NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook

15 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He'll be the 1st/2nd on total value. Also, any rest days would most likely affect the other two and not Harden. Throughout Kyrie's career, he has missed about 28% of games (536/744 games played). Like others have said, he looked overly passive  looking for teammates in the 1st half, which is natural trying to fit into a new team. We may see the 16-17 version of Harden though where he averaged 29 points/ 8 boards/ 11 assists not the 35+ points version. 

I think this is correct. Harden’s destiny here seems to be lower points but higher assists and efficiency. Not a terrible trade off. 

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is crazy. It's James Harden. Trade for Zach Lavine? What in the world...

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

He'll be the 1st/2nd on total value. Also, any rest days would most likely affect the other two and not Harden. Throughout Kyrie's career, he has missed about 28% of games (536/744 games played). Like others have said, he looked overly passive  looking for teammates in the 1st half, which is natural trying to fit into a new team. We may see the 16-17 version of Harden though where he averaged 29 points/ 8 boards/ 11 assists not the 35+ points version. 

hey, i have harden on my team and i god hope that i'm wrong (and will happily eat crow), but i just don't see it.

he is the one who came new to the team and he is playing with two guys who won't defer. yeah his assist numbers will be high, but who the f--- drafted harden for assists? or efficiency?

dont get me wrong.. he is still gonna be good and there gonna be nights where he will explode. but like user over me said: the guy we drafted is gone. and that just sucks. yeah there was always the risk of this happening, but him being traded to the nets was the worst case scenario, it is what it is i guess

• Like 1

It's only 1 game and he's the shy new guy trying not to step on anyone's toes. Just wait for the Beard to unleash again... it'll happen. I think he was trying to keep sooky kyrie happy by feeding him all game. That **** won't last. If Nash wants the most of out them he'll end up staggering them so they'll all eat plenty. Bookmark this.

• Thanks 1

I don't think Harden was deferring but rather, he was getting acclimated with Kyrie and KD. Build chemistry. I am sure he would have taken off if either Kyrie or KD had struggled last night.

7 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

It will be like AD going to Lakers after his supernova seasons in New Orleans, the dropoff will be significant there is no way it won't be playing with KD and Kyrie. They will all be 1st round values but there will be a lot more variance in their lines than normal, less so with KD but more with Kyrie and Harden. 

39 minutes ago, richg24 said:

It will be like AD going to Lakers after his supernova seasons in New Orleans, the dropoff will be significant there is no way it won't be playing with KD and Kyrie. They will all be 1st round values but there will be a lot more variance in their lines than normal, less so with KD but more with Kyrie and Harden. 

AD was still ranked #2 in 9 cat last season.

This is from 2017-18 and 18-19

image.png.581dcd9b034d0732f981d8db1bf4826e.png

image.png.3881634a3699f12caa42ea224bdb5f08.png

This is from last season, the dropoff was not significant.

image.png.ad1a42ac5527511db641cb1c113013b5.png

In less minutes, yes he averaged couple less points and boards, but he also put up + 0.3-0.5 3/g, more FTA/g on higher %, similar stocks/g. 

Like I said before, there will probably be a dropoff in points for Harden he won't be averaging 35+, but he'll make up for it with increase in his other peripheral stats.

5 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

19 pts w/o KD... is it time to panic? 

Its like I said in the Kyrie Irving thread, theres no way Kyrie is gonna defer to Harden if anything hes gonna tell Harden you got traded here cause KD and I wanted you, I am not sacrificing my shots. Obviously Harden is much better than this because I swear in the 4th quarter Irving took like 20 shots while Harden took like 3 so I would say no its not time to panic.

14 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

I’m enjoying the assists but i drafted him for his 3point shooting and points.

Doesnt help that the Nets say they are fine with him not shooting the ball because hes observing the entire court looking for the best play.

This dude is not aggressive at all. It’s fine to get others involved but you shouldn’t just stop being aggressive. He’s playing like Lonzo ball out there. It’s shocking to see

• Like 1
On 1/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, nospmoht04 said:

True, I bet he averages  22 minutes, 14 pts,4 asts, 3 rbs with kyrie

On 1/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, DezedandConfused said:

Yeah and Joe Harris has 14 points on 9 shots at the half, when he averages 10 per game this season. They're gonna stagger minutes between Kyrie and Harden.

On 1/16/2021 at 4:26 PM, crocp said:

Ya, he’s a scrub. Once Kyrie comes back harden gonna be averaging 4/4/3 

🤡

This is why I don't take fantasy people's opinions seriously. Can't believe you guys thought having kyrie coming back wouldn't effect harden. Literally just watching box scores

Edited by hardyharhar