NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is crazy. It's James Harden. Trade for Zach Lavine? What in the world...

Posted Images

Not surprised to seeing him defer to the team’s two superstars in his first game as the new guy in town.  The balance of usage will even out over time (I think).  

What you can count on are there being no more 9/25 shooting nights, since there are other elite options to carry weight when he’s not converting makes.  The otherworldly FT% impact is probably gone for good too, except the games where Kyrie or KD are rested maybe. 

• Like 1

Shout out to the people who mocked me for saying harden had those big numbers without kyrie. 

Obviously he's not going to play like this all the time but I'm sure there will be games or halves where he's taking a back seat. Same with kyrie and kd possibly

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

Think we are going to rarely see those types of games. This is not a good thing for any of the big 3 for their fantasy production

We seriously need to calm down. watch the game. Hes overly deferring. Harden is not gonna go from averaging 36 points per game to under 20. You'll see at least a 20 10 2 season from him.. which is still 1st round talent. Don't trip. lmao

Just now, stickman786 said:

We seriously need to calm down. watch the game. Hes overly deferring. Harden is not gonna go from averaging 36 points per game to under 20. You'll see at least a 20 10 2 season from him.. which is still 1st round talent. Don't trip. lmao

Except this is what people said when Kobe Nash and Dwight were together, same with Wade Bron and Bosh. We are looking at a back end 1st rd guy who was avg the best 2 seasons of fantasy production in history. If there is a top 6 guy you can grab for him id do it in a heartbeat 

He's gone off in the back end of the Nets games so far, no point imploding yet. This stinks of Jimmy Butler in Minnesota when he tried to defer more than score at first...until they weren't winning so he turned it up.

The fact that Cleveland is winning right now means he's not gonna sit back and score nothing forever. RELAX

Edited by apk158
  • Like 1

Not a Harden owner but I own KD and Kyrie in two different leagues. And have watched alot of net games.

Everyone relax. Harden is moreso playing a Dinwiddie role for them. First time playing together, so hes over facilitating. Deferring and is trying to build chemistry by getting to know the flow of their offense and where and when players like to get their shots. He's still trying to find his rhythm and where his shots will come.

Its only game one.

Id say expect 20-23 ppg 10apg high reb at SG position. Better efficiency, turnovers progressively going down as he gets more comfortable.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Except this is what people said when Kobe Nash and Dwight were together, same with Wade Bron and Bosh. We are looking at a back end 1st rd guy who was avg the best 2 seasons of fantasy production in history. If there is a top 6 guy you can grab for him id do it in a heartbeat 

I get what you're saying but they weren't the best seasons in fantasy history. Heck, he's barely in the top 10 of the last 20 years.

16 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

This is not a good thing for any of the big 3 for their fantasy production

Nah KD won't be affected. Steph and Klay didn't stop him from being a consistent top 5 fantasy. He's arguably the best player in the league, let alone the Nets. 

19 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

What? Nash was 40 years old and no one drafted him in the top 5 rounds. Kobe balled the f out. Dwight played through injury and still averaged 18 12. Wade Bron Bosh made sense. NONE of them could shoot. This is more similar to a klay kd steph situation. They all can shoot. And they'll all be 20 point scorers. lol

2 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Nah KD won't be affected. Steph and Klay didn't stop him from being a consistent top 5 fantasy. He's arguably the best player in the league, let alone the Nets. 

I think he'll be the least effected as well but Steph and klay are not kyrie and harden. They aren't iso heavy

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

The warriors and the nets are two different teams. Warriors play selfless, I dont think Kyrie can and thats eveident in his days in Boston and at the end of CLE. Durant will still be high FG% and FT% but those high assist games are long gone. Its capped the upside of these guys on a game to game basis

1 minute ago, hardyharhar said:

I think he'll be the least effected as well but Steph and klay are not kyrie and harden. They aren't iso heavy

True. But they arent bron wade and bosh either... They are alll shooters. Yes, iso heavy. But they can shoot.. it'll take adjustment but that skill alone can make this work. 

50 minutes ago, G.O.B. said:

like i said.. he is gonna be the 3rd best Player on this Team (Fantasy wise)

He'll be the 1st/2nd on total value. Also, any rest days would most likely affect the other two and not Harden. Throughout Kyrie's career, he has missed about 28% of games (536/744 games played). Like others have said, he looked overly passive  looking for teammates in the 1st half, which is natural trying to fit into a new team. We may see the 16-17 version of Harden though where he averaged 29 points/ 8 boards/ 11 assists not the 35+ points version. 

So lets wait like 5 to 10 games to get a better impression of his production. It wont be the norm that Harden takes 14 shots and the other two 25 and 28 (esp Kyrie). Their shot selection will be 18 for Durant and 15 for the other two on average. My prediction is he will still be the best fantasy player on that team (only closely ahead of Durant though) and I expect 29 PTS on 47 % FG, 8 FTA, 3.5 3PM, 7 REB, 9 AST, 2 STL and 0.8 BLK. 

On another note I really think this is sad for fantasy basketball, as the era of Houston Harden is over and so is the time of all this crazy box scores. For years has been the best fantasy player but that title goes now probalby to the Joker, AD or maybe Durant.