NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is crazy. It's James Harden. Trade for Zach Lavine? What in the world...

Posted Images

Oh boy, now I can't sleep at night. I took him at the 3rd pick, couldn't let myself pass on that position. But now I am worried my first pick won't even play or maybe play limited games/minutes like what happened to AD before. Ha ha. I don't mind him getting traded and not being the Alpha on that team, as long as he plays. LOL.

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, rain077 said:

Oh boy, now I can't sleep at night. I took him at the 3rd pick, couldn't let myself pass on that position. But now I am worried my first pick won't even play or maybe play limited games/minutes like what happened to AD before. Ha ha. I don't mind him getting traded and not being the Alpha on that team, as long as he plays. LOL.

I kinda get the AD comparison but there's one major difference: New Orleans was clearly trying to protect his value by limiting the risk of injury cause he's made out of glass. Harden is just flat out durable with no history of long term/serious injuries and will more or less play his normal amount of minutes.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 2

People need to chill and breathe. He’s tight with Wall and Cousins and Rockets got better by simply signing actual centers, getting rid of that bum MDA and trading the awful fit that was Russ. Things will be fine stay positive 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

I kinda get the AD comparison but there's one major difference: New Orleans was clearly trying to protect his value by limiting the risk of injury cause he's made out of glass. Harden is just flat out durable with no history of long term/serious injuries and will more or less play his normal amount of minutes.

Point taken. Hope things do play out well. 

Edited by rain077
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

People need to chill and breathe. He’s tight with Wall and Cousins and Rockets got better by simply signing actual centers, getting rid of that bum MDA and trading the awful fit that was Russ. Things will be fine stay positive 

Hope you're right...hoping to snatch this guy at #2 as I know #1 guy is taking AD.

48 minutes ago, L3onD said:

multiple sources say there is an offer on the table for harden and ben is included in the deal

philly would be a great fit for him

Yeah? can you post a link...last I saw said they would not include Ben...If I am Philly I'd trade Ben for Harden in a heartbeat. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Post the sources. Or is this Chris Broussard

i saw it on sideline sources on fb, may not be so credible but still highly believable...i’d trade ben for harden in a heartbeat, philly’s going nowhere currently, they need harden and harden needs them

9 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Anybody think his production dips or his he’s less on-ball under a new coach?  I was just in a draft where he dropped to 5th.

I'm not worried about the coach, I think with any coach he'll still produce a lot on the Rockets team. My concern is the trade drama. There's a chance he might sit out games or be traded to a team where he'll produce less. Right now I think I will still take him if I get the #1 pick but there's more question marks now. I still prefer him to AD because of AD's rest/injury risk.

2 hours ago, Taipan said:

Anybody think his production dips or his he’s less on-ball under a new coach?  I was just in a draft where he dropped to 5th.

This is like the ideal scenario for Harden lovers. You want others to worry so he drops to you. I think he's still going to produce elite numbers (and be the clear no.1 fantasy player again) unless he gets traded to somewhere like Brooklyn where even then he'll still be a top 5-6 guy (so the upside is not completely lost). He'll be great in a team like Philly. Basically, he put up elite numbers even with the ultimate usage monster Westbrook playing beside him last season. There's no reason why his production would fall off if he's playing beside another star/all-star player on another team. I think the concern is a little overblown, but i'm not complaining.

Edited by sharkpotato
25 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

This is like the ideal scenario for Harden lovers. You want others to worry so he drops to you. I think he's still going to produce elite numbers (and be the clear no.1 fantasy player again) unless he gets traded to somewhere like Brooklyn where even then he'll still be a top 5-6 guy (so the upside is not completely lost). He'll be great in a team like Philly. Basically, he put up elite numbers even with the ultimate usage monster Westbrook playing beside him last season. There's no reason why his production would fall off if he's playing beside another star/all-star player on another team. I think the concern is a little overblown, but i'm not complaining.

This! I agree! Got him for $77 in my auction when he usually goes $85 or so. Feel like I stole something. 

11 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

With all the uncertainty surrounding him, you could take him #1, but why not just take Luka?

Why would you take Luke in a 9 cat league over AD or Harden? 

Luka is good for the popcorn stats...but wont win you FT% like Harden will weekly (Luka will actually probably lose you FT%)...his FG% is nothing spectaular...no steals or blocks...and 3's less than Harden....but just as many TO...

I can see the appeal in Luka as a 3rd or 4th pick (personally i would still take Giannis, KAT or Steph) over him...but in 9 cat, i dont see why people think he can go from 25th ish or so last year to top 3 this year...via what avenue?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 12/13/2020 at 12:09 PM, Taipan said:

He also fell to #5 in my draft. I had #3 and was seriously considering him but ultimately went with AD because I fear a Brooklyn trade is in the mix. Might ultimately regret that at the end of the day, we'll see.

30 minutes ago, crocp said:

Why would you take Luke in a 9 cat league over AD or Harden? 

Luka is good for the popcorn stats...but wont win you FT% like Harden will weekly (Luka will actually probably lose you FT%)...his FG% is nothing spectaular...no steals or blocks...and 3's less than Harden....but just as many TO...

I can see the appeal in Luka as a 3rd or 4th pick (personally i would still take Giannis, KAT or Steph) over him...but in 9 cat, i dont see why people think he can go from 25th ish or so last year to top 3 this year...via what avenue?

Because you know what a Rick Carlisle; Luka Doncic led team will lead you to. You don’t know what a John Wall;New Coach, New GM, Harden still hasn’t practiced with team. What will that look like?

3 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Because you know what a Rick Carlisle; Luka Doncic led team will lead you to. You don’t know what a John Wall;New Coach, New GM, Harden still hasn’t practiced with team. What will that look like?

What will Luka lead you to in H2H 9 cat? You expect a jump from a 2nd round player to a top 2 guy in the whole league? Not a chance...

Just like Giannis, too many holes in his game (bad ft% on high volume, TO high, low steals and no blocks) to ever be a top 2 or 3 guy in 9 cat.

The difference with Harden, is he is ELITE in points, 3's and FT's which is why he was ranked top 2, 3 years in a row now. 

Edit: I am not arguing that he cant be a top 2 or 3 guy in the NBA this year...he def can and might...I mean for fantasy and specifically 9 cat.

Edited by crocp
  • Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook