NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is crazy. It's James Harden. Trade for Zach Lavine? What in the world...

Posted Images

It was fun owning him last season but in the second half of the season before COVID a switch flipped and every team starting doubling him every time he touched the ball and his stats took a dip. Just something to consider.

Edited by ILuvABGs
Typo lol
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ILuvABGs said:

It was fun owning him last season but in the second half of the season before COVID a switch flipped and every team starting doubling him every time he touched the ball and his stats took a dip. Just something to consider.

I had him last year and it was frustrating at times. More duds than usual and I was actually worried about his production. I think a lot of it had to do with fatigue as well. He looked worn out in some games. I'm hoping now that he has an actual big man in Woods who can score will alleviate some of the pressure from those double teams.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, MrBean said:

Any thoughts bout Harden's overall fantasy value now that Wall is going to Houston? Mannn... Harden's my first pick in our 20-team H2H 😕

I don't think there's anything to be sad about. It'll stay the same as it did the past couple of years. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MrBean said:

Any thoughts bout Harden's overall fantasy value now that Wall is going to Houston? Mannn... Harden's my first pick in our 20-team H2H 😕

There's no way Wall isn't load managed. I feel like Harden is probably on the way out too, but if not, he will be more valuable than if Westbrook was there.

1 hour ago, MrBean said:

Harden's fantasy value goes up, tbh. Wall is gonna be less of a usage monster than Russ

55 minutes ago, Quazza said:

Don't think it affects his draft stock really, unless he too is being traded (which needs to happen in the next 3 days please as I draft Monday )

I think Harden has plateaued in most categories. The only bump I see for this year is his assists numbers. I can see him getting anywhere between 8.5-10 assists.

5 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

I think Harden has plateaued in most categories. The only bump I see for this year is his assists numbers. I can see him getting anywhere between 8.5-10 assists.

If this is his plateau (and I agree ftr) where should be drafted?

33 minutes ago, Quazza said:

If this is his plateau (and I agree ftr) where should be drafted?

It makes him the clear no 1 pick imo... for now at least. Who knows if he'll get traded. But this is pretty much the perfect situation for him from a fantasy standpoint.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, DM45 said:

No way. There is too much uncertainty heading into the season, its clear he wants out. 

But even if he gets traded, should still provide top 2 value no? For an obvious punt fg/to squad.

13 minutes ago, crocp said:

But even if he gets traded, should still provide top 2 value no? For an obvious punt fg/to squad.

He should still return early 1st round value. Hypothetically if he gets traded to a top heavy team like Brooklyn, he won't have as many crazy 50-60 pt games, but he'll still rack up the points, his stocks won't change, he'll hold steady with 7-8 assists per game and maybe his FG% and TOs improve slightly because of less attention.

• tonycpsu changed the title to James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook