NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook

Just now, sharkpotato said:

Definitely Philly.

I'm feeling too many ball dominant guys on the Nets to make it work. My only worry is that the Nets are scared with Kyrie being such a flake

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is crazy. It's James Harden. Trade for Zach Lavine? What in the world...

Posted Images

Wall's value about the same, might be needed to score more/get assists less

Maxey will be a starter at SG, his value up (from before these Covid starts)

Embiid scoring will go down a touch.

The sharps will see that Harris & Seth Curry, two guys in the top 40 of 9-cat, will take a hit because going from 12pts Simmons to 30pts Harden sucks the points from somebody.

• Like 2
Just now, squidthunder said:

Last I heard is that Nets are offering 4 future 1st round picks and 3 pick swaps (via Athletic) 

And last I heard Marc Stein came off the top rope on Shams and says Maxey-pad is the offer they are concentrating on. It's all in this thread and the internet. Nothing is hidden.

2 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Wall's value about the same, might be needed to score more/get assists less

Maxey will be a starter at SG, his value up (from before these Covid starts)

Embiid scoring will go down a touch.

The sharps will see that Harris & Seth Curry, two guys in the top 40 of 9-cat, will take a hit because going from 12pts Simmons to 30pts Harden sucks the points from somebody.

If Simmons goes to Houston he's starting alongside Wall. There's no way Maxey starts over either of them. 

I know the situation in Houston is getting toxic and Harden may be forcing management's hand here, but damn these are really the only packages they can get for this dude? Picks plus a fake star like Simmons + Philly's trash spare parts or a fake star like Levert + Brooklyn's mediocre-to-trash spare parts? There are like 15 players I feel they could get in a return that are already better or project to be way better than those guys. MPJ, Brown, Siakam, LaVine, Mitchell.... just to name a few.

4 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

If Simmons goes to Houston he's starting alongside Wall. There's no way Maxey starts over either of them. 

Would Simmons slide into some weird SF role?

4 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

And Simmons can play point guard-ish as the SF. Tucker presumably goes the other way or hits the bench. His defense only old man game isnt needed if Simmons/Maxey comes

Just now, bbythepier said:

And Simmons can play point guard-ish as the SF. Tucker presumably goes the other way or hits the bench. His defense only old man game isnt needed if Simmons/Maxey comes

Yea - I think PJ gets moved as well as some muscle behind Embiid (at 6'4")

I think Him and Embiid is a better pair than him going to the nets with 2 ball dominant stars. Also if Harris wont go, he can be the 3rd star who is non ball dominant and still very good off ball. Team wise and fantasy wise, Harden to Philly is the best. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brown_Mamba said:

I think Him and Embiid is a better pair than him going to the nets with 2 ball dominant stars. Also if Harris wont go, he can be the 3rd star who is non ball dominant and still very good off ball. Team wise and fantasy wise, Harden to Philly is the best. 

I'm 100% on board with this too......

6 minutes ago, QingJames said:

I know the situation in Houston is getting toxic and Harden may be forcing management's hand here, but damn these are really the only packages they can get for this dude?

The dude is scaring off some teams by pouting so yeah, the teams and what they are willing to trade for him are reduced. Not everyone willing to take the risk knowing he could just pout there too if it’s not where he wants to go.

If I were the Rockets, unless they still have playoff aspirations, I wouldn’t trade him until I was ready to. I wouldn’t let him force anything. If he plays halfway and they lose, so be it. Because if he just doesn’t show up, he doesn’t get paid.

Unfortunately, they aren’t doing that. If I had Harden in fantasy, unless Kyrie isn’t playing anymore, I would not want him going to the Nets. The 76ers or Raptors would be ideal. Not sure on how he would be with Jokic and Murray so the Nuggets would be iffy.

2 minutes ago, Wise guy said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but how does this bode for Harris?

Assuming Harris remains on the team and isn’t involved in this trade or a multi-team trade, then he’d jibe well albeit with fewer points as a portion would be siphoned by Harden.

5 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

😂😂😂

Not one **** given

No harden fan here but he actually has a point on that one. After he picked up the dribble he’s obv looking to dish but wall wouldn’t move.

• Like 1