NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook

31 minutes ago, brosephd said:

added celtics and blazers to his destination. blazers should consider if they can build a package around mccollum. but idk about hardens fantasy value with lillard. i mean he played with westbrook so he'll get his regardless. 

lol players have  too much power now, he still has 3 more years left on his contract, the third being player option. 

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is crazy. It's James Harden. Trade for Zach Lavine? What in the world...

Posted Images

It’s kind of amusing watching Harden continue to do himself no favors in regards to achieving his self-imposed goal of moving on to a new team. They gave him the keys to the car in Houston and he was content doing donuts in the parking lot. Then he gets bored and decides he wants out, and hilariously demands the only team he’s going to is BKN because they’re new and shiny with Kyrie and KD teaming up. He gives himself a lot of negative media attention by partying and reporting late to camp and whatnot, and now every front office that was thinking of dealing for him has to account for another potential negative impact to their organization in their calculations. It’s like he watched Kawhi demand a trade and win a ring, and then AD demand a trade and win a ring, and thought “hey I can do that too” but then just completely skipped the final chapter of the lesson, which is essentially “this is business, don’t be more of an a** than you need to be”.

20 minutes ago, misterj said:

It’s kind of amusing watching Harden continue to do himself no favors in regards to achieving his self-imposed goal of moving on to a new team. They gave him the keys to the car in Houston and he was content doing donuts in the parking lot. Then he gets bored and decides he wants out, and hilariously demands the only team he’s going to is BKN because they’re new and shiny with Kyrie and KD teaming up. He gives himself a lot of negative media attention by partying and reporting late to camp and whatnot, and now every front office that was thinking of dealing for him has to account for another potential negative impact to their organization in their calculations. It’s like he watched Kawhi demand a trade and win a ring, and then AD demand a trade and win a ring, and thought “hey I can do that too” but then just completely skipped the final chapter of the lesson, which is essentially “this is business, don’t be more of an a** than you need to be”.

Going to a strip club pales in comparison to sitting out a whole season with a fake injury because you refuse to play. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Going to a strip club pales in comparison to sitting out a whole season with a fake injury because you refuse to play. 

I had a different understanding of the Kawhi situation but I’m just some guy who was reading reports on the internet. For all I know you’re right and Kawhi was being equally as brat-like as Harden is coming across as. I still don’t think Harden is doing himself any favors here though.

1 minute ago, misterj said:

I had a different understanding of the Kawhi situation but I’m just some guy who was reading reports on the internet. For all I know you’re right and Kawhi was being equally as brat-like as Harden is coming across as. I still don’t think Harden is doing himself any favors here though.

Zero argument with your last statement. As I think everyone is in complete agreement with that. 

It's new NBA though where players F over franchises on the reg. Harden will probably get to wherever he goes for a couple protected first rounders, couple pick swaps, and some trash contracts. 

4 hours ago, brosephd said:

added celtics and blazers to his destination. blazers should consider if they can build a package around mccollum. but idk about hardens fantasy value with lillard. i mean he played with westbrook so he'll get his regardless. 

No chance celtics trade for this wanker. We learned our lesson with Kyrie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Knicks would be a good spot for him. He goes to the East. Knicks can trade Knox, Randle, Robinson, Ntilikina and Smith Jr while still keeping Barrett, Quickley, Toppin and Noel. That's good enough for playoff contention in the East. Knicks can go get Kawhi or another star next offseason and the Rockets free up cap space for next offseason. (A MitchRob-Wood front court is a solid young pairing)

• Haha 1

Harden could see the decline of the Rockets and wants out. He can't do it by himself. Plus he just turned 30. That's not old but he did wear down a little last year.

I just think he wants to win and would be happy playing 2nd fiddle to Lillard or wherever he goes.

Have you looked at the Houston roster ? Nobody could win with those bums. Even if Wall plays like 3 years ago which I doubt......They gave away their 3d best player in Covington. There is no plan in Houston from what I can see.......Go ahead and look at that roster and make a case for a .500 season. Ain't no way.

Fantasy wise for Houston - There is a good chance Caboclo starts and plays close to 30 minute per game. They don't have anybody. And the Over/Under is 34.5 wins the last time I looked.....Take the Under.

50 minutes ago, fachowski said:

The Knicks would be a good spot for him. He goes to the East. Knicks can trade Knox, Randle, Robinson, Ntilikina and Smith Jr while still keeping Barrett, Quickley, Toppin and Noel. That's good enough for playoff contention in the East. Knicks can go get Kawhi or another star next offseason and the Rockets free up cap space for next offseason. (A MitchRob-Wood front court is a solid young pairing)

I’m a Knick fan, I would cry tears of joy if we got Harden, but there’s absolutely no chance he wants to or he will come to us lol. 

24 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Open all the clubs and just let everybody get it already, so we can have herd immunity.  The old people are gonna die anyway.  Don't know why the players have to quarantine anyway, they are young and it's like getting a mild case of the flu and who cares if they spread it and kill off the old people. 

Yeah just ask KAT who lost 6 family members and his mother 🙄

• Thanks 3

Is it just me or is it going to be hilarious that Houston will be featuring the star that does not want to be there in Harden tomorrow (and maybe 2 following games). 

While the guys like Wall and Cousins that want to play are sitting because they made a poor decision when getting a haircut. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Is it just me or is it going to be hilarious that Houston will be featuring the star that does not want to be there in Harden tomorrow (and maybe 2 following games). 

While the guys like Wall and Cousins that want to play are sitting because they made a poor decision when getting a haircut. 

No it’s not just you. We’ve all been laughing since yesterday but welcome aboard. 

• Haha 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook