NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is crazy. It's James Harden. Trade for Zach Lavine? What in the world...

Posted Images

Guys, Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D. is never wrong, way better than Shams. My original analysis had Harden out for 2-4 weeks, but with this rush back it's looking more like 3-5 weeks. There's a good chance he misses fantasy playoffs, but still could make it back in time for the Championship round. Nets training staff likely to be extra patient with this hamstring injury. Good news is he will be well rested and ready to go absolutely nuts in the actual playoffs for his first potential title run.

• Thanks 1

I have faith Harden can make it back in 3 weeks, but it's not looking good so far. That would mark his earliest potential return around the second round of fantasy playoffs. Until then Harden owners are going to have to plan wisely to replace his production for at least the first few rounds of fantasy playoffs.

My playoffs start April 26. Got to try and shoot for a first round bye and hope the fantasy basketball gods get Harden healthy.

Currently sending Nash a DM if it wants to take my hamstring 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Something fishy in Brooklyn. What a coincidence when Harden gets hurt KD is suddenly back

Harden did come off a hamstring injury so very realistic to aggravate it again. Being the warrior that he is, I highly doubt he would agree to an injury excuse to rest. It would make sense for the Nets to roll out Kyrie, KD and Harden to refine their chemistry and play before playoffs.

On a side note, Covid and safety protocols aside, this season has been marred with more injuries than I can remember.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Harden did come off a hamstring injury so very realistic to aggravate it again. Being the warrior that he is, I highly doubt he would agree to an injury excuse to rest. It would make sense for the Nets to roll out Kyrie, KD and Harden to refine their chemistry and play before playoffs.

On a side note, Covid and safety protocols aside, this season has been marred with more injuries than I can remember.

No doubt man never ever seen so many absences especially to star players its been a forgettable season 

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

No doubt man never ever seen so many absences especially to star players its been a forgettable season 

90% of those "absences" wouldn't take place if it were the playoffs

11 minutes ago, G.O.B. said:

90% of those "absences" wouldn't take place if it were the playoffs

Obviously no one is load managing in the playoffs lol 

1 hour ago, G.O.B. said:

yeah but thats my point.. this forgettable season is gonna be the standard. i seriously doubt next year is anything different.

Yes, load management makes for keen fantasy management. My strategy has always been trading during the season (unfortunately my league is allergic to trades) to have a solid core with a couple of expendable players to stream for added games advantage, but most importantly, these expendables are first to drop when a potential valuable player emerges as a result of load management that will make a difference come playoff time.

20 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Something fishy in Brooklyn. What a coincidence when Harden gets hurt KD is suddenly back

lol nah brah that's the new norm. Long gone are the days of playing 82 games... it's like these players were sick of playing all 82, getting injured and never winning any rings. Also, they got soft af because these regular season games became so meaningless. One sprain or fall and they are suddenly out for weeks, when the old schoolers would be back next game. Something definitely needs to change or we are about to see a new level of Load management and tanking. It's like all of a sudden stars were getting "injured" right in the grueling months of winter. They'll all be magically healed when it's nice a** hell outside and right before the playoffs. Maybe it's time to give the best records in the regular season the lottery picks.

Edited by MantisToboggan

Harden will be back in 2-5 weeks. Hamstring injuries are tricky so sadly I think the Nets are going to go the safer route and use this as an excuse to rest him up for the playoffs. On the bright side, it shouldn't take as long to recover as KD's hamstring injury.

6 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

just checking if anyone has heard or read any updates regarding his recovery

I haven't seen anything, most likely there won't be any news until the re-evaluation planned for the 16th

• Like 1
1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

just checking if anyone has heard or read any updates regarding his recovery

nothing yet...but he looks happy on the bench lol....

fingers crossed for the update in 2 days!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, crocp said:

fingers crossed for the update in 2 days!

Yeah updating you/us he'll be out 2 more weeks 🤣🤣🥱

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 1

Looks like every team is starting to rest their stars for the playoffs. After injuries to so many players, I don't see Harden coming back until the end of April/May at the earliest. Wouldn't even be surprised if the Nets rested him until the playoffs.

3 hours ago, MantisToboggan said:

Looks like every team is starting to rest their stars for the playoffs. After injuries to so many players, I don't see Harden coming back until the end of April/May at the earliest. Wouldn't even be surprised if the Nets rested him until the playoffs.

Disagree! IMO, he’s in a 2-man race with Jokic for MVP and wants to be back out there.  

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Taipan said:

Disagree! IMO, he’s in a 2-man race with Jokic for MVP and wants to be back out there.  

I think I agree with this statement - he's already stated publicly he wants the MVP, and I think it's between him, Joker and Embiid for that 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, squidthunder said:

I think I agree with this statement - he's already stated publicly he wants the MVP, and I think it's between him, Joker and Embiid for that 

Go Joker

#JokicMVP

🤩

Edited by Stefan