NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook

28 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

whatever happens hes a bust this year. is he magically going to lose 25 pounds during the season? its still relatively a long season with 72 games grind. how many stellar games can he really have

His weight and conditioning has nothing to do with the dip in his production. He's fine. He scored 44 pts, 17 ast the first game, scored 28 pts in the first half of the next game and didn't do much in the second half cause it was a blowout. Scored 33 pts in his third game. He then came to the realization that the team isn't good enough. It's clear that he's not putting in the effort now. He'll be fine once he gets traded. 

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is crazy. It's James Harden. Trade for Zach Lavine? What in the world...

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

His weight and conditioning has nothing to do with the dip in his production. He's fine. He scored 44 pts, 17 ast the first game, scored 28 pts in the first half of the next game and didn't do much in the second half cause it was a blowout. Scored 33 pts in his third game. He then came to the realization that the team isn't good enough. It's clear that he's not putting in the effort now. He'll be fine once he gets traded. 

can we confidently say he can produce like he used to with the added weight throughout he year though? a handful of games fine but i dont know long term.

36 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yeah I agree in principle that if he doesn't want to play in this style, he has the right to want to go somewhere else. Doesn't change the fact that he's still half-assing it and creating a pretty crappy locker room environment by saying his teammates aren't good enough in public. That's not a good look no matter how you slice it. 

Best course of action for everyone would be to have him traded ASAP I guess

I agree bro. Regardless of situation you are under contract and expected to do your job. Harden needs to understand that he has no leverage and is tanking his value 

It seems like the Nets are willing to go all in. Honestly, if HOU can get LeVert, Allen, and like Harris + a bunch of picks they should take it. 

Simmons is one of the most overrated players in the entire league (if not most overrated) and he doesn't work with Wall. Kyrie is an absolute cancer and I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Wall actually looks to be back but Harden is killing him with his current play. A starting 5 of Wall, LeVert, Harris, Wood, and Allen with Tucker, Gordon, and Cousins off the bench is honestly a pretty damn good team. Still a playoff team and with a bunch of picks it can setup HOU pretty nice for the future. The Nets are killing their depth a bit but i'm sure they're fine with Durant, Kyrie, and Harden if they feel like Kyrie will be back.

10 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

can we confidently say he can produce like he used to with the added weight throughout he year though? a handful of games fine but i dont know long term.

I don't even know if he even added weight (or added as much as some believe). It seems like it's all grossly exaggerated by the media. I saw some training videos from last month and he looked.. the same as always. A lot of these images captured on tv are skewed by angles and perspective. 

That being said, there were some cracks in his game in the second half of last season where he had some unusual duds and I think fatigue had a lot to do with it. We'll see what happens though. This season has been so ****** already we just gotta buckle up and brace for whatever happens next.

23 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I agree bro. Regardless of situation you are under contract and expected to do your job. Harden needs to understand that he has no leverage and is tanking his value 

Tanking his value? Lol everybody knows who Harden is when he is committed and locked in.

• Like 3

I think harden needs a new look for sure, i'm not worried about his numbers regressing if he gets traded to BKN or PHILA. Harden @60% and half assing the recent games still provides value and he has nobody really setting him up and creating for him but himself. if he had kyrie & KD at the helm it would be much easier for him to operate with all those offensive weapons on his team and i think he'll probably be more efficient if thats the case. same goes if he gets dealt to phili cause ben simmons can actually create for him as well on top of him being able to create for himself.

30+ ppg for 3 straight years causes a different type of wear & tear to the body & 8+ years with the franchise barley missing any games, for sure, james harden is TIRED.

I actually think a trade will be beneficial in this situation it wont be the fantasy goldmine H-town was for him the past 3 seasons, but THIS MAN is a competitor he will try his best to prove EVERYONE wrong if he gets dealt!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Would you try to trade for him right now? Would Nets or Philly be a good fit?

Nets would be like Miami Heat 2010-2013.

Three Superstars, no bench so one of them will fall off or have to help the second unit.

Philly would be great it will just be him and Embiid with a bunch of shooters (Seth, Tobias Harris and Danny Green)

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers
11 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

giphy.gif

I would LOVE to see Harden in the nets for the pure drama of him with Irving.

What does the trade look like though? Something similar to this but with some 3rd team involved?

Caris LeVert, Taurean Prince, Jarrett Allen, Rodions Kurucs and two first round picks + two pick swaps

for

Harden

Tanks LeVert, and Jarrett Allen's value

Edited by rob0403
9 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Tanking his value? Lol everybody knows who Harden is when he is committed and locked in.

Lol teams wont match what Rockets want knowing how toxic the situation is. Keep that same energy clippers fan

3 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

If it's the Nets i'm hoping to god Kyrie is going the other way.

i agree.. but i don't see it. most likely it's a package around levert, allen and multiple picks

i mean.. whats the best case scenario in new jersey with durant + irving on the team? is he getting more shots then right now in houston? or better stats?

i dont think so

Edited by G.O.B.
7 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lol teams wont match what Rockets want knowing how toxic the situation is. Keep that same energy clippers fan

Jeez you are really hung up on me being a Clippers fan just randomly. That’s weird but fascinating!

1 minute ago, squidthunder said:

so - for us owners, where would you want him to go? I guess I'd lean to Philly

Why Philly, he'd have more usage in Brooklyn, especially with Kyrie's return questionable.

Edited by DezedandConfused