NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook

5 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

This is why I don't take fantasy people's opinions seriously. Can't believe you guys thought having kyrie coming back wouldn't effect harden. Literally just watching box scores

Not that I'm on board with the doom and gloom takes that his season is bust, if you actually watched the game you'd see he's been passive on the floor whether Kyrie is there or not. He's being deliberately unselfish to a detriment.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is crazy. It's James Harden. Trade for Zach Lavine? What in the world...

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

This is why I don't take fantasy people's opinions seriously. Can't believe you guys thought having kyrie coming back wouldn't effect harden. Literally just watching box scores

Never said it wouldn't affect Harden, I said his points would go down but his peripheral stats would see increase (boards, assists). Also, Harden has one bad shooting night and you come here acting like you know **** lol. 

16 minutes ago, apk158 said:

Not that I'm on board with the doom and gloom takes that his season is bust, if you actually watched the game you'd see he's been passive on the floor whether Kyrie is there or not. He's being deliberately unselfish to a detriment.

Yes I know he's been passive. That was my point when I said kyrie wasn't there his first 2 games. One of them is going to have to defer at moments.

13 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Never said it wouldn't affect Harden, I said his points would go down but his peripheral stats would see increase (boards, assists). Also, Harden has one bad shooting night and you come here acting like you know **** lol. 

You seemed to imply it when you went against my post when all I said was "this is without kyrie". Don't back track now lol

• Like 1

Harden will be fine. He’s one of the best in the game for a reason. Right now he’s way too passive but nash is giving him full control of second unit in beginning of 2nd and 4th quarter with KD/Kyrie on bench. He will learn quickly this is his time to eat and will be aggressive. If you can buy low, now is the time.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brown_Mamba said:

On a positve note, the Nets does not look good with harden being passive. Something has to change. 

Well somebody has to sacrifice scoring? Who should it be?

I think we are in trouble folks. There is only one ball; Harden seems to be making it his priority to be a point guard and facilitator for  Kyrie and Durant. We knew at least one the three had to sacrifice their numbers, unfortunately for us, it seems to be Harden who will suffer.

• Thanks 1

Kyrie has always been a major irritant. Just hated the way he snubs his nose at people he views as inferior (aka most of the general public). His impact on Harden and my fantasy team has made it personal now .....*

*This latter part is clearly a joke btw

Edited by justaguy
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

If you ever wanted to snap up some James Harden shares, guess now's a good time...

and what would harden owners expect in return? cause you arent getting a first rounder. Second rounder sure.

4 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Well somebody has to sacrifice scoring? Who should it be?

That is Nash's problem. If they want to win a chip, this version of Harden is not the way. They barely won against the depleted Heat lineup and lost twice against the Cavs. They are suppose to be dominating these teams on paper. 

I do believe it can't get any worse than the Harden we saw the last 3 games. He should only get better as the season progress.

23 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

and what would harden owners expect in return? cause you arent getting a first rounder. Second rounder sure.

Tonight I offered Harden for Vuc, and then for Beal. Both were rejected lol.

• Haha 2

you all wouldn't listen 🤷‍♂️

this is not his team and it will never be. 3rd best player on the nets (again.. fantasy wise).

yes, he won't take just 8 shots and be so passive all the time, but he will not be close to the player he was the past year.

5 hours ago, Brown_Mamba said:

That is Nash's problem. If they want to win a chip, this version of Harden is not the way. They barely won against the depleted Heat lineup and lost twice against the Cavs. They are suppose to be dominating these teams on paper. 

I do believe it can't get any worse than the Harden we saw the last 3 games. He should only get better as the season progress.

they barely won because they play god awful defense. scoring wasn't the problem in those games.

and i don't know if the best way to engage kyrie to play defense is to take away his shots.

13 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

Bro I was being sarcastic

Edit:  I see what you're saying now, I read that fast.  I was being hyperbolic and making a joke out of it.  I never said Harden wouldn't be effected at all going there, just cracking jokes on the people that panic all the time.  

And no, I don't "literally" just watch box scores.

Edited by nospmoht04
12 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

Yes I know he's been passive. That was my point when I said kyrie wasn't there his first 2 games. One of them is going to have to defer at moments.

You seemed to imply it when you went against my post when all I said was "this is without kyrie". Don't back track now lol

Who said he wouldn't be affected by kyrie? Thats literally a dumb take. What i dont get is people jumping the gun and suddenly thinking hes a 14 point per game scorer. Hes going to go from a 36 ppg scorer.. to a 25-26 ppg scorer. 26 ppg 10-11 apg is still a first round talent. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Tonight I offered Harden for Vuc, and then for Beal. Both were rejected lol.

I offered Harden for Tatum and was swiftly rejected. If you can get any top-10 guy for Harden, you do it... but from my experience, I haven't been able to have any luck moving him for a top-10 guy

Edited by NoHablaIngles