan said:

IDK man if Russ cares about winning. There was a report saying it's most important to him to go on a team where he'll be "the main guy". Thus Charlotte and Knicks.

I think he does. And I don’t really buy that report. Russ has had his own team before and I think he realizes by now he needs help. What he might not realize is that in order for him to be a key piece on a real contender, he has to change his game. But at this point, it’s probably too late for that, and teams see that now. Which is why I don’t see him getting traded to a contender with that contract. Washington or Charlotte or somewhere like that is probably where he ends up. 

On 11/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, RedRaider27 said:

I think he does. And I don’t really buy that report. Russ has had his own team before and I think he realizes by now he needs help. What he might not realize is that in order for him to be a key piece on a real contender, he has to change his game. But at this point, it’s probably too late for that, and teams see that now. Which is why I don’t see him getting traded to a contender with that contract. Washington or Charlotte or somewhere like that is probably where he ends up. 

I agree. I think Harden's game is more moldable. He would be better able to adapt to playing with two other stars because he brings a diverse offensive game to the table. The only question is his defense.  Russ is a winner.  The problem is that he can play outside of his strengths when he feels he needs to make something happen. 

It will be easier to find a buyer for Harden in the trade market.  Although if I were Houston, I would be looking for a King's ransom. Russ would be a nice add for Washington if they could convince the Wizards to trade Wall. 

To be honest, I would be less worried about where Harden or Russ's heads are than I would KD or Kyrie. 

I think Russ is the kind of player to have his shine right now and be the man then when he’s no longer capable to ring chase. He’s so ball dominant that he knows his style of play won’t bring him a championship but he loves his stats. He’s that 2k player that would be up by 30 points with 5 seconds left in the game and he runs to try and get off a 3 point shot. Had Harden and Durant won a ring maybe he would take winning more seriously because he would be the odd man out from that okc finals team but Durant hurting his legacy going to the warriors and harden repeated playoff meltdowns has me convinced as long as he has a ring on his resume even as a 40 year old bench player he doesn’t care.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • tonycpsu changed the title to James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook